No announcement yet.

Can I flip it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the advice guys and I did pass on the offer. After sitting on it for a day I felt it wasn't worth the investment. If it was for a parts car id be all over it.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I'd offer him $300, strip it, and recoup most of your money sending the shell to the crusher. If it needs brakes, count on all the bushings, tie rods and anything connecting to it to be bad

If it ran and stopped, spray it flat black, lower it, and sell it as a $1000 beater

Comment

agree on getting most of the money back from the crusher.

I personally think you could part it and make some coin. Maybe its just me, but around here you get $300 or so from the crusher. I think they pay .12-.15/lb.

There ARE good parts on the car, so, sell those.

I personally would strip it, re-finish as many parts as I could and crush the rest. You could pull the spindle&control arms, media blast and paint, then replace bushings/ball joints and earn a couple hundo from that.

Rear disc conversion $$$
        Interior parts$$$
        Engine/Tranny$$$

Then I would take all the mounting brackets for acc drive stuff, blast and paint them and post them up for sale LOOKING CLEAN$$$

Exhaust?$$$

Moonroof?$$$

Wheels?$$$

See what I am saying?

I could part this car and make $1200-$1500 off of it for sure. $200 for the engine(as is condition) or $1500 for the drivetrain(engine overhauled/tranny)

depends on the current state of everything on how I would handle it. Rebuilding the engine IS something I would consider though.

Gas tank?$$$

Fuel pump$$$

Engine bay harness$$$

ECU$$$

Fuse panel$$$

Sub frames$$$

Steering rack$$$

You'd get $60 or so just for the cat converter at a scrap yard

Just saying, you could easily part it and get your money back if you are interested in the leg work to actually get the stuff sold.
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Working...
        X