Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US ranked high for Happiness.....

http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/

They did a study and the results are there....

Our Northern brethern rank higher , but only slightly and I find that funny because a lof of them have strong opinions on our gun laws and the way our country runs, but seemingly, people here are almost just as happy as they are.

The rest of the countries are no surprise, Switzerland, Sweden and the like.

Discuss.

Good Ole' USA -- Best country in the world.

Not perfect, not even close, but that's the goal.

This is coming from someone who has enjoyed several other countries and can indeed confirm that this is one badass place to live.
    14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Yeah for how much bitching we do we got it good
      "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
      Disregard females, acquire currency
      BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Hmmmm, I remember hearing awhile back that Switzerland had the highest suicide rate of any Country...

My swap thread
        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Well, ignorance IS bliss.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

'merica

Comment

I can say none of my dreams would have been accomplished if i wouldn't have made the move.
              Since then i've learned that every country has it's shitty moments
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Doesn't the U.S have the highest rate of suicides/suicide attempts? And depression? How about all the people that die due to drunk driving? The victims and crime rates all across the states? Lol

Yet hey it's America the country of freedom...

Originally posted by deevergote
                .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

'Merica

where the terrorist are the minority and when there is a a mass killing they blame it on medications and media and not on the minority

'Merica

Comment

America, FXUCK yeah! Lick my butt and suck on my balls.

This study is good to match up with what you find important. Most polls I've ever read show us no where near the top with a simple, "how happy are you?" question. Scandinavia, Australia, and Latin America countries always do well.
                    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

http://www.weather.com/health/which-...piest-20130529

We're six.
                      Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                      -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                      MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

The use of "happy pills" is probably pretty high in the US too...

Any country that gives you enough freedom to so vocally bitch about how much you hate it is usually a pretty good place.

I'd like to see those results correlated with factors such as political freedom, gross income, material possessions, education, population density, environment (rural or urban, hot or cold), and physical health.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          The use of "happy pills" is probably pretty high in the US too...

Any country that gives you enough freedom to so vocally bitch about how much you hate it is usually a pretty good place.

I'd like to see those results correlated with factors such as political freedom, gross income, material possessions, education, population density, environment (rural or urban, hot or cold), and physical health.
                          Ummm those results are based on a few of the factors you listed-

Education, Environment, material possessions(life satisfaction or disposable income)

The others are there too, just under other names....

Comment

I couldn't find the actual study you mentioned in the link provided.

Comment

Its because of all of the amazing junk food
                              Originally posted by wed3k
                              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Working...
                              X