Thoughts of new project....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts of new project....

I think the time has come to rid myself of my project accord, i just feel my project should be something i've always loved, not that i dislike the cb chassis it is my favorite honda chassis. I am looking at a 86 gt (Fox) with a 306, bolt on's, but needs a transmission the price is right as well. I just can't make myself happy with the cb i've always got to change the plans over and over and over mostly performance wise.

Anyway i'm not trying to get anyone to talk me out of it, more or less i'm just bored. Who know's my luck with this CB in the past it won't go a damn place and continue to take up space ha, then i'll have two project's.

If i get the fox it will be pro touring style nothing fancy. I was brought up around them and i've owned one fox an 88LX, but it's a dream project more or less that is obtainable.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

dont want to put a LS in it? or a built 351w or 408 making 500hp would suffice. my buddy has a 90 thunderturd supercoupe and it lays down 381/450 but i hate the body style.

i told him to put the motor in a notchback mustang and id be interested but id like to build the car for dual purpose. i like going around corners (grip not drift)
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I'd probably stick with the 302 (Currently a 306 woooo) they're very capable engines. He says it's stout and couldn't get it to hook and really has no clue what's done to the engine. At $700 obo and me dealing with him numerous times im confident in buying it.

02 Crv
      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.

Comment

yea but even for 700 bucks i couldnt stand a GT. LX or notchback for me.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I don't mind the pre-87 gt, but I would much rather have a notchback myself. Sounds like a good deal. Now, what all do you know about this engine? Is it a pre87 block? I'm not much on 5.0L from before 87. Definitely has potential though!
          92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
          2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
          2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Pics?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

It's a notch, 86 was a FI year, carb would be fine anyway all 5.0's really had shit heads even the "GT 40's" can only handle a mild'ish cam.

We will see i've got to finish up my yota first.

02 Crv

Comment

I used to own/race a darton sleeved 351w notch. It was in a fairly rare 87 t-top GT fox.

Gorgeous, awesome, super fun cars.

Only things I hated about it;

-Interior fucking blows. WTF was ford thinking? I felt like the dash/buttons and shit were designed by a 5yr old. Terrible design.
                -Countless electrical headaches. Jeebus, Ford sucked at electrical. I completely reworked the electrical system with an aftermarket kit dealing with all the improperly gauged wiring and grounding issues.
                -Replacing tires all the time. Hehehhe, well, that was probably my fault.

Do it man, do it.

You won't.........
                Originally posted by wed3k
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I've done owned a 88LX that was an original 2.3 car converted to a carbed 302. I've gotta wait and see i ain't got room for two.

02 Crv

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                    I've done owned a 88LX that was an original 2.3 car converted to a carbed 302. I've gotta wait and see i ain't got room for two.
                    No room for two?

Where you park the beard when its not in use then? No way thats a daily driver.

Lol
                    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

HAHA..... two project's.

02 Crv

Comment

I don't see the draw to the fox, personally. I guess I saw far too many beaters in my day. When I was just started out with Hondas, all the other local tuners were into the old fox bodies. They were fast. They were ugly. They broke all the time. They couldn't turn.
                        Perhaps comparing the projects of cheap-ass highschool kids to a serious adult project is unfair, though. If you actually want to make something of it, I'm sure it'd be impressive.

If I were to take on a real project (something I don't have the time, space, or energy to do) I think I'd pick up an older Jaguar (80s, early 90s), fully rewire it, and drop in an LSx. Get custom front springs and shocks (the LSx is lighter than the mill Jag used), then just restore the rest of the car back to showroom glory.
                        My goal would be to have a car that runs sub-13 second quarter mile passes while remaining as luxurious as the factory intended.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          My goal would be to have a car that runs sub-13 second quarter mile passes while remaining as luxurious as the factory intended.
                          isnt this why you bought the Caddie?

Comment

Pretty much. But it's actually FAR from being refined and luxurious! A Jag, even an old one, is a much more posh experience. I like the CTS-V for what it is, but something in me is drawn to a nice floaty-boaty Jaguar that hauls ass when you mash the gas. I'd keep it automatic, too.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              I'd keep it automatic, too.
                              Now that''s crazy talk.

Comment

Working...
                              X