Engine Block Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Block Shipping

So next year I will be moving for school and everything I am bringing will be in my car. I do not see getting the H23 in the car before I move and I do not want to drive 3000 miles with it in my trunk. What is the cheapest way to ship it? It as of right now is split into head, block and oil pan, intake manifold. I might just take the head and intake with me in the car but the block and oil pan is the problem. I did consider renting a truck and having someone come along the trip but 2 tanks that need to be filled up adds up quick.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Rent a flatbed and haul the car too? I'm sure it would be cheaper on gas than driving both.

Sorry, I have no idea on shipping costs, I just wanted to share that idea.

Comment

http://www.freightcenter.com/engine%20shipping.aspx

I have no experience using them but it may give some idea of the costs

Comment

If you have room in the car, just put it in the trunk. It's the most economical route.

Comment

Shipping a 150 - 200 lb engine 3,000 miles is going to probably cost more than the two trucks idea significantly.
          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
          If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Check out Uship.com

It's kinda like eBay except people driving certain routes do the bidding on your items to ship if they have room. Then you pick the offer that best fits your budget.

My buddy got his motorcycle shipped from CA to VA for $600. The dude was delivering a boat and had space in the back of his truck. It's worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
              Shipping a 150 - 200 lb engine 3,000 miles is going to probably cost more than the two trucks idea significantly.
              Yea right.

Renting a uhaul for $20 a day, plus uhaul charges per mile. I looked up their smallest truck (10' box van) pick up in Manchester, NH , and drop off in Kirkland, WA; total cost is $1021. Plus you have to put fuel in it, at 10 mpg, thats another $1000 for gas.

Strap the engine to a pallet, wrap it up, it may cost you a few hundred dollars to ship it. Or either bust ass and get the engine together and in the car; or sell it.
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

What shipping company are you using? UPS and FedEx quoted me $200+ just to ship an engine to a machine shop 4 hrs away. I can only imagine what cross country would do.
                '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Trunk is your best option.
                  wat?

Comment

Working...
                  X