No announcement yet.

trap music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Justin there really isn't anything to get.

It's just music, don't overthink it lol.

Either you like it or you don't.

Comment

It's the new "thing" to create a sub-genre for damn near every artist out there.

Comment

Heroes x Villains-HOODRICH ANTHEM (HxV REMIX) Feat Trinidad Jame$ 2Chainz Future Waka Flocka Yo Gotti Gucci Mane - DIRTY
        https://soundcloud.com/heroesxvillai...hxv-remix-feat

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
          IMO

Hip Hop is dead for now.
          Imo hip hop isnt dead its out there. Most say it is because of music like gucci mane waka flocka chief keef and so on. But they aren't making hip hop they are making trap music. Waka flocka himself said he cant rap he makes hood music. But there is plenty of good hip hop music out there.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by TracieS View Post
            Imo hip hop isnt dead its out there. Most say it is because of music like gucci mane waka flocka chief keef and so on. But they aren't making hip hop they are making trap music. Waka flocka himself said he cant rap he makes hood music. But there is plenty of good hip hop music out there.
            you got people trying to rap that is weak as shit cause they arent 100, then you got people that are too hardcore for mainstream that just plain suck. Rap changed you got people like based god shit. lol

We were in class comparing waka and gucci, and we were like, "nah brobro waka is stupider than gucci, look at his simple lyrics"

LOLZ they are both dumb, but gucci is the ***G* maine, they sent goons to kill him and he killed them by himself? Thats HOOOD maine. "im strapped no body guard"- gucci

I aint heard one chief keef song I like tho.

Comment

wut?

Comment

Kendrick Lamar and The game both had decent CD's this year. Macklemore had a pretty nice CD too but thats definetely more hip-hop than rap. I think anyways. lol

My opinion;

People need to start buying CD's again. When it was possible for artists to sell 500,000 copies in the first week, they wanted a hot CD so they tried a lot harder to produce that.

Downloading exploded 10 years ago, hardly any quality CD's made since. Not compared to the 90's anyways. Everyone in the 90's had a nice CD that was worth buying.

Now you are lucky to get 2-3 good tracks on an entire disc-for the most part.
                Originally posted by wed3k
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Kendrick Lamar should have had album of the year but it was released late

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                    Kendrick Lamar and The game both had decent CD's this year. Macklemore had a pretty nice CD too but thats definetely more hip-hop than rap. I think anyways. lol

My opinion;

People need to start buying CD's again. When it was possible for artists to sell 500,000 copies in the first week, they wanted a hot CD so they tried a lot harder to produce that.

Downloading exploded 10 years ago, hardly any quality CD's made since. Not compared to the 90's anyways. Everyone in the 90's had a nice CD that was worth buying.

Now you are lucky to get 2-3 good tracks on an entire disc-for the most part.
                    I think that's where all these sub-genres come into play. People create a style, and create a niche around it (or tap into a relatively unknown niche). They may not have massive sales, but they'll corner a particular market.
                    I mean, Dubstep was a pretty unknown style until recently, and it can trace its roots back to the late 90s. Guys like Skrillex embraced the marketing potential of the style, exploited the style's unique attributes (wobble bass and massive bass drops seen in Skrillex's music are serious exaggerations of what you'll hear in "real" dubstep)

These days, appealing to the masses is less profitable than appealing to a crowd that wants to view themselves as elite. They'll pay more for music (and TONS of money is made by the sale of single tracks on iTunes and the like... so who needs a full album?) They'll pay more for shows (The Postal Service is coming around... pretty freakin' mainstream for what they are, but still a niche artist... and tickets at my local venue are $45 BEFORE Ticketmaster's absurd fees!)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      I think that's where all these sub-genres come into play. People create a style, and create a niche around it (or tap into a relatively unknown niche). They may not have massive sales, but they'll corner a particular market.
                      I mean, Dubstep was a pretty unknown style until recently, and it can trace its roots back to the late 90s. Guys like Skrillex embraced the marketing potential of the style, exploited the style's unique attributes (wobble bass and massive bass drops seen in Skrillex's music are serious exaggerations of what you'll hear in "real" dubstep)

These days, appealing to the masses is less profitable than appealing to a crowd that wants to view themselves as elite. They'll pay more for music (and TONS of money is made by the sale of single tracks on iTunes and the like... so who needs a full album?) They'll pay more for shows (The Postal Service is coming around... pretty freakin' mainstream for what they are, but still a niche artist... and tickets at my local venue are $45 BEFORE Ticketmaster's absurd fees!)

Very valid point on the marketing approach. Never viewed it that way. Maybe the real deal here is the niche in the market = sales, and the artists now know that.

Interesting point. You could easily argue that genres of music have always been created to cater to a niche, and that niche evolved into a category and so on.

Rock and Roll started somewhere. Metal fed off rock, alternative fed off roll and then it just spiraled from there. Just as an example, but I see your point.

First was rap, then hip hop, then R&B(maybe not in that order) but yeah, I get it. Someone does something different, creates a niche that later becomes a category and mainstream.
                      Last edited by toycar; 04-04-2013, 11:10 AM.
                      Originally posted by wed3k
                      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
                        you got people trying to rap that is weak as shit cause they arent 100, then you got people that are too hardcore for mainstream that just plain suck. Rap changed you got people like based god shit. lol

We were in class comparing waka and gucci, and we were like, "nah brobro waka is stupider than gucci, look at his simple lyrics"

LOLZ they are both dumb, but gucci is the ***G* maine, they sent goons to kill him and he killed them by himself? Thats HOOOD maine. "im strapped no body guard"- gucci

I aint heard one chief keef song I like tho.
                        Man I always fucked with Gucci the long way. I like waka music because it makes you wanna fight. Cheif keef is bitch he was crying because he had to do 3 months in juvie for a gun case.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Working...
                        X