X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic NSX?!?!?!

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=4&Log=0

WTF.

Did they really make these or did someone convert this shit lol.

Why would they make an automatic!?!?!?

The nerve of them to make this auto!!!!!! The nerve I say!!!!!
    I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
    Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My coupe!!!
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
    Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Yes, they came from the factory with an auto.
      Remember this car was designed as an everyday sports car.
      Some people, like me, cant drive stick that well.

Comment

Ya I mean that is true, but It's just weird.

Comment

The different times I've looked at them most of them have been automatic. I don't have production numbers but it has certainly seemed that way. At least they underpowered the automatics.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
            The different times I've looked at them most of them have been automatic. I don't have production numbers but it has certainly seemed that way. At least they underpowered the automatics.
            Really?

I just looked at 8 within 500 miles of my zip and all but that one were manual.

Comment

I've seen a number of automatics as well. A shame, for sure. I'm sure the transmissions are quality units, carefully geared to make the best of the engine... but still. Older automatic transmission designs aren't anything like today's autos, and the NSX's V6, while potent, must certainly lose quite a bit to the automatic transmission.

They make automatic Miatas as well... that bugs me almost as much!

Comment

767 autos were sold in the US, 8182 manuals. I believe the auto redlined at 7500rpms vs 8000 of the manual also.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  I've seen a number of automatics as well. A shame, for sure. I'm sure the transmissions are quality units, carefully geared to make the best of the engine... but still. Older automatic transmission designs aren't anything like today's autos, and the NSX's V6, while potent, must certainly lose quite a bit to the automatic transmission.

They make automatic Miatas as well... that bugs me almost as much!
                  Ya a shame for sure.

I agree, it must lose a little bit to that auto.

There are just certain cars that were built to be driven manually.

Your standard civic, while some people would only buy a standard, is no big deal driven in automatic.

An NSX/S2k, really can't be much fun in auto.

Comment

Fortunately, I don't think the S2K ever came in auto. That would be offensive.

Comment

That's reassuring. What isn't reassuring is the price tag. I just don't think I could justify spending that much money on a car that old. It looks amazing but that's not everything. I think they've held their value pretty well because the mileage has been kept pretty low and maintenance has been kept up with. After a little while, though, some things are going to creep up due to age. I wonder where the value on these things goes when window seals start rotting and the leather starts splitting.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I could.

The people who spend 120k on a car, I can't understand.

But I could easily spend 25k on a clean NSX.

Idc that it's aging.

Most likely it has been well maintained so things like window seals/ leather splitting can be corrected/replaced.

Motor wise, even one with 120k miles that has been meticulously maintained, is worth the money, because even in it's aged condition, if it was cared for, you can stomp on it from day one with literally no fears. After all, it's a Honda motor.

I could see dumping money into an older NSX the same as dumping money into a cb7.

They are classic examples of engineering and design at it's best. Well worth it imo.

Comment

I think the older ones are already experiencing rotting rubber and cracking leather.

They hold up well, but the oldest NSXs are older than some of the CB7s on this forum! Better maintained, surely... but that's not everything.

Still, the later model NSX (with the C32) was about as fast in the quarter mile as my CTS-V is, with nearly half the displacement, 2 fewer cylinders, and a power deficit of more than 100hp. Granted, the NSX also weighed 600-800lbs less than my CTS-V as well...
                          But even though sub-300hp horsepower ratings are pretty sad by today's standards, the NSX's straight line speed is still on par with some very respectable cars. In addition, it turns!

The styling is still dated, but it has the same appeal as older Ferraris and Lamborghinis. You can roll up in a Countach and everyone will know you're driving an 80s car... and everyone will still think it's awesome.

10 years ago, I expected the NSX's price to have dropped to the $10,000 level by now. I had hoped to have one in my driveway. An older model. A toy. A restoration project that can also be a daily driver. But they REALLY held their value! I think they're actually MORE expensive now than they were 10 years ago!

Comment

That's true.

And I believe they are more expensive now then 10 years ago.

Average price seems to be 35k.

LOL

Comment

I can still find some high mileage older models for 15k or so... I considered it when shopping for a CTS-V in the same price range. Decided against it for 2 reasons. First was the same as Jarrett's concern... spending so much on an old car (unless it's a restoration project, that's a LOT to spend on a driver!). Also, I wanted a car that would be appreciated by people who didn't know or care about cars... and a Cadillac does that quite well! Until they ride in it...

Comment

Working...
                              X