On the side of the road again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the side of the road again...

Frickin coolant line bust on my while I was sitting in traffic this morning and now I'm sittin on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck. Thing that sucks is I have all new coolant lines at home I was planning to install on my next days off. (Tomorrow) and could fix it easily if I had it and my tools with me. It's that damn U bend guy at the back of the block under the intake. Ugh. Fuck traffic.

Luckily I'm only three exits away fol work and they're sending out their own truck but its still gonna come out of my pocket.

And plus that... I'm already 45 minutes late for work. Ugh.

Damn commute. Damn traffic.

Time to do a compression test when I get home and hope for the best....
    1996 Honda Shadow VT1100C

Sold
    1993 Honda Accord 10th Ann

Always carry duct tape. Always.

Now you've got me thinking about whether I should replace mine

They're stock as far as I know, and I'm about to do a rear motor mount too.
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Happen to me once. Puttin' along and BLAM! Coolant EVERYWHERE. I'm freaked. Turns out it was that damn U bend.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

If it just busted and you realized it, no pegged out temp needle, you should be golden. Except for having to pay for a tow
        GATORS GONNA GATE - - im also here: www.x-h20.com

Comment

It was pegged for maybe five minutes.. I'm going to replace the bypass hose and see how she runs.. I might do a leak down test if i feel like it is any different.

She starts and idles just like usual so so far all is well..

Sold

Comment

First thing I tell people to do when they get their car), replace the coolant lines, especially the ones behind the intake manifold that are so often overlooked.

It was the first thing to break on my cb, and they are an utter pain to replace from above, with only a leatherman in the 90*+F heat (middle of summer when mine went).
            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Yeah, i had known mine were needing to be replaced but just hadnt got to it yet. Same exact hose blew in my tenth ann but i was able to replace that one on the side of the road..

Ordered every single hose in the entire chassis that runs coolant and a new tbelt and water pump..

I freaking HATE being broken down on the side of the road.

Any one down for an install party tomorrow that lives in Seattle? haha

I'll supply the beer and pizza....
              Last edited by Shadow91; 01-08-2013, 07:31 PM.

Sold

Comment

Why are you getting it towed?

Should have just pulled over, let it cool off and then driven it to a random parking lot and fixed it right there. No reason to tow a car that can be fixed where it broke down.

My legend had a coolant hose burst on the highway, i pulled off and pulled into a neighborhood. I fixed the car right there infront of someones house.

Comment

Because it was on the free way next to another exit that goes onto another freeway.. It would be a min of abour 4 miles of driving to get it where i could have it fixed. Plus, i didnt have ANY tools at all and no way to temp fix the hose nor any water for the engine.

Better safe then sorry

Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow91 View Post
                    Because it was on the free way next to another exit that goes onto another freeway.. It would be a min of abour 4 miles of driving to get it where i could have it fixed. Plus, i didnt have ANY tools at all and no way to temp fix the hose nor any water for the engine.

Better safe then sorry
                    Leave it and come back for it the next day with tools, parts and coolant

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                      Leave it and come back for it the next day with tools, parts and coolant
                      Fuck that. I wouldn't leave my car on the road. Most likely it'll be gone when you come back. And if the cops tow it, the $$$ will be double what you'll spend to tow it where you want it, when you want.
                      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

The piece of mind knowing where exactly my car is and not having it on the side of the road is worth a tow to me.

And again.. better safe then sorry...

Plus that...
                        My dealership covered 100% of the tow bill because i was heading to work!

Sold

Comment

Well i guess if they covered the tow bill then you have nothing to lose

" better safe than sorry " i feel is an exaggeration. Leaving your car in a parking lot of some store for the night is hardly unsafe. Sure as hell beats paying $100-$200 to have a car towed when its going to be just as easy to fix it where it sits as it would be in your driveway

Comment

Agreed, but i would never leave my car on the highway at all. I hate leaving my car anywhere i dont know especially for hours on end.

And it was literally about 5 miles away from work. Exit 163 and work is exit 166.

Bill was under a $100

But cover so its all good. But i do understand what your talking about tippy. If i was at a position to where i could fix it i would have.

Sold

Comment

Ha. This happened to me during my ride to work. I fixed the hose with electrical tape lol. Enough to get me home

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
                              My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
                              Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

Working...
                              X