Porsche Boxster or Lotus Elise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
    I feel like if you're going for a car that screams sport, then get an actual sports car.

I might be naieve, but if it gets better mpg then the Fit, it can't be that sporty.

Maybe CRZ esque?

Idk.

Id either save the money and get used classic or save up and get something with balls.
    Ralph you got to be fucking kidding me. Right?
    The Lotus Elise is pretty close to being the number one track day car you can buy. You cant go wrong. Its a solid choice.

Just thought Id add this.
    This is Jay lenos custom Lotus Elan.
    This is model that started it all for Lotus. Their rise to fame was because it was a no thrills sports car.
    Simple, lightweight, and great handling. The Miata owes all of its fame because of this car.
    Last edited by jhoff; 05-23-2013, 03:09 PM.

Comment

The Elise is one of the purest sports cars you can buy.

Comment

Yea I read up on it real quick because I really have no experience with it.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...s-elise-page-6

It gets so so reviews.

If your gf didn't like your shifting in the CTS, she won't like this car.

Some understeer and oil cooling issues aside, it gets a decent review.

I stand by my dislike of its looks. It's just gawdy. I don't think it's clean at all.

It is exotic and for performance reasons, I can see why it's well liked, but I think you can do better.

Comment

Not my girlfriend... that girl never got a call back from me! You don't insult both me AND my car in one sentence on a first date and expect a callback!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            not My Girlfriend... That Girl Never Got A Call Back From Me! You Don't Insult Both Me And My Car In One Sentence On A First Date And Expect A Callback!
            Lol

Comment

lol ya true.

Comment

Also, the pictures don't really do the Elise justice. It's really cool looking in person. I see them often.

Comment

Ralphie, have you ever ridden in, or even seen an elise in person? its fucking TINY!!

it's on a whole different plane of performance than 99% of the cars on the road. they weigh less than a ton, almost 1000 lbs less than a cb. literally every gram of weight on that car is there for a reason.

that understeer issue is when it's pushed harder and further than most any other car could go.

also, British Racing Green is the official racing color of England, so any british sports car i've ever considered would have to be painted BRG.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                  Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                  'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                  Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

All this talk of small and lightwieght cars makes me think of Initial D, and the 86 vs a cappuccino in the wet.
                    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Lotus screams badass'ness in every way possible, it looks good (Coming from a guy that thinks 98% of new cars look like bear shit), has more than enough power to get you into trouble, toyota engine, street legal go-kart, wow factor both when seen an driven.

If i was a lady panties would drop, getting a chub just thinking about such a machine.

02 Crv
                      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

I have driven both. The boxer is more refined, and quite easy to drive. It handles well. It's a nice cruiser.

The lotus, once you slither your way into it. It's like you paid $5 to ride go carts. It almost feels like you can move you body weight and put the car where you want it. It's not going to snap out of a turn when you punch the gas, but once comfortable driving it, you shouldn't have to, because you don't hit the brakes. It is not refined or polished at all. When you step out of it you feel like you have accomplished something.

I'd get the Porsche if you want a sporty topless cruiser, and the lotus if you want a car to forget about your work week

Comment

I'm sure it's cool, but it's just not for me.

Comment

And yea I've seen them at shows, never been in one but I'm not a fan of the go Karty feel.

Comment

In regards to my previous post I thought I would leave this here.

Cappuccino

63hp dohc turbo charged 657cc 3cyl with a curb weight of less than 1600 when stock...

Since it would have to be imported I bet it would turn a lot of heads.
                                PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Working...
                                X