MIght get flamed for this but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    They're replacing the G with a Q? That's weird. That's like Benz replacing the C class with the S class! The Q used to be the top of the line Infiniti, until it died of boredom, and the M stepped up (the M is really just a gussied up fatter G with a V8 option...)

And since when is Infiniti in bed with Benz? That's a new one to me! Interesting.

The idea sounds kinda cool... but if they're calling it Q50, and it's not going to have a 5.0L, then it's going against Infiniti naming schemes since the start... and if they're replacing an otherwise successful and respected model with an inferior model performance-wise... they're shooting themselves in the foot!
    I'd like to see this car as a new low-end model. Let this new thing be like Infiniti's TSX, the G can remain like Infinti's TL, and the M can remain as the RL (similarly forgotten... )
    Pretty sure the naming thing is just because they want to drop the engine size from the name... They are going to be downsizing to smaller engines..

They pretty much will need to downsize with future emissions/fuel economy standards..

Comment

And since when is Infiniti in bed with Benz? That's a new one to me! Interesting.
      The sport suspension as well as the subframe of all G series are Mercedes-Benz handmedowns.
      '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
      If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

if i had a choice (and monies) i think i would get an audi over an infiniti. the G35 looks too wide, im only 5' 9" i would look funny in one i think.

i always see hella clean Evo's with old people driving them.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
        It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

At our dealer we have a 17 yr old kid with a 2012 Evo GSR that mommy and daddy paid for, all while the kid works and mods the hell out of the car and autoX's and street races it.

The Evo is a fun car.300hp is fun. AWD is fun. Turbo is fun. But, I think it's the Recaro seats in it that put me off so bad. I'm not a big dude by any means. 5'10, 190, and I squeeze into an Evo and feel circulation cut off to my legs from the seats.

I'd actually just get a Lancer Ralliart. Nicer than a Lancer GT, still turbo and AWD, but not quite as extreme as an Evo.

Comment

I never really understood the Ralliart. It's nearly Evo money for less car.

Regardless, sparkle isn't deciding between buying an Evo and buying a G37... he's had the Evo for years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
              The sport suspension as well as the subframe of all G series are Mercedes-Benz handmedowns.
              I can't find anything showing an Infiniti/Benz relationship online... and the only engines I see predicted for the Q50 are Nissan V6s.
              The current G platform is based on the Z platform... so if there's Benz in the G, there's Benz in the Z... and I have a feeling Nissan wouldn't use a borrowed handmedown platform for one of their most revered lines. The Z is an unbroken line many decades old.

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
              if i had a choice (and monies) i think i would get an audi over an infiniti. the G35 looks too wide, im only 5' 9" i would look funny in one i think.

i always see hella clean Evo's with old people driving them.
              I like Audi, but I still view many of them as FWD cars with an extra AWD addition. Transverse-mounted engines pushed way up front to make for very nose-heavy cars. Bleh. Then again, the Evo is a FWD-based transverse mounted setup too.

Comment

I can't find anything showing an Infiniti/Benz relationship online... and the only engines I see predicted for the Q50 are Nissan V6s.
                The current G platform is based on the Z platform... so if there's Benz in the G, there's Benz in the Z... and I have a feeling Nissan wouldn't use a borrowed handmedown platform for one of their most revered lines. The Z is an unbroken line many decades old.

I like Audi, but I still view many of them as FWD cars with an extra AWD addition. Transverse-mounted engines pushed way up front to make for very nose-heavy cars. Bleh. Then again, the Evo is a FWD-based transverse mounted setup too.
                Evo lost its glamour after the evo x came out. No more 4g63, no more care.
                Originally posted by wed3k
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Infiniti Q50 Will Get Mercedes-Benz Turbocharged Four

Actually it seems I mispoke, it's the Q40 that got the handmedowns.
                  '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                  If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                    stay away from the 6speeds, the trannys like to stay in reverse factory recall
                    also the 7speed autos are thenths of seconds slower

they all bring the same engine, the S has different suspension, brakes, wheels, kit but the engine stays the same

the 10th anniversary brings different wheels, red interior on 4doors, lips, interior

the IPL is the only one that has higher hp, due to cat backs and a tune, different bumpers and sides, ipl badges, red interior etc.

all infiniti dashes tend to crack eventually, door strikers make noise, front brakes tend to vibrate due to a shitty dust shield, steering column make noise, differentials dont like old fluid, broken lower BJ cant be changed the whole knuckle has to be changed (fully aluminum $1000)
                    ps high psi hoses tend to leak, cam sensors tend to leak, etc

and 91+ oct required, they ping like crazy on oct
                    In other words, dont do it.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

I know its crazy but thanks for the interesting things I did and did not know about the g37 I never knew that there wasnt that much space in it. I never sat in the lexus ISF for a long time.

The only issue I have with the issue is for riding for long periods of time its definitely not for the timid. It can potentially mess up your back if your not careful. Then again it wasnt meant for comfort. It handles so well though in the snow it was great it does the job but im getting older along with 2 kids aiiieeee lol

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                        Evo lost its glamour after the evo x came out. No more 4g63, no more care.
                        Agreed. Even though the Evo X is a great car, and possibly the best looking Evo yet... and the engine is amazing... the magic is in the 4G63. It's much like the RX-8 with the non-turbo rotary. The car can be great, but mess with an engine that people love, and fans are going to drop like flies.
                        I dread the day when the Corvette gets anything but a small block V8. In other words, I dread the day the Corvette dies (and I'm not even a Corvette fan... it's just something that always was, and should always be.)

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                        I know its crazy but thanks for the interesting things I did and did not know about the g37 I never knew that there wasnt that much space in it. I never sat in the lexus ISF for a long time.

The only issue I have with the issue is for riding for long periods of time its definitely not for the timid. It can potentially mess up your back if your not careful. Then again it wasnt meant for comfort. It handles so well though in the snow it was great it does the job but im getting older along with 2 kids aiiieeee lol
                        When the hell did you have two kids?!?

The G37 isn't a terrible choice for a "sensible" performance car

Comment

The new evo's are ugly as sin.

02 Crv
                          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                          Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I like them. Then again, I think this is the first Lancer that doesn't look like a cheap shit car. The older Evos look good, but they're still based on the cheapie-looking Lancers.

Comment

Working...
                            X