time for new computer speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

time for new computer speakers

it has been a really time since i bought computer speakers. mine are just about done and it is time for them to be replaced.

im looking for 2 speakers and a separate sub. my budget is $50.

what a good set to pick up?
    visit vgruk

Years ago, I picked up a $100 set of Creative surround sound speakers with audio card and sub for $30 at Best Buy. Open box special. Right now I'm using a small Harmon/Kardon pair of speakers that my friend gave me. No idea what they're worth, but they sound great for their small size.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Years ago, I picked up a $100 set of Creative surround sound speakers with audio card and sub for $30 at Best Buy. Open box special. Right now I'm using a small Harmon/Kardon pair of speakers that my friend gave me. No idea what they're worth, but they sound great for their small size.
      thanks i will give those 2 brands a look. best buy never crossed my mind
      visit vgruk

Comment

This is what i have

http://www.microcenter.com/product/2...Speaker_System

I'm not an audiophile so in my opinion they sound great for what they are.

Comment

I have the Logitech Z-2300 system; I love it, and I think it sounds great.

I bought it when my Logitech Z-5500 system was taken out by an electrical storm. I loved that system as well, and the 2.1 version hasn't let me down. Do note that it's not true 2.1, just stereo with a low pass filter to direct the lows to the woofer; it's not an actual LFE x.1 channel.

-- edit --

Oh wow... I didn't realize how far out of your price range that system is. I received it as a gift after the z-5500 system blew up a year after I purchased it.

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
            I have the Logitech Z-2300 system; I love it, and I think it sounds great.

I bought it when my Logitech Z-5500 system was taken out by an electrical storm. I loved that system as well, and the 2.1 version hasn't let me down. Do note that it's not true 2.1, just stereo with a low pass filter to direct the lows to the woofer; it's not an actual LFE x.1 channel.

-- edit --

Oh wow... I didn't realize how far out of your price range that system is. I received it as a gift after the z-5500 system blew up a year after I purchased it.
            yea that thing runs quite a bit i dont need nothing that fancy.
            visit vgruk

Comment

amazon had a Logitech 2.1 system for $20.

Not amazing sound but I got many a noise complaint in my dorms with them. They play all the music I listen to pretty well as well as videos with no distortion. I got them about a year and a half ago but they still might be selling them.

Comment

I have the Logitech 2.1 as well..

it comes with a really fucking good sub. Im not an audiophile but I know what a good sound system sounds like.

I had a Logitech 5.1 setup years ago and it was very very good.

Comment

I have an older Phillips MMS171W.

Speaker type: PC multimedia speaker system
                  Connectivity: Wired
                  Amplification Type: Active
                  Power output: 8.0 Watt
                  5.5 Watt

Pros
                  Has very good precision, plenty of bass, lasts forever (4 years so far), Simple construction (easy to find adapters, etc), very loud, very durable, small (can be fit in a backpack)
                  Cons
                  None so far. Has a slight amount of distortion when turned all the way up, but nothing unbearable. If it's not on carpet, it can rattle. This can be fixed by putting 1 or 2 heavy books on top of the subwoofer.
                  Resource

I don't currently use this with my computer. It's sitting on the counter top in the kitchen so that I can plug my phone into it and listen to Pandora while in the kitchen.

My setup for my computer is a: Samsung Full HD 7.1 Surround Sound System with 1000W RMS. It's hooked up to my TV and PC.
                  92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                  2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                  2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Altec Lansing has always made a good 2.1 desktop setup for about that price point, and sound great to boot.
                    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Working...
                    X