Will be back some day! Found a Talon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be back some day! Found a Talon!

Hey guys! I'm driving a 1991 Grand Marquis these days. I plan on getting an Accord asap.. A friend of mine has an Turbo Eagle Talon, which I'm picking up for around $400, just has a blown head gasket.

lol my friend has a grand marquis that is a 92 and the head gasket was leaking so he just put in some bar's stop leak.

he can't complain since he got the car for free hahaha

here's the one tire fire he did after i did the o2 sensor in it

I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Good luck with the Talon. I always wanted one of those, but I could never find one that wasn't blown up, and if it was running, was always an automatic.

That Grand Marquis is pimping. My grandparents have the same car, but white lol.

I love the gold painted steelies. Bonus points for you!

Comment

Welcome to DSM land. Be advised, this may happen;

DSM's are like strippers man, they don't work unless you throw money at them.

You'll know what I am talking about in 5 years when you have 3-4 engines in your garage and consider yourself bound by blood to keep your DSM forever.

DSM's have been turning backyard mechanics into ASE certified equivalent 4g63 mechanics for at least 10 years.

You might have a second "parts" DSM by then. Pretty common.

Your car will probably spend more of your money than you do.

OK ok I'll stop.

I have DSM's myself. Good luck man

Keep up on your maint. Can't stress that enough. Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance. Stay up on that shit if you want the car to run. Don't half ass anything, or you will regret it.
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
          Welcome to DSM land. Be advised, this may happen;

DSM's are like strippers man, they don't work unless you throw money at them.

You'll know what I am talking about in 5 years when you have 3-4 engines in your garage and consider yourself bound by blood to keep your DSM forever.

DSM's have been turning backyard mechanics into ASE certified equivalent 4g63 mechanics for at least 10 years.

You might have a second "parts" DSM by then. Pretty common.

Your car will probably spend more of your money than you do.

OK ok I'll stop.

I have DSM's myself. Good luck man

Keep up on your maint. Can't stress that enough. Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance. Stay up on that shit if you want the car to run. Don't half ass anything, or you will regret it.

your such a dick brother lol

Nah to the OP man, that picture should be enough to convince you that DSMs are a totally different play game, they're not Hondas you can't ghetto rig anything don't buy cheap parts.

After selling both my GSTs I till this day won't give up on DSMs they're just a challenge to me something ill never quite understand but will appreciate my own work when I lay it out on it.

DSMs to me are like wives, if you don't throw money at them they'll eventually break down on you and drag you into a money pit, and they'll never tell you what's wrong until the shit hits the fan...and another thing you have to put in love into them for them to be fully satisfied , or else...

Just like my friend Toycar said...maintain these cars they'll return the favor and run nice a strong. I love DSMs, they're response to certain builds is amazing theyll surprise you in ways your cb7 just won't cut it.

After a blown head gasket make sure you rip down the whole engine check sensors , make sure you don't have shavings in the block, make sure everything is still at its best, and most cats run their 4G63s like shit some don't realize how a vented Blow off valve can damage their car. Chek the turbo for play...

Go on DSMturners.com register and enjoy alot of nice folks they're kind and will lay out plenty of positive very helpful information on their forum. If anything they'll remind you of Cb7tuner. Shit I even know a guy on there who I call Deevergote lol...

Enjoy your Talon man...

Originally posted by deevergote
          .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

I Actually only want the car for turbo build parts,Then I'd sell off the rest. I understand the importance of doing things right, that goes for anything one builds. I think I might get my old motor out of my 4dr, and I could start getting it ready for a car and turbo too..!

Comment

Chance are, the turbo parts in the Talon will need to be rebuilt. You won't be saving much money buy buying the car just for that!

I'd stick to the Grand Marquis. I've always wanted to make one of those things fast.

Comment

This thread has some of the best quotes and metaphors in it.

Comment

Working...
                X