No announcement yet.

Porsche Boxster or Lotus Elise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does everyone have a big hard on for the Lotus. Every picture posted in the topic makes me like it less, small car, looks busy... I don't know just not for me.

Out of the 2 choices it would have to be the porsche.

Offtopic:if it were me i would find a Ferrari or Lambo.
    MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
    1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
      In regards to my previous post I thought I would leave this here.

Cappuccino

63hp dohc turbo charged 657cc 3cyl with a curb weight of less than 1600 when stock...

Since it would have to be imported I bet it would turn a lot of heads.
      See now that's something I could get behind

Its still go karty but at least it is more simple, with not so much going on.

BRG is good on it lol.

Just different wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
        Or the 944t-

So god damn sexy. Yes it's the poor mans Porsche, but it oozes 80's sex.

http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars...44_179822950_2

Save a few bucks lol. I would rock the shit out of it. A little TLC, no mods necessary and you're in.

With the CTS-V and the fit/cb you're covered lol!

Idk about everyone here ,but a lot of us probably dreamed about this car as it was new when we were growing up.

Much like the cg series Accord resembles the NSX, this car's front resembles the front of the Testarossa.

I hated everything about my 944. It was heavy and slow. It felt like a v-6 mustang. My buddy would whoop my ass in his 929. I was so happy when I finally sold it and pop down the payment on a SS camaro, and this was in '97.

Comment

Ya it is heavy.

Its still a sweet looking ride.

If he wants to go fast he has the CTS-V and the CB.

I thought he was looking for something that is sporty but refined.

Idk, I know a sports car from the 80s is hard to call refined, but I don't think the Lotus fits that bill either.

Comment

Deev.

Sports Cars Don't Really Attract Women

I once owned a Lotus Elise. Of course, being six-foot-three, I didn’t really own it so much as I regularly attempted to drive it by assuming the approximate size and shape of a football.

Seriously: the Elise is small. So small, in fact, that it was easier to view traffic lights by looking over the windshield frame than through the windshield itself. I later realized this meant that, in the event of a rollover, my head would’ve acted as the roll bar. Given the Elise’s curb weight, it may have actually been useful.

Of course, none of this surprises you, because car enthusiasts constantly make sacrifices for sports cars. Ferrari F355 owners, for example, sacrifice a significant portion of their net worth every three years to pay for an engine-out service that can only be performed by a man named Giuseppe who charges the same hourly rate as OJ Simpson’s defense team. Audi TT owners, meanwhile, sacrifice a huge portion of their manhood every time they open the door.

Just kidding, of course. The Audi TT has found a following among a wide variety of drivers, all of whom will trade it in several weeks before the warranty expires.

Anyway: there are a variety of reasons why car enthusiasts make sacrifices for sports cars. One is the pure joy of heading out in the evening for a long, spirited drive on your favorite twisty road with the wind in your hair, or - if you have a Lotus - the wind on your forehead. Another, of course, is to attract women. But I’m here to tell you this is a huge fallacy.

When I had my Lotus, men would approach me at gas pumps, gaze longingly at the car, and ask at least one of the following three questions:

1. How fast does it go?
            2. How much does it cost?
            3. How many chicks do you get?

I hated these questions. That’s because people were always disappointed by the answers, which, in case you’re wondering, are:

1. About as fast as an Accord V6.
            2. About as much as an Accord V6.
            3. About as many as an Accord V6.

Admittedly, these weren’t the only comments I got. Sometimes, men would drive up in a stanced 240SX and scream “Nice Celica!” before driving away with an exhaust note apparently tuned to mimic a medium-sized coffee grinder.

But it was usually one of those three questions, and they usually resulted in disappointment. Of course, I know what you’re thinking: What do you mean it didn’t get any women? Are you a complete idiot? Also, my Audi TT gets tons more women than your overpriced Celica!

It’s one of life’s universal truths: men think sports cars get women. That’s because most men think that a woman’s brain is highly normal, if a bit preoccupied with footwear, until an exotic car drives by, at which point she must chase it down and remove her underwear. But the simple truth is that most womenjust don’t care. Really. When the majority of women see a Lotus on the street, their first thought is: Hmm. I wonder if I have any text messages.

Of course, this isn’t true of all women. When I posted photos of the Lotus on my Facebook (this is a requirement designed to show your high school friends how cool you’ve become), more than a few women from high school contacted me to “catch up.” This brings me to another important point: the women attracted by a car probably aren’t the ones you want to attract in the first place.

