Laugh of the day: my dad is computer illiterate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laugh of the day: my dad is computer illiterate

Not even illiterate...moronic. He asks me stupid friggin' newbie questions all the time. Can't grasp the concept of the difference between a CD-R and a CD-RW. Keeps trying to write over CD-R's and gets mad when it won't let him. Forgets how to turn the computer on sometimes. Has trouble finding the desktop. And thinks Internet explorer is God.
    But on to the most recent...so he calls me up a couple minutes ago and he's trying to get a word document file from his computer to a disk. For some reason he's trying to write his entire "my document" folder to an already full cd. I kindly tell him that he needs to check the file size of the folder because it can't be over 650MB and use a blank cd. He then complains that he already has a cd in the D drive and wants the items to transfer over...i kindly tell him he cannot write to a CD-R disk that has already been written to. Confused and upset he fishes through the room but can't find a blank cd...but wait...theres one never been used. Ok, so i manage to get him to isolate JUST the word document he needs to copy over, tell him to highlight it, press ctrl+c and open the D drive. He does so and i tell him to paste the document in folder and he does so. I tried b4 to get him to just send it to D drive but right clicking was too complicated for him. He then begins to place the blank CD in the drive and says
    Him - yea i'm glad i was able to find this blank cd...its clear too.
    bells start ringing and i'm like
    Me - clear cd? Its not plastic is it!?
    Him - yea its clear and plastic and i haven't used it before so i know its blank.
    Me - thats NOT a cd
    Him - well sure it is
    Me - Lemme guess, it has no writing on it
    Him - No writing.
    Me - Thats NOT a cd
    Him - But it came with the other cd's why isn't it a cd?...i bought a 5 pack. I'm gonna write a letter of complaint! No wait, this is a CD its shaped like a CD too.
    Me doing my best not to bust out laughing at him - OH MY GOD ITS NOT A CD! Its just the protection for the actual cd's...like wrapping paper
    Him - This isn't wrapping paper
    Me - ...i gotta go (made up excuse) my boss is coming
    Him - Ok, i'm gonna try to write to my CD
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

hahahahahahahaha
    www.2camcrew.com

Comment

haha 0wned

Comment

hahaha funny

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

lmfao.

that's worse than that old urban legend about the lady using her cd drive as a cupholder and it breaks off

hahahahahahahahaha roflmao

i guess i can relate... my mom used to be just as bad
          Last edited by i'm the girl; 04-06-2005, 02:09 PM.

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

hahah kinda like my dad used to be, nice

Comment

lmao... i use those blanks and have my friend toss it at me, then i hit em with a baseball bat

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Comment

Heh, go easy on the guy. He is your Dad afterall... I don't believe you explained things properly. You could have said that the cd needs metal on it to be written on, and you can't add on to an already full cd-r. Also you can write to an already burned disc if the session is not yet closed, noob.

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808
                  Heh, go easy on the guy. He is your Dad afterall... I don't believe you explained things properly. You could have said that the cd needs metal on it to be written on, and you can't add on to an already full cd-r. Also you can write to an already burned disc if the session is not yet closed, noob.
                  I try going easy on him but if he's arguing with me about why his plastic cd isn't working its a bit hard to keep a straight face...i can give u his number and u can try explaining it to him

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

hahahah its ok my dad doesnt use computers, he has no need. momy takes care of taes etc hehehehe
                    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

[QUOTE=midnite racer xi can give u his number and u can try explaining it to him [/QUOTE]

Thanks but I am already tied up with 2 people myself. They require immediate on call 24/7 emergency service.

Comment

thats some funny ish. i know how that is because my dad is like that. he uses both of his pointer fingers to type. he does about 5 letters every 10 minutes. lol

he cracks me up.

:Back In Business...

Comment

Originally posted by RyderzUnlimited
                          thats some funny ish. i know how that is because my dad is like that. he uses both of his pointer fingers to type. he does about 5 letters every 10 minutes. lol

he cracks me up.
                          haha my dad does that two finger typing too, but he's actually preatty good and fast typing that way
                          ~~~~~~~

Comment

did your dad write this letter..?

Comment

Just came back from helping him out...he never had a friggin CD-RW its only a readable lol!!! He swore up and down it was able to write cd's...

Comment

Working...
                              X