Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you thought Martin vs Zimmerman was bad

http://www.examiner.com/article/medi...e-crime-attack

Shame, racism isn't dead. You should make a assessment of the persons character and honesty rather than their ethnic background and skin color. And even then you are no one to judge them, or take their life.

Discuss.

You do not seem to be very content with the world you live in based on your more recent threads.

What I got from the link you posted is some black guys involved in a gang attacked a white guy and the white guy ended up in traffic where he was struck by a car.

And as for discussing the topic of racism, which I assume is your reason for making this thread, is a slippery slope.

Yes racism is alive and thriving. No America is not more diversified than its ever been however there has been an increase of diversification in the last 4.5 years.

My input here is this. Racism goes all ways. I have been discriminated against because of my race more than once myself. Still, I do not pacify the anger or frustration of discriminatory actions against any race or religion. I choose not participate in endless bitching and bickering about others wrong doings from a defensive or offensive stand point. Right is right, wrong is wrong and two wrongs do not make a right.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

But two Wrights made an airplane.

8ball, this forum is to provide a community centered around a common interest in the CB-chassis Accord. Since it has been so successful in its own right from a technical aspect it has drawn and kept many people in over the years. That fact is what makes the off-topic section necessary here. Being able to talk about more than just the Accords we own establishes that communal bond. However, this is an Accord forum. Its primary function is not to be your political or social soap box from which you blast your World Star Hip Hop links and tell the people of this world how bad things are. The more you do this the more I'm convinced you sit at home with a tinfoil hat on your head. So my question to you is this:

What do you provide to this community that relates to its primary focus?

Or

What do you gain from this forum outside of the off-topic section?
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post

8ball, this forum is to provide a community centered around a common interest in the CB-chassis Accord. Since it has been so successful in its own right from a technical aspect it has drawn and kept many people in over the years. That fact is what makes the off-topic section necessary here. Being able to talk about more than just the Accords we own establishes that communal bond. However, this is an Accord forum. Its primary function is not to be your political or social soap box from which you blast your World Star Hip Hop links and tell the people of this world how bad things are. The more you do this the more I'm convinced you sit at home with a tinfoil hat on your head. So my question to you is this:

What do you provide to this community that relates to its primary focus?

Or

What do you gain from this forum outside of the off-topic section?
        It shouldn't matter that this is an accord forum tho, the off topic section is an off topic section, hence the name, off topic.
        My FB Page - http://www.facebook.com/hellaflush3d

My 3D Work --> http://samauripizzacats.deviantart.com/

Comment

Racism only exists because people refuse to STOP calling it racism.

You COULD say that this is an example of racism. It is ALSO an example of HATE, ANGER and RAGE. I am not in anyway suggesting that this shit is OK, but racism as a term is too widely expressed when used in descriptive fashions describing one race against another.

At this stage in the game, there is no majority of ANY race that IS racist. There will always be individuals out there that cannot let shit go. However, there are plenty of white people that like blacks and mexicans and everyone else. Plenty of blacks that like mexicans and whites and whoever else.

Plenty of mexicans that like whoever else.

Racism has become an individual problem, not an ethnic one and the perception of that needs to change before it will ever stop.

People often times justify racism, because they were subjected to racism.

But, the RACIST person does not represent the majority. However, the person subjected to racism automatically has a pass to now be racist against the offending demographic, because they themselves were subjected to racism under current social understandings. .

This has GOT to change. Being subjected to racism, does not justify being racist.

In my opinion racism is a person specific problem, not an ethnic one. People have got to stop handing over control of the situation by getting in an uproar over 1 person or individual being a racist.

White people don't support the KKK either. Plenty of black people are against the new black panther movement and what it represents. Plenty of mexicans support immigration reform and tighter borders.

So I guess what I am saying, is it is no longer ethnic specific but rather an individuals problem if they cannot get over racial integration.

my thoughts on the subject anyways.

And so its out there, YES I DO THINK those people(that cannot get past racism) enable racism to continue.

Its not the racists that force racism to continue. Sounds illogical, I know. But, if people would stop getting their panties in a wad every time something racially motivated happened, racism would die.
          The few racists that are still alive DO NOT REPRESENT THE MAJORITY.

Acting like we do(OMG ITS SO OUTRAGEOUS) about racism, only enables those people. Acting like you give a shit, makes it mean something when some racist fucking prick wants to run their mouth about something. Stop reacting to racism, those very same people will find some other way to spark a reaction out of society.

They are the problem.Racist stuff happens, sure. Not at a rate that it should define society though. Racism is only alive today because people cannot get over it.

Reminds me of when my boys went through this phase that they were willing to be bad. They didn't care about getting into trouble, so, getting pissed off and grounding them became basically pointless. SO, how do you stop the cycle?

