My latest 1/72 project completion *pics*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My latest 1/72 project completion *pics*

Completed yet another 1:72 kit, this time a German S100 class Schnellboot (fast attack craft) from Revell Germany. I lined up a JU87 of the same scale for size comparison. The kit's 21" long overall. Decals had not been added when pics were taken.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by ACCORDianate; 04-02-2005, 11:09 PM.
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Looks good man. Your into models and all that war stuff. Thats pretty neat man.

Good stuff to keep ya outta trouble. heh

Comment

how long did it take to finish?

Comment

Man i used to build a ton of those and now i just dont have any time, its relaxing though. looking good

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
        JDM H22
        Port n Polished Int Mani
        Bored TB, maxed
        MSD 6A
        I/H/E
        no cat
        [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Originally posted by Crayola-r
          how long did it take to finish?
          It took me about a month to do off and on, with the first 2 1/2 weeks just getting the two-tone of the hull a straight line (masking tape was being uncooperative; had to sand it down 4x.) I still f'd up the bow but I got tired of respraying the hull, besides it was starting to lose detail with 5 coats of paint on it.

Once the hull and deck were on the rest of it went fairly fast, except for the large flak gun at the stern and twin AA machine guns midships: too many little tiny pieces that were overly fragile. Loctite instant glue saved my ass a few times.
          Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
          2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
          2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
          2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Working...
          X