Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have an extra PC with PCIe slot or two?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have an extra PC with PCIe slot or two?

Does anyone have a spare PC they could let me use for a while, remotely? Preferably with 1 or 2 spare PCIe slots and a 500w+ power supply. Depending on what you've got I could even pay rent.
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

how would you want to connect? ssh? what sorta bandwidth? OS?

Comment

How fast does it need to be?
      The CB7 Collector.
      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
      92 LX Coupe F22A1
      2013 Toyota Corolla S
      92 EX Sedan F22A1
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Ethernet preferred.

Connection via logmein. VNC may work too, we can figure that out.

Windows 7 as an OS preferred but I can probably figure other OS out easy enough.

Bandwidth can be either next to no usage or I could use more. We can discuss that but I only NEED a very small amount of bandwidth. Hardly even noticeable.

Speed all depends. I don't need much at all in the way of CPU. Ram would ideally be about 4gb (can be more). Hdd space could be as little as 20gb. The real thing I'm looking for is PCIe slots, graphics cards, and power supplies.

500-600w PSU would be ideal

Radeon GPU

If you don't have a radeon, no worries, I may be able to supply some.
        My Car

Comment

atm i have a box sitting, i stold the core duo and put my D 930 in it, its a dell whatever, max is 2 gigs of memory(have to scrounge), about 128gb hdd. & if you want 7 or kubuntu, itd be an ethernet to adsl connection.. ive been pondering setting it up or this old workhorse p]|[ @ 1.2Ghz server cpu on a soyo with 768mb of sdram lol for a router or portal/radius server for a wifi hotspot, make some nickles while im at work.. no gpus i only have a gtx260 asus modded one in what im using now. what are your plans with the processing to be provided?

would a virtual machine on this one work? the above mentioned gpu C2D E4600 & 4GB (3.x visible) x86 win7
          Last edited by illinois_erik; 05-13-2013, 09:03 PM.

Comment

If you could make a virtual machine work, that's fine. I just need full access to the GPU's and about 2-4gb ram. How many PCI-e slots do you have?

Also, for your other machine, look into smoothwall. Pretty fun hardware firewall.

Side note, The more people with a spare machine sitting around, the better!
            My Car

Comment

lol i cant be part of an encryption cracking botnet...

remote distributed parallel processing would be cool though like for seti@home or the dna one

Comment

Everything is completely legal. There's no botnet involved.

I'm looking to get more machines going for cryptocurrency mining. Bitcoin is at the end of the GPU mining days but there are other cryptocurrencies like litecoin which are coming of age and are still efficient to mine on GPU's.
                My Car

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
                  Everything is completely legal. There's no botnet involved.

I'm looking to get more machines going for cryptocurrency mining. Bitcoin is at the end of the GPU mining days but there are other cryptocurrencies like litecoin which are coming of age and are still efficient to mine on GPU's.
                  I have 2 comps and I have a buddy of mine that has an extra. Right about where you are looking for. Both running Server 2008 R2. Right now I have access to just one of them as I am sure my other needs turned on. (I am up in KC for the moment, and they are in JAX, FL).

And the one that needs turned on has dual 8500 GT's in it and has PCI 16x and 3 1x I am pretty sure. Hit me up!!!!
                  The CB7 Collector.
                  Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                  92 LX Coupe F22A1
                  2013 Toyota Corolla S
                  92 EX Sedan F22A1
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Working...
                  X