Stop reacting to their bullshit. You are willing to get into trouble in your ambitious attempt directly to piss me off? OK, well, no more getting pissed off then. If you are willing to get into trouble in an attempt to piss me off, then, I should never get pissed off again if I want to stop the cycle-right?

There you go.

You want racism to stop existing. It has to stop meaning anything first. As long as it means something to people that feel so passionately about it, other people will continue to wave it around in an attempt to retain control in one situation or to be insulting in another.

Don't lose control in the first place is what I am saying. If it means nothing, all the people that focus on racism will focus on something else to try to hurt people. Either way, those people are out to hurt others and there is nothing society can do about that.

So stop being so damn sensitive I guess is what I am saying.

Im white.

Ill be a cracker

Im cool with being a honkey.

White trash, yeah, they DO exist

So what?

Who cares. I'd rather be called a cracker than let racism control my feelings.

"cracker"

Mmmmmkkkkkaaayyy

I kind of think its funny actually.

You guys know why white people are called cracker anyways?

Because back in the slave days, we were whip crackers. So, whatever is all I am saying. I think its funny. So what?

Cracker.

HA. You thought that shit would hurt my feelings.... Lol

Using this story posted in this thread as an example;

White people all over the country could riot over this. We could protest. Call it a hate crime. Seriously get into an uproar.

Joe Biden could say that if he had a son, it could have looked like the victim(lol)

But why? What exactly does that do? Wouldn't acting like that, make black people all over the country upset when we(white people) marched on city hall calling black people racist for killing this poor white kid?

I mean seriously? Everytime something happens, riots, protests, demonstations, Al fucking Sharpton gets involved.

Over what exactly? Racism is an individual(s) problem and does NOT represent an entire demographic ANYWHERE in the United States.
          Last edited by toycar; 07-12-2013, 10:24 AM.
          Originally posted by wed3k
          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I started to read some of the comments under that article..... I'm at a loss for words. I think a lot of those "individuals" showed up to make a comment.
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Thats going in my sig.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

I didn't watch the video. I didn't read much of the comments. I only have one thing to say.

Racism (and any other -ism) will never die. People will hate/fear/envy/dislike/misunderstand/etc... anything that is different from themselves. Seeing as people are never 100% identical, there will always be differences.
                When a difference can be applied to a group rather than an individual (white vs. black, for example), and the feelings can be shared among the group, then the division only becomes stronger.

If it's not race, it'll be eye color. Or height. Or the smell of one's farts.

Also, racism goes ALL ways.

Comment

Also, racism goes ALL ways.
                  Thats exactly what I said Deev!

The word racism pains a picture in most peoples minds of black vs white. But I think of it like this, If you live in America whether your black, white or red, there are thousands of radical muslims that hate all of us more than they value their own lives. That is fucking racist.

Comment

It's more prejudice or bigotry when a peoples religion or beliefs are concerned. Same end effect though, it's an unfounded hatred toward another group.
                    MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                      It's more prejudice or bigotry when a peoples religion or beliefs are concerned. Same end effect though, it's an unfounded hatred toward another group.
                      Yeah your right. I guess they don't directly hate our race... or that is not the main reason anyways.

What would you call hating someone based solely on a religious reason?

Comment

Originally posted by 2winRB25 View Post
                        What would you call hating someone based solely on a religious reason?
                        A religious bigot......? or better yet a waste of oxygen!
                        MR Thread
                        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by 2winRB25 View Post
                          You do not seem to be very content with the world you live in based on your more recent threads.

What I got from the link you posted is some black guys involved in a gang attacked a white guy and the white guy ended up in traffic where he was struck by a car.

And as for discussing the topic of racism, which I assume is your reason for making this thread, is a slippery slope.

Yes racism is alive and thriving. No America is not more diversified than its ever been however there has been an increase of diversification in the last 4.5 years.

My input here is this. Racism goes all ways. I have been discriminated against because of my race more than once myself. Still, I do not pacify the anger or frustration of discriminatory actions against any race or religion. I choose not participate in endless bitching and bickering about others wrong doings from a defensive or offensive stand point. Right is right, wrong is wrong and two wrongs do not make a right.
                          well put sir

Originally posted by Lynx View Post
                          It shouldn't matter that this is an accord forum tho, the off topic section is an off topic section, hence the name, off topic.
                          EXACTLY

three rights make a left turn
                          FRIENDS
                          DONT LET
                          FRIENDS
                          ROLL ON
                          ROTA'S

Comment

Actually, it does matter... because when an off topic discussion causes problems, we lose members that could otherwise have been an asset to this forum's real purpose, which is Accords.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Actually, it does matter... because when an off topic discussion causes problems, we lose members that could otherwise have been an asset to this forum's real purpose, which is Accords.
                              EH, people are too damn sensitive these days. give it some more time and this country will be filled with cry babies
                              FRIENDS
                              DONT LET
                              FRIENDS
                              ROLL ON
                              ROTA'S

Comment

Working...
                              X