Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90/91 for me because I found some factory headlights for it at the PnP

Comment

I prefer the 92/93. I had a 93 10AE that I sold and now have a 90 LX coupe. I liked my 93 better... but the 90 was just too clean to pass up (it's in much better condition than the 93 was in) so in that regard, it's a better car. Besides, the 92/93 swap is doable... and to be honest, the 90 front/rear has really grown on me to the point that I'm not really sure if I even want to do the conversion. I think I'll leave it stock and just add a 92/93 to the collection...If I can ever find one as nice as the 90. I would kill for any mint 93 SE. In my eyes, there is no Accord more beautiful than an all original 93 SE sedan in cashmere silver metallic or SE coupe in Atlantis blue.

The power seat belts don't bother me too much in the 90, I got used to them.
      1990 Honda Accord LX coupe
      F22
      116,xxx miles

1989 Honda Accord LX sedan
      A20
      177,xxx miles

1992 Cadillac Allante
      4.5L V8
      70,xxx miles

Comment

Really liking everyone's response. Exactly the answers I was looking for. Idk I don't really like the tai lights from the 9091. Looks kind of generic like. Like a more generic plastic idk. Is the trunk n lights swap simple ? Just swap the trunk with a 9292? And why is people saying they got headlights for 9091? Aren't they the same as 9293? Also what's the diff with 10th anniversary? Is S.E the same thing?
        BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

SE is the top of the line model, 10th AE is between an LX and EX model.

9091 headlights are not sloped the same as 9293 lights.

The tail light swap does require a 9293 trunk because the bulb access holes are in a different location.

Comment

I have had both makes me no never mind.
            The CB7 Collector.
            Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
            92 LX Coupe F22A1
            2013 Toyota Corolla S
            92 EX Sedan F22A1
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

I have a 93 with a 9091 front end. I had a 91 before and LOVED everything about that car. I hated the 9293 because they just didn't look right to me. I prefer the 9091 model years. But my 93 is awesome, and I'm really diggin its mix match front end with the rest of the car. It's like the best of both worlds.

My 93 has airbags, my 91 didn't.
              My 93 has abs, my 91 didn't.
              My 93 has more power than my 91.
              My 93 has a 9091 front end lol.

Comment

If I went to the junkyard and found a 9091 bumper same color as my 92, how hard would it be to convert? I also just found out that the lights are different to
                BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

You would need bumper, bumper mounts, head lights, corners, turn signals, and grill. To complete the conversion go ahead and get a trunk lid with lights and rear turn signal lights.

Comment

We should make a DIY on that conversion
                    BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

Originally posted by RoseRoyce View Post
                      We should make a DIY on that conversion
                      I think there is already one, but it is basically unbolt swap and rebolt.

Comment

I'm on the fence on the matter, but I own and love a '90 (so I'm biased).

I find the rear end is tidyier on a 9293, but also looks more like a mid '90s Civic, where as the rear end on the 9091 looks more like the '98-02 Accord IMO.
                        I can't see going though the trouble of changing regardless which ever is owned, but it's all opinion.

I think the front end of the 9293 also looks cleaner, but don't like the massive orange square in the side marker. The air intake design on the 9091 bumper looks more 1980's ferrari to me, where the facelifted 9293 bumper again looks more modern but meh.

9293 has slimmer trim on the doors which does look better.

I plan to sport my 90 proudly without doing any 9293 conversion because the fact it is even older and super clean makes it more special to me. But the older I get the older my cars get for some reason. I guess my next whip could be from the '80s.

Comment

i owned both 91 and 92.

92 hands down... better door moldings, front bumper, and no power seatbelts. however i liked how the 90/91 had no airbags and i liked the rear bumper better.

Comment

Idk but it seems like the 9091 are a lil more boxier looking. I can most times tell the difference without looking at the obvious like bumper or tail lights
                            BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

Working...
                            X