Interestingly, while the Lotus didn’t go very far with women, it did draw the attention of a lot of men. I don’t recall a single fuel stop or traffic light where I wasn’t approached by at least one male car enthusiast whose neighbor had a Lotus, or whose dad had a Corvette, or whose friend had a Ferrari, or whose uncle knew Colin Chapman, or whose dad raced with Colin Chapman, or whose great-grandfather was Colin Chapman’s *** lover.

Beyond gas stations, every drive yielded constant thumbs-ups, smiles and camera phone pictures. One guy even leaned out of his ancient Ford Ranger and yelled “At least mine’s paid for!” as he sped away at a stoplight. He had forgotten to ask question number two.

There’s a moral to this story. Straight men: a sports car won’t get you laid. But to all the ladies and *** men out there: if you want to improve your game, buy a Lotus. And possibly a helmet.
            Pulled from Jalopnik

Comment

Thank you for that post, it was hillarious.

wow.

LULZ

Comment

search for a noble m12 i know a few made it to america.
                don't kow their value was around 100k in 2004.
                probably right on the money now.

would stomp on a elise you will loose fuel economy.
                ford v6 turbo. 2,300lbs. looks exotic.
                I kinda want one myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Xsjado View Post
                  search for a noble m12 i know a few made it to america.
                  don't kow their value was around 100k in 2004.
                  probably right on the money now.

would stomp on a elise you will loose fuel economy.
                  ford v6 turbo. 2,300lbs. looks exotic.
                  I kinda want one myself.
                  Im sure with his 25k budget he can not afford one.

Comment

i'd never heard of this car until just now; the Qvale Mangusta:

one for sale for $26k

Originally posted by wikipedia
                    The Qvale Mangusta is a sports car produced in limited numbers in Italy by the automaker Qvale between 2000 and 2002. During development and early production, it was badged as the De Tomaso Biguá. Later (and for the North American market) it was badged as the De Tomaso Mangusta (named for the car originally built between 1967 and 1971.[1]
                    The Mangusta uses a front mid-engine, rear-wheel drive layout, and is powered by a Ford 4.6L DOHC V8. It was offered with either a BorgWarner T45 5-speed manual gearbox or a 4-speed automatic...Ultimately, 284 cars were sold
                    there ya go. ford v8 reliability, extremely exclusive, good looking, decent price.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I've never driven an Elise, but I did drive a Boxter, and I was sadly disappointed. Maybe I expected too much. It felt powerful enough, but the interior seemed cheap and bare for an expensive newer car, might be a purist thing, and it sounded like an old nissan pickup. I did drive a G35 that day that I waould have taken over it.

I know its been covered, but.....

Body kit + Targa top = Straight terror

I would take this over both of them together

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                        i'd never heard of this car until just now; the Qvale Mangusta:

one for sale for $26k

there ya go. ford v8 reliability, extremely exclusive, good looking, decent price.
                        Yes! That's a sweet ride. V8, lightweight. Exotic, and has smooth body lines!

Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
                        I've never driven an Elise, but I did drive a Boxter, and I was sadly disappointed. Maybe I expected too much. It felt powerful enough, but the interior seemed cheap and bare for an expensive newer car, might be a purist thing, and it sounded like an old nissan pickup. I did drive a G35 that day that I waould have taken over it.

I know its been covered, but.....

Body kit + Targa top = Straight terror

I would take this over both of them together
                        This x10000

But he doesn't want a classy tuner car. He want's high end sports or real exotic.

Can you pickup NSX's for < 25K?

Comment

for some reason i thought it was i was 35-40, my bad.

i know some of the worlds billionaires use nsx's as personal cars.
                          Last edited by Xsjado; 05-24-2013, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xsjado View Post
                            for some reason i thought it was i was 35-40, my bad.

i know some of the worlds billionaires use nsx's as personal cars.
                            brotha if I could afford too, I would DD the NSX.

I have a pretty decent 50 min comute with some open stretches and curves and hills.

I would LOVE to DD an NSX everyday lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post

Can you pickup NSX's for < 25K?
                              Oh, I thought the price would have dropped more by now. Guess I'm further away than I thought, lol.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...O-SELL-26K-OBO

OBO!

Comment

I geuss no one has read this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X