Anyone wonder why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone wonder why

New coupes (no specific vehicle manufacture) don't have pop out or vent style rear windows like our Accords? I know the BMW E46 coupes had them but that's the newest car I've seen them with. I feel like Honda should've had them on the 94-97 Accord coupes also.

your thoughts?

The Acura Legends had power roll down windows for the quarter windows.

I've always wanted to try that mod for our cars but it seems like it'll be more of a headache than a reward.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I've always loved the pop out windows on our coupes and E46's. I've seen extended cab trucks with the same style rear windows. But even those are normally about the same year range.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Everything is power and has A/C these days. Apparently if something is not doable with the push of a button its not worth doing.

Also, probably for aerodynamic/fuel economy reasons. The FED clamps down on auto manufacturers to produce more fuel efficient vehicles every year.
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

I actually haven't noticed ANY new cars with pop out rear windows. I guess perhaps it's considered an old design?

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
            Everything is power and has A/C these days. Apparently if something is not doable with the push of a button its not worth doing.

Also, probably for aerodynamic/fuel economy reasons. The FED clamps down on auto manufacturers to produce more fuel efficient vehicles every year.
            in he E46 they were powered.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
              in he E46 they were powered.
              I don't know or care about beemers
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Bimmer, actually. Beemer is a bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                  I don't know or care about beemers
                  Just because you don't care doesn't make the point any less valid.

Comment

e36 has popout ones like the accord

Comment

it''l be cool if there was a power conversion for the rear windows like the E46's
                      FRIENDS
                      DONT LET
                      FRIENDS
                      ROLL ON
                      ROTA'S

Comment

most mini vans seem to have electric fold out windows from what i've seen. later.
                        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                          most mini vans seem to have electric fold out windows from what i've seen. later.
                          my parents had a 91 dodge grand caravan and it the rear windows where electric fold out.
                          FRIENDS
                          DONT LET
                          FRIENDS
                          ROLL ON
                          ROTA'S

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                            Yup. Caravans and Hondas and stuff have power pop out or roll down rear quarter glass and sliding door glass.

Trucks even have power rear windows, on both the doors (ext cabs) or the rear window glass.

As for cars, yes, BMW is about the last company I can think of to recently offer pop out side windows.

I personally could care less for pop out windows. One of those things you always forget to close afterwards.

Comment

When I was a kid, I caught the webbing between my thumb and index finger in one of those pop out latches... I was afraid of them for years after!

Comment

Working...
                              X