Corvette c7 - Stingray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corvette c7 - Stingray

Anyone just watch the live stream of the reveal?

I really like it, looks nice. But I don't know how I feel about them using the stingray name again

I like it, though I think they went a bit overboard with the whole stingray thing. Stingray shaped steering wheel insert, stingray badges... bleh.

Overall, though, I like this evolution of the Corvette. It looks much more on-par with the rest of the serious sports coupes out there. Not a single panel on it looks cheap in these pictures (unlike the C5... that rear bumper looked like some cheap bodykit kids throw on mom's hand-me-down Corolla!)
    It still has a Corvette feel to it, but it's taken the look into today's modern age. It fits in with sports cars that cost far more, which is great.

Comment

Viper called, they want their front fascia and headlights back.
      '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

I really like every aspect of the car minus the name. Red with black wheels looks great on this car. The rear end is simply awesome. It has a Transformers look to it.

Really the makers of the new Vette can’t help it if the Dodge Viper style headlights are "in". They would be stupid to make something that isn’t "in" and that people don’t like.

Plus if you look at the overall size of the Vette headlights vs. the Vipers you will see that the Vette headlights are considerably larger.

All the lines and curves in the hood kind of resemble a stealth fighter.

I would really like to see the interior.

Comment

Yeah, I think they went a little overboard on the stingray thing. It's the first corvette I've really liked the style of since the original stingray times, but I don't think it's nice enough to be called the stingray again.
          Left is new interior compared to the old interior

Comment

I'd buy a few!
            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

^^^

Originally posted by Amiss View Post
              Yeah, I think they went a little overboard on the stingray thing. It's the first corvette I've really liked the style of since the original stingray times, but I don't think it's nice enough to be called the stingray again.
              Left is new interior compared to the old interior
              Its the first Vette Ive ever really taken a liking to also. Id give the car a 10/10 overall. That interior is perfect.

Comment

Double bubble roof, bubble hood, center intake, headlight shape, widemouth bass fascia.
                '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Looks like a Viper and a Camaro had a sexy baby
                  -Will

Comment

It does resemble the Viper in a few ways. But it shouldn’t be discredited it for the fact.

I don’t see it becoming a lawsuit like what happened with Harley & Honda. If Dodge is fine with it then so am I.

Comment

I agree. If anything, I think the new Viper shows Corvette cues...

Comment

I like how the passengers climate control is located on their vent. Its truly their control.

Comment

I like the black/brown interior better than the crazy red one.

Comment

it's an outrageous sportscar, the crazy red fits, IMO.

i'm not seeing any stingray badges anywhere though, am i missing them in the renderings?

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                              Viper called, they want their front fascia and headlights back.
                              Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                              Double bubble roof, bubble hood, center intake, headlight shape, widemouth bass fascia.
                              THESE.

I made a statement about this on facebook and didn't feel like getting into it there, so I'll do it here. Lol. When the viper was revealed everyone said they ripped off ferrari. I think both dodge AND chevy were looking to ferrari for cues. They just both happen to design, essentially, the same car. Dodge just beat chevy to the punch so now it looks like chevy ripped off dodge.

I, however, think the corvette looks like an elise in the rear quarters.

This also isn't the first time this has happened and it definitely won't be the last. Companies have shared designs and some makers have made similar looking cars purely in accident. Look at the new accords and any new Lexus. They're gonna start looking alike. So what.

Personally, I'm glad the viper is back. I'm a bigger fan of the Vette, from a GM standpoint, but I really do think the viper is/will be a better car.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              I agree. If anything, I think the new Viper shows Corvette cues...
                              But the viper came out first...

Like I said, I think both maker designers snagged cues from ferrari. The fact that they both look a LOT alike, is just coincidence. Perhaps a sign that either both companies have great designers or ferrari's cues and design is THAT great.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                              Originally posted by Jarrett
                              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                              X