trap music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trap music

Ill start this of, Ill just post some trap music from time to time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCnz8I4YrQo

I thought about making this thread a while back I love trap music it's like I get all my trap rap music and dubstep in one.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Hell yeah man Trap music all day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1iIGAPSHGc <----- throwback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pVLTpKTeIE <--- this one isnt trap but its mention worthy
      Last edited by 8ball; 03-09-2013, 02:21 PM.

Comment

So what exactly constitutes "trap music"

Just curious. Dub step, trap music, rap, hip hop whatever. I have listened to rap longer than the internet has been public, and I still don't really get what the deal here is?

Just saying, I can remember waiting at midnight at tower records back in 1993 for the ez e "its on dre" cd-and I def don't get what "trap music" or "dubb step" is. Honestly.

A few people tried educating me on the "dub step" topic, but the common rules (that were explained to me) are constantly broken in what other people call dub step.

So, wtf is trap music?

***Edit*** now that I have listened to all the links given here, I for sure don't get it.

Don't really care for the first song posted either.
        Last edited by toycar; 03-11-2013, 09:30 AM.
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trap_music

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubstep

A lot of misconceptions for both genres.

Comment

Originally posted by zmanwit90accord View Post
            Still don't really get it.

Dub step to me sounds like reinvented techno, and trap music just sounds like 10 year old rap. I listen to many texas rappers, never thought the texas style has become trap music.

Lol. Its all rap to me.

Reminds me of a conversation I had with this chick about emo music. She was trying to tell me its emotional music, and played a bunch of what I considered "alternative" music that generally was people being whiney about relationships. I was like,"reminds me of Dave matthews, space between or satellite" and she was like,"You are an idiot. Thats not emo, thats country"

I just stopped. I never thought Dave Matthews as country, so I KNOW I am out of the loop.
            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
              Still don't really get it.

Dub step to me sounds like reinvented techno, and trap music just sounds like 10 year old rap. I listen to many texas rappers, never thought the texas style has become trap music.

Lol. Its all rap to me.

Reminds me of a conversation I had with this chick about emo music. She was trying to tell me its emotional music, and played a bunch of what I considered "alternative" music that generally was people being whiney about relationships. I was like,"reminds me of Dave matthews, space between or satellite" and she was like,"You are an idiot. Thats not emo, thats country"

I just stopped. I never thought Dave Matthews as country, so I KNOW I am out of the loop.
              Well I guess it just depends on your own personal definition of it.

I watched a documentary about trap and like the Wikipedia article said, it originated from rap in the south like T.I. and Young Jeezy. I guess that's why back then they always said Trap Muzik or whatever.

Now with the outbreak of electronic music, trap music is a little like dubstep except I think the songs are slower and the "drops" are different.

Trap Rap:

Trap with the electronic twist in it

They're pretty much as different as they can be.

Dubstep is a whole other discussion that I won't get into since this is a trap music thread.

Hope that kind of helps. Music genres nowadays are so annoying.

edit:
              This is kind of mix between the 2:

I found it on a website that I use for EDM songs and A-Trak is an electronic music producer. Obviously the rappers change the song a lot compared to if it was just the beat with no vocals. It's labeled as trap though.
              Last edited by zmanwit90accord; 03-12-2013, 11:54 AM.

Comment

I dig the young jeezy albums.

Guess I never really paid much attention to what genre any of it was. Rap has always been rap to me.

I guess old balls missed the evoloution of genre in the rap world. Oh well. Its all good

Comment

What always complicates things is the difference between what people decide is a genre

and what the industry decides is a genre...

Lez Zeppelin is classic rock....can't REALLY argue that...

but if you wanted too, people consider it metal as well.....

why???

because in 1968 that shit was heavy for that time period....so it stuck....

but imo, and the industy, its classic rock.

But if you consider it metal, then it is to you, but just realize that doesn't make it metal lol.....Metallica is metal.

See??

Comment

That first song is just horrible.

Comment

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by TracieS View Post

Seems like club music to me.

Would lil flip, game over be considered trap music?

Still trying to wrap my head around this...

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                          Seems like club music to me.

Would lil flip, game over be considered trap music?

Still trying to wrap my head around this...
                          kinda... it was good song at the time but not trap music.

Trap music is usually about events or incidents that occur while living the street dream evading police and making fast money. thats usually trap music, plus the beat has to be there, like gorilla zoe "paper" that was trap music to me when it came out... Hell i was trappin

I kinda see why people couldnt relate or feel left out. But the music is so general in what they say that even people who dont have a clue how to gewt a free meal on the street would feel like they trappin in their BMW mommy and daddy bought them lol those people need to stick to dubstep lolz
                          Last edited by 8ball; 03-13-2013, 02:13 PM.

Comment

rap trap is like waka flocka gucci mane the rap most pepole hate. And trap music is the beat mixed with a electronic beat this video will explain all. the first video

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
                              kinda... it was good song at the time but not trap music.

Trap music is usually about events or incidents that occur while living the street dream evading police and making fast money. thats usually trap music, plus the beat has to be there, like gorilla zoe "paper" that was trap music to me when it came out... Hell i was trappin
                              this is a good example hell they in a trap house making the video lol

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Working...
                              X