Tein Coilovers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tein Coilovers!

I might pick up a set off craigslist today. He wants 500. Hopefullytakeloolin nice condition judging off the pics. Is there anything I should know before i buy it? Do people even buy second haand susppensions on here?
    BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

You should head over to the suspension section and read the stickies, there is a ton of useful information available like CB7 Lowering Spring, Full Coilover, and Damper compilation, now you need to know which ones they are, and you would also probably benefit from reading the subthreads in Common Suspension Info can be found in here

Yes it is quite common for people that are a part of cb7tuner to buy suspension setups second hand, though they usually either come from someone upgrading, reverting to stock, or parting out their cb for any number of reasons.
    Last edited by cloudasc; 09-02-2013, 02:26 PM.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Second hand is risky, if you don't know the history. You could buy buying someone's blown out junk.

Comment

Bring with you an allen wrench and a 17" wrench to remove the caps. Then compress the struts. It will obvious if they're blown.

Comment

or spend a extra $100 and get brand new F&F type 1 coil overs off ebay for 599

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

He lives in Hawaii... so shipping would probably cause his farts to be silent for the next decade. I'm assuming that the Craigslist find is local.
            (and this is why it helps to have your actual location displayed!)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              He lives in Hawaii... so shipping would probably cause his farts to be silent for the next decade. I'm assuming that the Craigslist find is local.
              nah you can get them for 599 with free shipping anywhere in the us

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Function-For...0b3f9f&vxp=mtr

MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188701

Comment

[QUOTE=cloudasc;3165387]You should head over to the suspension section and read the stickies, there is a ton of useful information available like CB7 Lowering Spring, Full Coilover, and Damper compilation, now you need to know which ones they are, and you would also probably benefit from reading the subthreads in Common Suspension Info can be found in here
                Ya I read a lot of that thread already. Very useful. I just wanted to know what type of things you look for when buying 2nd hand

Second hand is risky, if you don't know the history. You could buy buying someone's blown out junk.
                Ya I asked him and he said he only had it like 6 months so that means like 13
                Originally posted by tishock View Post
                Bring with you an allen wrench and a 17" wrench to remove the caps. Then compress the struts. It will obvious if they're blown.
                Thank you. This is what I was asking. I'll be sure to bring it.
                Originally posted by 92accord ex View Post
                or spend a extra $100 and get brand new F&F type 1 coil overs off ebay for 599
                Of course ! I would definitely take this route but I'm trying to talk him down. Tried for 300 and he said he's looking for 4 but hell get back to me.

Is the silent farts a g*y joke? If so that's hilarious. Ya I thought the <-- side was cool but I can see why an actual location is helpful
                BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

It's just an assrape joke... because that's exactly what shipping to HI would be, I'd imagine.
                  We don't tell g*y jokes around here. We ban for them.

Did you ask why he's changing his setup? If they're Tein Street Basics, they're going to be very soft. Basically, a looks-only application. Super Street is a step up. I'm not sure if they even have anything more performance-oriented for our cars. The quality is decent, and I'd imagine they'd be fine as long as the dude didn't slam the car and take it off-roading.
                  Most likely, he's ditching them for being too soft. Anything else, he may have abused them, damaged them, and cleaned them up to sell to a sucker.

Then again, you kinda live in a pretty small area. I'd assume screwing someone out of a few hundred bucks is a BAD idea when you live on a fairly small island!

Comment

Depending on how bad the salt air is in HI, confirm that the collars can move. I helped my friend move his Basics from his Civic HB to his wife's old coupe and the collars were seized in place because of salt, as the collars are aluminum.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyne521 View Post
                      nah you can get them for 599 with free shipping anywhere in the us

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Function-For...0b3f9f&vxp=mtr
                      Did you even read the link that you posted? Extra shipping charges to HI.
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                        Did you even read the link that you posted? Extra shipping charges to HI.
                        nope... lol read the shipping was free in the us and didn't mention it in the shipping cost area... didn't bother reading the actual item sale info

MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188701

Comment

It's just an assrape joke... because that's exactly what shipping to HI would be, I'd imagine.
                          We don't tell g*y jokes around here. We ban for them.

Did you ask why he's changing his setup? If they're Tein Street Basics, they're going to be very soft. Basically, a looks-only application. Super Street is a step up. I'm not sure if they even have anything more performance-oriented for our cars. The quality is decent, and I'd imagine they'd be fine as long as the dude didn't slam the car and take it off-roading.
                          Most likely, he's ditching them for being too soft. Anything else, he may have abused them, damaged them, and cleaned them up to sell to a sucker.

Then again, you kinda live in a pretty small area. I'd assume screwing someone out of a few hundred bucks is a BAD idea when you live on a fairly small island!
                          OK no homosexual jokes. Just assrape. Gotcha. Na I didn't ask him why he's selling it but man I really need a drop my car looks like its lifted!
                          Would u recommend teins? Its more expensive then F&Fs but F&Fs seem more popular on this site

Originally posted by Nyne521 View Post
                          nope... lol read the shipping was free in the us and didn't mention it in the shipping cost area... didn't bother reading the actual item sale info
                          Ya bro its rare to find free shipping to Hawaii but u come across a few. 100 for shipping then like 200 for camber kit then like the bushings and stuff. Everyone on this island drops their cbs on stock struts. A bunch of accord bouncing up and down on the highway lol
                          BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

Ok so 350 is the lowest hell go. What do you guys think. ? Plz leave feedback I appreciate it
                            BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

IMO basic tein's arent that good, (wont get into the long reason why) if the car that it was previously on was not slammed to the ground then you should be good with the coilovers. if the car was slammed then i would personally pass or offer a lower amount for them.
                              FRIENDS
                              DONT LET
                              FRIENDS
                              ROLL ON
                              ROTA'S

Comment

Working...
                              X