No announcement yet.

When a cop rear ends you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few years ago i was in the downtown area walking and a cop came speeding down the road, got to the intersection, flipped his lights and slammed right into a passing car.Car the car was mangled and the lady was screaming.Cop pulled her out the car and arrested her. Security guards at the bank cuffed the officer because he was being combative . The lady was screaming her baby was in the car . The paramedics took the mother and the baby to the hospital but sadly the baby died because the car seat was on the side where the cruiser hit the car The cop went to court and he was suspended for 2 weeks with pay only

Comment

ferenza- WTF?! that's it? he didn't get fired?? he killed a baby because of his stupidity AND STILL GOT PAID?!?! that is BS!!!!
      1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
      1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
      1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
      1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
        A few years ago i was in the downtown area walking and a cop came speeding down the road, got to the intersection, flipped his lights and slammed right into a passing car.Car the car was mangled and the lady was screaming.Cop pulled her out the car and arrested her. Security guards at the bank cuffed the officer because he was being combative . The lady was screaming her baby was in the car . The paramedics took the mother and the baby to the hospital but sadly the baby died because the car seat was on the side where the cruiser hit the car The cop went to court and he was suspended for 2 weeks with pay only
        That sir, is fucked up.

Comment

Yes it is! Its very unfair.I even gave the poor family a statement saying i was a witness and i would testify in court about what i saw happen. A bunch of people did.There had to be at least 25 peoples names that said they will show as witness. In my school , they even had a petition going around from her niece and i even signed that.

Cops are getting out of hand in this country.Using their power for all the wrong reasons .I dont need them and when i do its usually not for me anyways

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
            The cop went to court and he was suspended for 2 weeks with pay only
            Serious question - How did you know what happened to the cop and what charges he got?
            You said "I even gave the poor family a statement saying i was a witness and i would testify in court about what i saw happen."

That statement implies you offered, but didn't go.
            So did you actually go to court?

Also to add to this discussion . . .
            EVERY thread I read on this forum about Police in America insinuates that cops are corrupt/against the public/out to cause trouble . . .

Just putting it out there . . . Because I find it hard, that No-one ever has anything good to say about American Police.

The ONLY threads I remember that would suggest some form of thanks are the ones "My car was stolen, now it's been recovered!!!" . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
              Serious question - How did you know what happened to the cop and what charges he got?
              You said "I even gave the poor family a statement saying i was a witness and i would testify in court about what i saw happen."

That statement implies you offered, but didn't go.
              So did you actually go to court?

The womans niece went to school with me .I had shared a gym class with her and thats when she had people sign the petition to get the cop locked up. I asked her what was goin on.

I never went because they never called me.Nothing ever happenedI would have went in a heartbeat needed me

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post

Also to add to this discussion . . .
                EVERY thread I read on this forum about Police in America insinuates that cops are corrupt/against the public/out to cause trouble . . .

Just putting it out there . . . Because I find it hard, that No-one ever has anything good to say about American Police.

The ONLY threads I remember that would suggest some form of thanks are the ones "My car was stolen, now it's been recovered!!!" . . .
                That is only because the main reason for being on this forum, is modding cars.

Modded cars in most places catches eyes, and to be completely honest, some of the time are up to no good.

Oh gawsh he didn't just say that.....yes I did.

It was just on the news that street racers are closing off route 1/9 in Newark NJ by the airport.

Its illegal and dangerous and someone is going to get killed.

So most of the people on here drive modded Honda's, which attracts attention. Most of the time they post on here because they were probably driving around late at night or speeding or whatever.

Now pair that with the fact that a lot of people here are YOUNG. Like 25 and younger...

so they are also immature and just look at police as pains in the ass, as opposed to fathers/brothers/uncles etc that are just out doing a job.

So they come on here and point fingers when in reality they should be blaming themselves.

Once in a while someone is profiled or harrased, like the guy on the motorcycle or Deev with his crazed off duty cop.

They are not all good, but the majority are.

I could go find you hundreds of articles about cops saving lives across America and doing heroic things, but Colin I know your quite capable of browsing the net, so I won't.

Basically it's just ignorance and immaturity on here, that is all.

Comment

This PO in vid makes me so mad. Not all POs are like this one.

Poor bike rider.
                  A&P-IA

Comment

^this

tho the cop was obviously in the wrong. he came out angry and cussing threatening a ton of tickets, so the biker would be scared into choosing 'get out of there' over court/tickets etc.

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

Agreed. A few asshole cops don't represent all of them. Additionally, a number of "I hate cops" comments are about cops that are properly addressing a legitimate offense.

We have a lot of freedom in the US. Canada is quite similar. When some stranger in a uniform decides to tell us we can't do something, we get upset.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        We have a lot of freedom in the US. When some stranger in a uniform decides to tell us we can't do something, we get upset.
                        . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Bottom line... the cop is 100% at fault. Especially in the state they are located. If you rear end someone, it is your fault not the person that you hit.

All I have to say... everyone should fight against an injustice. I was speeding 10MPH over the limit and was pulled over (this was a long time ago, I was 19 and driving a prelude). As soon as he comes to my window, the officer asked me to step out and sat me on the curb. He searched my entire trunk and car and left EVERYTHING on the ground on the side of the road (they didn't find anything illegal, nor was there anything to find). He then tried to handcuff me and tell me that I had to tell him where I was going and who I was. I told him my name, but would not give any more information (I know my rights). The officer threatened to mace me, but another officer pulled up behind him and the situation disolved. I was written for a ticket for speeding, illegal lane change (which the officer yelled at me on his PA to do), and obstructing justice.

The dash cam and my passenger helped me get these charges off my record. And the officer lost his job for threatening a citizen with no reason. Always fight for your rights, it is worth it.

Comment

Working...
                          X