ROTA Wheels warns against counterfeit products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROTA Wheels warns against counterfeit products

The recent proliferation of counterfeit ROTA Wheels around Asia has prompted its manufacturer and trademark holder Philippine Aluminum Wheels, Inc. (PAWI) to issue a warning statement to protect customers

The official statement from PAWI is in bold:

The counterfeit [ROTA] wheels have recently surfaced through some wheel dealers in Malaysia. They are manufactured in China. The most distinct feature of the 'copies' is that they are embossed with a ROTA marking on the face of the wheel, whereas the genuine ROTA [wheel] has none. They also come with a center cap bearing the 'ROTA Wheels' logo. They are packaged in plain brown boxes. Original ROTA wheels come with boxes that feature ROTA markings and 3D wheel drawings.

"ROTA Wheels undergo rigid testing using JWL/JWL-T standards to assure you that you are purchasing quality wheels. We cannot guarantee the safety of the copies so please be careful with your wheel purchases," said Michael Rojas, president of PAWI.

ROTA and its logo is a registered trademark of Philippine Aluminum Wheels, Inc.

Genuine ROTA Wheels are made proudly in the Philippines.

The company has provided a link to its Distributors Page for customers to refer to in case they have questions about the products.

http://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-i...-products.html
    FRIENDS
    DONT LET
    FRIENDS
    ROLL ON
    ROTA'S

i found this kinda funny/ironic
    FRIENDS
    DONT LET
    FRIENDS
    ROLL ON
    ROTA'S

Comment

So someone can't afford the real wheel. So then they buy the Rota's.

But then there's people that cant afford the real wheel OR the Rota's and they have to buy a Rota knockoff?

I don't want to live anymore.
      <-- MRT

Comment

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I LOVE THIS PLANET

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I don't know about you guys but I'm gonna put my LEGIT Rota's up for sale now that they will have more value....

Comment

Originally posted by Macaqueistrong View Post
            I don't know about you guys but I'm gonna put my LEGIT Rota's up for sale now that they will have more value....
            that actually... somehow, makes sence

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
            It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Well, Rota at least meets the safety standards of a number of countries. The Chinese company that is making counterfeit Rotas (notice I didn't use an apostrophe when pluralizing Rota? Yeah, I'm smrt.) does not have any sort of certification.

I find it interesting that "ROTA" is cast into the wheel on the counterfeits, and not on the real deal.

Comment

saw this on facebook, Im just like wtf right now, SMDH.

Comment

I never understood why people talk shit on Rotas. Like all the "friends don't let friends roll on rotas" crap.

Why not go talk shit on Jack Lee for selling replica grills, eyelids and flushmounts. There is absolutely no difference at all. JL has sold his good quality replica items like nuts for a long time. Yet I have not seen one person mouth off anything negative about his products.

I know a guy who has more money in a RHD RB26DETT S15 than most people here have in their houses. He has many sets of wheels and the set I see him with most is a a set of Grids.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 2winRB25 View Post
                    I never understood why people talk shit on Rotas. Like all the "friends don't let friends roll on rotas" crap.

Why not go talk shit on Jack Lee for selling replica grills, eyelids and flushmounts. There is absolutely no difference at all. JL has sold his good quality replica items like nuts for a long time. Yet I have not seen one person mouth off anything negative about his products.

I know a guy who has more money in a RHD RB26DETT S15 than most people here have in their houses. He has many sets of wheels and the set I see him with most is a a set of Grids.
                    One thing about the generation today and the mentality they have is that they have to fit in and be part of that bandwagon mob mentality.
                    I don't diss anything that's knocked off, IF it's the same quality as the original.
                    I see post were people driving s14's or skylines diss people driving ferraris or other exotics. People are stupid. IDK Y.

Comment

finally...they get a taste of their own medicine. Now they know how legit companies such as Volk, Rays, etc feel about having their designs knocked off.

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
                        One thing about the generation today and the mentality they have is that they have to fit in and be part of that bandwagon mob mentality.
                        I don't diss anything that's knocked off, IF it's the same quality as the original.
                        I see post were people driving s14's or skylines diss people driving ferraris or other exotics. People are stupid. IDK Y.
                        I'm in the 240 crowd, and Ill admit, most Nissan people are different. I just don't get most of them.

And this forum has a MAJOR bandwagon issue. I love this forum but I noticed that not long after joining. And this is not my only forum.

There is a difference in knocking something off and bringing back a rare or classic wheel for everyone to enjoy. People who like to flash their money and show they can afford an original (cock measurers) and people who sell the originals way over priced are normally the first to talk shit on a replica. They feel a replica takes value away from what they have. If they truly meant all the crap they say about the replicas they would not say anything at all!
                        Last edited by 2winRB25; 08-15-2013, 06:36 AM.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

There is a difference in knocking something off and bringing back a rare or classic wheel for everyone to enjoy.
                          U mad bro?

Seriously, WTF do you think Jack is doing? You contradict yourself. And if you don't like "the MAJOR bandwagon issue" on this forum, you know where the door is.
                          Originally posted by Mishakol129
                          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                            U mad bro?

Seriously, WTF do you think Jack is doing? You contradict yourself. And if you don't like "the MAJOR bandwagon issue" on this forum, you know where the door is.
                            Hes making replicas and putting parts in peoples hands that they other wise could not get. There simply is not enough g square grilles, eyelids and flushmount spoilers to go around. So I think its awesome. I plan on buying a flushmount myself once they are back in stock.

So no, I did not contradicting myself. You thought I meant something that I did not mean. I like JL replica products. And I like Rota wheels.

Your a bit hostile. As far as the bandwagon issue I don't have to say anything to defend my statement. As far as your words thats very aggressive of you to say. I also said that I liked this forum. I should not have to defend myself from your incorrect assumptions of what I mean and your "get the hell out of here then" attitude.

edit- And no I'm not "mad bro." I don't have to be mad to disagree.
                            Last edited by 2winRB25; 08-15-2013, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Hes making replicas and putting parts in peoples hands that they other wise could not get. There simply is not enough g square grilles, eyelids and flushmount spoilers to go around. So I think its awesome. I plan on buying a flushmount myself once they are back in stock.

So no, I did not contradicting myself. You thought I meant something that I did not mean. I like JL replica products. And I like Rota wheels.

Your a bit hostile. As far as a the bandwagon issue I don't have to say anything to defend my statement. As far as your words thats very aggressive of you to say. I also said that I liked this forum. I should not have to defend myself from your incorrect assumptions of what I mean and your "get the hell out of here then" attitude.

edit- And no I'm not "mad bro." I don't have to be mad to disagree.
                              So then why even bring up Jack? Why involve him? People bash on Rotas because they are knocking off CURRENT wheel manufacturers, is Jack? Don't think so. So please leave him out of your argument.

And its no assumption to read in one post you wonder why no one bashes someone for making knock offs and then in the next post say that it's ok if you're replicating a rare wheel.

Lol, EVERY car scene has a bandwagon. Doesn't matter if it's Honda or Nissan, but for some reason our forum is the MAJOR offender.

I'll defend this forum to the end, bandwagon and all. My statement still stands.
                              Originally posted by Mishakol129
                              Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Working...
                              X