Corvette c7 - Stingray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post

I like how the passengers climate control is located on their vent. Its truly their control.
    I like how the interior is like the supra cockpit so the passenger can't fiddle with the radio

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    I like the black/brown interior better than the crazy red one.
    Same, it looks a lot nicer imo

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
    THESE.

I made a statement about this on facebook and didn't feel like getting into it there, so I'll do it here. Lol. When the viper was revealed everyone said they ripped off ferrari. I think both dodge AND chevy were looking to ferrari for cues. They just both happen to design, essentially, the same car. Dodge just beat chevy to the punch so now it looks like chevy ripped off dodge.

I, however, think the corvette looks like an elise in the rear quarters.

This also isn't the first time this has happened and it definitely won't be the last. Companies have shared designs and some makers have made similar looking cars purely in accident. Look at the new accords and any new Lexus. They're gonna start looking alike. So what.

Personally, I'm glad the viper is back. I'm a bigger fan of the Vette, from a GM standpoint, but I really do think the viper is/will be a better car.

But the viper came out first...

Like I said, I think both maker designers snagged cues from ferrari. The fact that they both look a LOT alike, is just coincidence. Perhaps a sign that either both companies have great designers or ferrari's cues and design is THAT great.
    Yeah, they both look similar to a ferrari 599, but how many other cars look similar too? The new vette looks similar to a gt-r from the side kind of

Last edited by Amiss; 01-14-2013, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiss View Post
      Anyone just watch the live stream of the reveal?
      you mean this?

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I like the black/brown interior better than the crazy red one.
        Same, it looks a lot nicer imo
        I agree. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Comment

I haven't seen that shot before! Yeah, I definitely like that. Peanut butter colored leather looks classy, and with it just on the seats and other accent pieces, it's not too much.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
            THESE.

I made a statement about this on facebook and didn't feel like getting into it there, so I'll do it here. Lol. When the viper was revealed everyone said they ripped off ferrari. I think both dodge AND chevy were looking to ferrari for cues. They just both happen to design, essentially, the same car. Dodge just beat chevy to the punch so now it looks like chevy ripped off dodge.

I, however, think the corvette looks like an elise in the rear quarters.

This also isn't the first time this has happened and it definitely won't be the last. Companies have shared designs and some makers have made similar looking cars purely in accident. Look at the new accords and any new Lexus. They're gonna start looking alike. So what.

Personally, I'm glad the viper is back. I'm a bigger fan of the Vette, from a GM standpoint, but I really do think the viper is/will be a better car.

But the viper came out first...

Like I said, I think both maker designers snagged cues from ferrari. The fact that they both look a LOT alike, is just coincidence. Perhaps a sign that either both companies have great designers or ferrari's cues and design is THAT great.
            You're correct in that both makers are obviously looking at Ferrari (and other exotics) for design cues. That's always been the case, and both Chevy and Dodge are trying to make this current model of their top sports cars something that people consider in the same realm as exotic sports cars... not knuckle-dragging American drag sleds.

And yes, the new Viper came out before the C7 Vette... but I didn't say C7 cues. I said Corvette cues. I see some exaggerated C6 in that Viper.

We shall see which car is better. The Viper will cost WAY more than the base Vette, so that's almost an unfair comparison. Past Vipers have cost considerably more than Corvettes, and they weren't really better cars. In fact, the older Vipers weren't much more than a fantastic engine stuffed into a really crappy phallus on wheels!

All automakers steal design cues, or at least share designs that are clearly popular in the market.
            The original Lexus LS400 was a blatant rip off of Benz... to the point where Toyota practically said so. Lexus also kicked off their company with a HUGE jump start towards the luxury class because of it. Unlike Hyundai, who has been trying to raise their reputation from cheapo shitbox maker to legit luxury cars.
            The Accord Crosstour was a blatant copy of the BMW Gran Turismo (I read somewhere in a magazine, I think Car and Driver, that Honda actually DID admit to this publicly.)

Comment

Ya I like it, im ok with it being called a Stingray. Its badass. Can't always hold these cars up to yesteryear. The cars from then are classics, but that's it. They define who the car companies are today, but not the direction their going.

Much better in brown, but imo, that's too dark to be considered peanut butter.
              The interior is really nice. I think they should have worked in the Corvette monogram on the passenger side....that's always been a staple...or at least stitched in Stingray.

Comment

I'll admit it's the best looking Corvette I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure I had dreams about it last night (probably because half my Twitter followers are in Detroit and were talking about it just before I went to sleep).

I've never been a fan of American muscle, or American cars in general but I could definitely see myself driving one of these.

