X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll: XXR 962, or Enkei EV5

What do you guys think and why?

Car the wheels are for is cd5 accord.

17x7 with 205/45/r17 will be wheel/tire size.

Grey Enkei EV5

Grey xxr 962

Bronze EV5
    XXR 962
    11.54%
    Enkei EV5
    88.46%
    Last edited by toycar; 02-04-2013, 11:01 AM.
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Pics would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
      Pics would be nice.
      OK.

I'll get right on that. They are very similar.
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

The designs are fairly similar. The Enkeis look like a more substantial wheel. Plus, I despise XXR for being a cheap-crap company that all the trendy kiddies latched onto because they make lots of wheels that don't fit properly (and therefore, fit in with the current idiotic "stanced" trend.)

Comment

Agree with you Deeve on the xxr crappy issues and ridiculous trends they are responsible for. I don't care for a stanced FWD car at all. I think its damn silly actually.

I was going to go 17x7 +38 either way. Nothing crazy on anything I drive.

Comment

I'd go with the Enkeis in that case. They look very similar, and Enkei is well respected. They make our OEM alloys, in fact. If you're not interested in playing into the current dying trend, then there's no good reason to associate yourself with it by running XXRs... even if they fit properly!

I hate to admit that I do like some of XXR's designs, though. I don't know if they're all knockoffs of other more expensive brands, or if they actually design their own now...
            I actually like the thin spokes and seemingly flatter face of the XXR. But I'd still go with the Enkeis, or another brand that looks just like the XXR that isn't XXR.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              I'd go with the Enkeis in that case. They look very similar, and Enkei is well respected. They make our OEM alloys, in fact. If you're not interested in playing into the current dying trend, then there's no good reason to associate yourself with it by running XXRs... even if they fit properly!

I hate to admit that I do like some of XXR's designs, though. I don't know if they're all knockoffs of other more expensive brands, or if they actually design their own now...
              I actually like the thin spokes and seemingly flatter face of the XXR. But I'd still go with the Enkeis, or another brand that looks just like the XXR that isn't XXR.

Lol

The flatter face and even size of the spoke is what draws me to the xxr design. I like the lip on either rim. XXR looks cleaner in my opinion from the flat faced spoke and even thickness.

But, the Enkei has a higher quality look to it. Even if I prefer one design over the other, the quality that the Enkei brings seems nicer.

I don't want to buy anything that needs chamber or moar low to look acceptable.

lol

Comment

XXRs. Personally I like the really flat design and it looks cleaner.

That style of Enkie where the spoke pops out is what I don’t like. It pokes the spoke out to the lip.

The cost of the XXR is also more affordable. Spend the money you saved on tires because that’s where the real importance is at. There is many many people running XXRs and I haven’t heard of any failures of any type as long as the proper lug nuts are used. They might be cheaper but they will roll just like a $1000 set of wheels.

And Enkies are every bit if not more popular than XXRs.

Don’t let what the idiot ricers do turn you away from what you like. If your going to do that just sell your CB and get something different. You already have to fight the bad reputation. Shake your head and go on. My two cents.

Comment

I like 2nd pic only because the spoles are more flat looking.
                  **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                  Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                  Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                    XXRs. Personally I like the really flat design and it looks cleaner.

That style of Enkie where the spoke pops out is what I don’t like. It pokes the spoke out to the lip.

The cost of the XXR is also more affordable. Spend the money you saved on tires because that’s where the real importance is at. There is many many people running XXRs and I haven’t heard of any failures of any type as long as the proper lug nuts are used. They might be cheaper but they will roll just like a $1000 set of wheels.

And Enkies are every bit if not more popular than XXRs.

Don’t let what the idiot ricers do turn you away from what you like. If your going to do that just sell your CB and get something different. You already have to fight the bad reputation. Shake your head and go on. My two cents.

Could care less about ricers.

Lol. No ricers in my scene.

As far as the spoke sticking out, I kind of agree. Not sure its the traditional sticking out that I have grown to know as an enkei product. Like an ITR rim for example. These don't stick out like those do. The XXR's actually aren't much different in price. I can get the Enkei's delivered to my door for $1100 mounted and balanced with 205/45/R17 Kumho ecsta tires.

The wheel/tire combo will be for daily use, April-September. No need for serious tread in my opinion.

I think the Enkeis were $158/rim and the xxr were around $135. No biggy in price difference.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                      The flatter face and even size of the spoke is what draws me to the xxr design. I like the lip on either rim. XXR looks cleaner in my opinion from the flat faced spoke and even thickness.
                      This are my thoughts as well, actually. I prefer the way the XXR meets with the outer rim, how it's flat compared to the "protruded" look of the Enkeis. I don't care for the chamfering on the lug-nuts on the XXR though.

That said, from the comments it sounds like the Enkeis are the better wheels. That would be my determining factor.

Depending on the paint job, the bronze could look fantastic. I plan on detailing my engine bay with bronze on black and brushed metal accents; inspired by one of my water bottles of all things.

Comment

Ive had a few sets of enkies..including the ev5 in gold on my cb. I liked them untill the clear coat started peeling, or the stainless corroded.
                        Last edited by cincy90h22; 02-04-2013, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post
                          Ive had a few sets of enkies..including the ev5 in gold on my cb. I liked them untill the clear coat started peeling, or the stainless corroded.
                          Well now thats not very cool is it.

How long did it take for that to happen? Is this common w/enkei rims?

For anyone curious, the car is Eucalyptus green pearl metallic. XXR offers a gold rim in the 962 I was flirting with, but solely because of how it would look with the color of the car. This is the color not my pic though.

I generally don't like gold on anything, but I do think it looks OK with certain colors of cars.

Last edited by toycar; 02-04-2013, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Both sets of enkies ive owned I have had issues with the finish, after about 2 years or so

Comment

I actually have a set of Enkeis in my basement (RS6 I think?) that belong to my friend. The clear is messed up and the aluminum is oxidizing. As much as I'd prefer to defend the brand, I'd have to agree with what's being said here.

Also, I believe most cast Enkeis are made by a 3rd party, or at least an Enkei plant located outside of Japan. Only their forged wheels, and perhaps their higher-end cast wheels, are made in Japan. Not that it matters to most, but it matters to me.

I REALLY hate to admit it, but I'm now leaning toward the XXR look as well. I don't care for the polished lip on any wheel, personally... but it is a nice looking wheel. The gold would look good on the green car, for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X