On the side of the road again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
    Fuck that. I wouldn't leave my car on the road. Most likely it'll be gone when you come back. And if the cops tow it, the $$$ will be double what you'll spend to tow it where you want it, when you want.
    I never really said the side of the road, i was a parking lot

Regardless i don't know about your state but in my state you can leave a car on the side of the road safely for up to 24 hours

I left my civic on the side of the highway for 4 days when it broke down. Passed it every day going to and from work

Comment

All got done yesterday. Finished at about 1130 and started around three.. Got 75% of the hoses done and the tbelt/balance belts done and water pump..

Only thing is my car bites...

Popped one of the water pump bolts lose and ended up smashing my finger on a plate down there and cut the top of my finger between the knuckles to the bone... Threw some super glue in it, bandaged it, and back to work I went.. Really should have gotten stitches... Haha
      1996 Honda Shadow VT1100C

Sold
      1993 Honda Accord 10th Ann

Comment

the stuff they use at hospitals now is pretty much super glue, probably a few less chemicals, lol. should be good i've done it four or five times in my hand.
        GATORS GONNA GATE - - im also here: www.x-h20.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
          Why are you getting it towed?

Should have just pulled over, let it cool off and then driven it to a random parking lot and fixed it right there. No reason to tow a car that can be fixed where it broke down.

My legend had a coolant hose burst on the highway, i pulled off and pulled into a neighborhood. I fixed the car right there infront of someones house.
          Because AAA tows my shit for free, i can store and work on it at the shop.

You also don't look like one of the losers on the side of the road.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

thats the one thing I got covered from insurance on both my accords, 24hr roadside assistance. It cost me about 2.50/car each month which is worth it knowing I can just call someone up and be safe.

But yeah, it costs about 50 bucks to replace all the coolant hoses for the car

-upper and lower rad hose
            -U shaped hose
            -heater hoses
            -misc 3-4 feet of hoses for IACV and FITV and T-stat

I just went with all honda stuff since it was about 2-3 bucks more for the correct fitted hose that'll probably last another 15-20 yrs since its high quality....LONG after I sell both my accords.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
              Happen to me once. Puttin' along and BLAM! Coolant EVERYWHERE. I'm freaked. Turns out it was that damn U bend.
              Yep, I know it all too well. I had that same thing happen to Bella...it was a deff FML moment in my life lol
              The CB7 Collector.
              Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
              92 LX Coupe F22A1
              2013 Toyota Corolla S
              92 EX Sedan F22A1
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

LOL damn bro you need to get another car bro. All the best you really had it hard this time around man.

Comment

The ones behind the block and on the intake manifold/tb are a bitch but prob the oldest rubber on the engine and most likely to need attention.

another one thats suspect is the heater hoses

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
                    The ones behind the block and on the intake manifold/tb are a bitch but prob the oldest rubber on the engine and most likely to need attention.

another one thats suspect is the heater hoses
                    Yeah those are the ones i need to get too still.. And the oil cooler.. Do i even have an oil cooler? haha I have new hoses for one...
                    1996 Honda Shadow VT1100C

Sold
                    1993 Honda Accord 10th Ann

Comment

Working...
                    X