Comment

finally GM focused on the interior, it looks nice but i have never really been a corvette fan. if they are calling this the "stingray" where are the side exhaust? didnt the stingrays come with side exhaust?
                  FRIENDS
                  DONT LET
                  FRIENDS
                  ROLL ON
                  ROTA'S

Comment

The stingray name was based more on the bulging front end than anything else, though... and this car does have some style references to the original.

The interior is definitely nicer looking than previous Corvettes.
                    There was a time when American performance cars needed nothing more than a powerful engine. Suspension, interior materials, body panel fitment... unimportant.
                    Now, people demand the whole package. Nobody cares if your car makes 700 horsepower when the rest of the car is built like crap!

Really, there is nothing else like the Corvette. Even at $50,000 (which is what most people are expecting the price to be), the Corvette offers a level of performance that's considerably different from anything else in that price range. Price-wise, the nearest premium performance competitors would be the M3, C63 AMG, RS4/5, and the IS-F. All of those cars fit a certain style, though... and one that the Corvette doesn't fit at all.
                    The only cars that really come close to approaching the Corvette in terms of performance AND style (I don't mean "stylish", just the design type) are all well over $100,000.

It may not be up to $100,000 specs, but in comparison to $100,000+ exotics, the Corvette offers far more than 50% of the style and performance for less than 50% of the price! THAT is the magic of the Corvette, and I feel it is captured quite well in this new edition.

Comment

This is quite possibly the first corvette I like 100%, inside and out...can I haz one????...Please?..LOL

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                      1992 Accord EX Coupe
                      My FS Thread
                      Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

The stingray name was based more on the bulging front end than anything else, though... and this car does have some style references to the original.

The interior is definitely nicer looking than previous Corvettes.
                        There was a time when American performance cars needed nothing more than a powerful engine. Suspension, interior materials, body panel fitment... unimportant.
                        Now, people demand the whole package. Nobody cares if your car makes 700 horsepower when the rest of the car is built like crap!.
                        thats when all domestic auto makers made the car for stright line purposes, until like 2009 or so. the only thing the american "muscle" cared for was quarter mile time and nothing else. i personally could care less how fast i can go straight because anyone can drive straight lol

Really, there is nothing else like the Corvette. Even at $50,000 (which is what most people are expecting the price to be), the Corvette offers a level of performance that's considerably different from anything else in that price range. Price-wise, the nearest premium performance competitors would be the M3, C63 AMG, RS4/5, and the IS-F. All of those cars fit a certain style, though... and one that the Corvette doesn't fit at all.
                        The only cars that really come close to approaching the Corvette in terms of performance AND style (I don't mean "stylish", just the design type) are all well over $100,000.

It may not be up to $100,000 specs, but in comparison to $100,000+ exotics, the Corvette offers far more than 50% of the style and performance for less than 50% of the price! THAT is the magic of the Corvette, and I feel it is captured quite well in this new edition.
                        the C6 was slopping on the track (circuit) and quick in the straights. the corvette is a true example of the american "muscle" car. Hopefully this car will be a well performance car all around.

ford finally caught up to the times with the mustang around 2009 (or when ever the redesigned mustang was from the 2004 "retro") with their cars. hopefully that'll catch on with the rest of the "big 3" and thier sports/muscle cars
                        FRIENDS
                        DONT LET
                        FRIENDS
                        ROLL ON
                        ROTA'S

Comment

Always been a Corvette fan, and when I saw this my jaw dropped.

Stunning in every way. I am in love.

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                            Viper called, they want their front fascia and headlights back.
                            Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                            Double bubble roof, bubble hood, center intake, headlight shape, widemouth bass fascia.
                            Not sure what the crusade is here, but the reality is that the Viper ripped off some pretty blatant cues. This thread is about the Corvette though, and not the Viper.

Which, oh by the way, I would take a Vette any day of the week and twice on Sunday over a Viper.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Anyone just watch the live stream of the reveal?

I really like it, looks nice. But I don't know how I feel about them using the stingray name again

Overall, I love it.

Not sure if the tail lights will grow on me or not, but the one part that I kind of don't like is the 4 exhaust outlet block under the license plate. The way it works here just doesn't seem as well integrated as it was on the C5/C6. Maybe it is because the rear end is already so blocky, not sure why, but it seems like maybe 2 outlets would have worked better. Not a huge deal though, because it sort of goes away with dark colors, such as the gray prototype shown at the show.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhorn7 View Post
                                Looks like a Viper and a Camaro had a sexy baby
                                This.
                                1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
                                For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Working...
                                X