No announcement yet.

Probably going nissan today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yawn but still 01 it doesnt matter those cars are prone to go age or not did you buy it straight of the dealer lot or is it a hand down?

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
      Yawn but still 01 it doesnt matter those cars are prone to go age or not did you buy it straight of the dealer lot or is it a hand down?
      A little of both. My parents bought it straight off the lot and I bought it from them (NOT GIVEN) for blue book. They bought an '04 Accord.

Originally posted by fizzbob7
      my address if someone just has to whip my ass:

ricky duckworth
      20455 lasso circle
      toney, al 35773

bother my wife or kid, i'll have to end their life
      just bother me, i'll only whip their ass and we can be buds afterwards
      Why does it have to resort to violence? Why does every argument have to result in someone talking shit about how bad they are and how much they can kick someone's ass? This is just an online forum. What's said here should be taken with a grain of salt and leave it there... damn. It makes you sound a lot more immature than I hope you are with a wife and kid when you say such things. I too am a father so I understand where you're coming from with the later comments... but still, no one said anything about 1) wanting your address to kick your ass or 2) wanting to hurt anyone that you know or love.

All that was said is that she was looking at an Altima. We're not getting it because it was a POS (wrecked and needed engine work). We're still in the market for another car. Chances are we won't be getting another 4th gen (5th gen maybe) for the simple fact that they're aging (all be it aging well... still aging). When we get another car, the 4G goes to ME!

Comment

Alright... I wasn't gonna say anything, but the comments about reliability issues and general slamming of the car kinda pissed me off.

My other car, a daily driver, is a 99 Altima. There's nothing wrong with this car and it's never had an issue. I got it when it had 42k miles 13 months ago. Now, it has 91k. The only thing I've ever given it besides oil changes and gas was a set of new plugs. Not because it needed them, just cause I wanted to throw in Platinum-4s. I drive the LIVING PISS out of this thing... hard as hell, never taking it easy, and it's never complained.

Also, what's this about inferior low end?

Take a look:
        H22A Torque Curve

Now, here's a dyno graph from a Nissanclub member:
        KA24DE Dyno:

Now, I understand in terms of numbers, that's not alot of torque. No, it's not faster than any car with an H22 that isn't seriously damaged or improperly running... but it's very constant and flat in comparison. I've found this to be extremely useful and enjoyable, especially when I have to drive this thing through manhattan. It's a damn good car.
        Last edited by Dirty Harry; 04-08-2005, 04:02 PM.

Comment

THANKYOU ^^^^^^

Comment

Thats not the point. hondagurlex21 is talking about how a 2.4 DOHC is so much superior to a 2.2, whether its the F or H.

This idiot is saying that just by that alone, that car shouldve beat the auto H22. Uh, no. Fizzbob pointed out all the reasons why that has to be the dumbest statement ever. Hell, a stock CB7 can beat Ford/Dodge/Chevy trucks with motors twice the size of the stock motor. Just because its a lil bit bigger doesnt mean its better, it just means that the torque delivery is going to be broader and smoother.

As far as the quality, hell, I myself have never seen an old Altima that can hold up to the quality of the CB7. The new ones are nice, but were talking about the older, fat-sagging-ass model.

Comment

Originally posted by H22ACB7
              As far as the quality, hell, I myself have never seen an old Altima that can hold up to the quality of the CB7. The new ones are nice, but were talking about the older, fat-sagging-ass model.
              http://www.altimas.net/registry/vehi...vehicleid=1898
              My old '95 Altima GXE. Not a dent, scratch or sign of paint fade on the entire car (before I wrecked it). The interior was immaculate with the original interior. The car had around 107k miles and the seats looked better than my Camry when it had 60k miles and better than my '96 Accord I had when it had 80k miles.

But I'm done man.. talking to hardcore owners is like talking to a wall... I know because I was one.

Comment

Originally posted by H22ACB7
                Just because its a lil bit bigger doesnt mean its better, it just means that the torque delivery is going to be broader and smoother.
                ...thanks for repeating me, lol.

Anyway.

Originally posted by Big Body LX
                But I'm done man.. talking to hardcore owners is like talking to a wall... I know because I was one.

^^ What he said.

I've come to appreciate everything with a wide range of understanding. I can appreciate a D-series for being good on gas, I can appreciate the H22 for being quite an exceptional N/A performance motor, I can appreciate the KA for its flat and early torque and driveability, I can appreciate a Ram Jet 502 for making complete ass-raping power without any power adders, the list goes on... I find it hard to hate on anything unless it's utterly and completely bad. There wouldn't be these stupid shit fights if more people were that way...
                Last edited by Dirty Harry; 04-08-2005, 09:29 PM.

Comment

and what the hell has ANY of this got to do with your 99....completely different car.....nissan KNEW they had to up the bar with the altima, or kill it off.....so they upped the bar, i said that didn't i? if they had let it remain at it's level, all the entry level, midsize competition would have destroyed it....
                  *smacks forehead*

ALL Altimas from 93-01 had the KA24DE motor. There were small modifications here and there in later models, but we're talking about less than 5 hp. The NEW Altimas you see now, the 3rd gens... are 2002-2005. THOSE Altimas are the ones that are completely different, with the 2.5 (QR25DE) and 3.5 (VQ35DE) engines.

Comment

but they changed engine management DRASTICALLY, look it up, i'm positive...even the motor isn't mechanically the same, different materials and tolerances........engine managment is what i mentioned being a fault in an earlier post.....the 93-97's suffered from an engine management that didn't cope well with weather changes (an issue here, could be 40 one day and 80 the next), didn't cope well with high humidity (here as well), threw codes for no reason sometimes, and didn't throw them at times it should have.....i've experienced all this firsthand.......i'm not saying it's the worst, i'm saying it was a flaw......that's MOSTLY what they addressed for the 98 model year....then they made it a monster later on.......

if i'm spewing shit, explain to me why they're so cheap, even when in excellent condition and better than average mileage.......

and i never said it didn't have potential.....IMO, everything does......i've seen 11 second pintos
                    The rason there so cheap is cause THERE SHIT explained

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                    bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

FIZZ!!!

All that should matter is the majority of experiences. For those that have had bad luck, I'm sorry. For the greater amount of owners that I know of, FIRST (93-97) and second (98-01) gen alike, that haven't had these horror stories you speak of, good. Who cares if it sells for cheaper? If it pleases the owner, "quality" is then only an opinion.

Can I get you a beer? Relaxing is a good thing

Comment

fizz....your gonna take that shit? shut him the fuck up...dont let him talk to you like that.
                        Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

ok dude that says altima is a Truck motor? that be my old ka shit in the 240. FWD ALTIMA,hardbody is RWD, not a truck engine besides for same price as the cb h22 swap I could put a fwd sr20 thats reliable in the altima that makes ALOT more power. so there a decent platform if you like them. so they might not suck as bad as everyone thinks. also before i get flammed i'm putting a h22 in my accord, so to each their own.
                          Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

Originally posted by Laguna7
                            besides for same price as the cb h22 swap I could put a fwd sr20 thats reliable in the altima that makes ALOT more power
                            The bluebird SR20 swap is harder than you'd think....

Comment

So is making a u.s model 240sx RHD, but I did it!
                              Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

you know what i'd like to see your project, rhd? dude it sounds badass i live here in san bernardino too we'll have to meet up sometime
                                CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

Working...
                                X