No announcement yet.

Porsche Boxster or Lotus Elise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do love the 944. That and the Starion/Conquest (which was inspired by the Porsche) are among my favorite 80s sports cars. BUT, they're 80s cars. People see an old 944, and they see a fancy "tuner car".
    It falls into the same category as the Supra and NSX... I want one, but not in this situation.

While I'm not really planning on getting anything anytime soon, if at all, whatever I chose would replace the Fit. The Lotus is appealing as well because it gets Fit-like fuel economy... perhaps even better! I mean, it's got an engine only slightly larger, and it weighs about 800lbs less!

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
    The factory offered more options, but those are the only two you should consider

818? you mean the factory five kit car?
    I think I would get either British Racing Green or Aspen White.

And yeah, the kit car. Roofless, which is one reason I don't want one... but the power/weight is pretty similar to that of the Lotus, and the appearance is almost as exotic (though the front bumper reminds me of a cheap body kit...) It's also $15,000, less if I shop smart or use a lower-end Impreza for parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
      ummm ok.

lol.

Not sure I get the connection but cool!
      The 80s had alot of "snow".

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
        The 80s had alot of "snow".
        Ah true.

Comment

Both of these cars are especially unreliable.

Get a miata. Turbo it. Done.

Come on Deev, you know better.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
          Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
          NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7 View Post
            Both of these cars are especially unreliable.

Get a miata. Turbo it. Done.

Come on Deev, you know better.
            Cant say Ive herd of ether being unreliable. And then you sugest something that could be as unreliable of a 70's sports car.

Comment

Miata? That's like saying "why buy a Benz? just get an Elantra instead!"

The Porsche does have some reliability issues. Especially the older Boxster. It was mentioned earlier in this thread.
              The Lotus has a very reliable engine, though the rest of the car is still British. British cars are notorious for shoddy electrical systems. I haven't heard of any electrical issues with the Elise, but it's a possibility.

The Miata is indeed a great car. Certainly more accessible, much cheaper, and still "nice"... but it doesn't have the high-end clout of Porsche or Lotus. The performance is only one part of the equation.

Comment

End thread.

Comment

But with silver wheels, and black interior.

Comment

Comment

Ugh, its so hideous lol.

Especially that green. Go with the boxster LMAO.

Anything but that Lotus.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Comment

I feel like if you're going for a car that screams sport, then get an actual sports car.

I might be naieve, but if it gets better mpg then the Fit, it can't be that sporty.

Maybe CRZ esque?

Idk.

Id either save the money and get used classic or save up and get something with balls.

Comment

Better

Comment

Yes!

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                                I feel like if you're going for a car that screams sport, then get an actual sports car.

I might be naieve, but if it gets better mpg then the Fit, it can't be that sporty.

Maybe CRZ esque?

Idk.

Id either save the money and get used classic or save up and get something with balls.
                                Ralph, do you understand the concept that Lotus was founded upon?
                                Light weight, low power.
                                It's as quick in the quarter mile as my CTS-V, but with less horsepower than my CB7.

Comment

Working...
                                X