So next year I have a plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So next year I have a plan

I have a clean driving and criminal record.
    I know how to do a bit of everything but hardly any construction.
    Im looking for an awesome job but currently going to school and work as well.

So I get unemployment, Food stamps, and I work. Soon Ill get $2700.00 from a pell grant. Another $1200 from Texas Grants and I also Have a Job.

So any way fellas School Is 700 Locally. Im working On my associates. All this extra cash I am putting towards my own place (apartment).

With Unemployment for 4 months (just long enough to dedicate myself to the semester). And 120 worth of Food Stamps monthly I should be ok. Btw I make $300 a month at work and Im happy with that. i do plan and actively look for work.

So Im getting my own place to lease for 1 year. at $650 monthly because next semester I get $2700 dollars and another $1200 grant money.

So in total I'm getting $6900 for school That I will use for rent. I only have to put in $75 monthly on rent. And more than likely my bills will be paid for by the state. So Im not worried much about the bills I am moving walking distance to my college.

You guys think I should pull a loan out and repair some stuff on my current car and buy a CD5 as a back up car?

Im thinking max investment is $500 on my accord in new gaskets and getting the head and block surfaced. Along with what ever cheap head maintenance can be done. and Im threw dumping cash into it.

and $800-1200 for a CD5?

yes or no on subsidized loan?
    How much can I get for a first time?

Why would you get a loan to fix an old car? Seems like a stupid risk to me.

Fix the car you have if money is tight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
      Why would you get a loan to fix an old car? Seems like a stupid risk to me.

Fix the car you have if money is tight.
      ditto.

Comment

so you're going to have the block surfaced with the pistons in it?
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

New thing man shaving's in the cylinders makes for more power.

02 Crv
          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
          Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

damn maybe i should just quit my job to go to school and let the system take care of me

Comment

Originally posted by 92turboaccord View Post
              damn maybe i should just quit my job to go to school and let the system take care of me
              Tried the grants when i went to college back in 08, it wasn't all that great lol.

02 Crv
              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.

Comment

Those grants and those student loans are supposed to go to funding tuition, books, and associated fees. You can also use them for room and board, transportation, and necessary equipment such as personal computers and software.

I'd be careful shouting to the world that you plan to use them otherwise, like renting a garage and flipping cars.

If you're living off of the government, even if by choice, you're probably not in a situation to consider doing what you've got planned here. Either way, good luck!

Comment

my neighbors kid get all kinds of grants and he uses very little of the money for school and the rest he uses for booze and musical instruments

Comment

I used it for school and still the trip up and down the mountain murdered me. Grants are useful, but i lived i bit away and was not moving for a tech program that lasted a year or so.

02 Crv

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                      so you're going to have the block surfaced with the pistons in it?
                      no obviously. I just need to repair/rebuild one of the engines (to stock) $500 and maybe buy a new trans ($800)if I have too. 3rd gear is really trashed.

In the mean time maybe a cd5 ($1000) would be nice.

And its not like im doing anything illegal here. I could pay for the bus and taxi's but it would only be a temp. I'd rather own my cars. Its not like I'm building show cars either.

I think what I'm doing is completely legal and moral. No reason to feel ashamed or lie to anyone about my intentions if its not illegal.

And yes I work I just dont make that much so i get help from the government soon ill be with out help and just like every one else.

i want to add that im very serious about school and almost done with my forensics degree.
                      Last edited by 8ball; 12-31-2012, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Oh no, don't take my post the wrong way. I will be upset if you aren't using the money as intended, but it looks like you are. Don't let me bother you, I just get frustrated by this kind of stuff. I know students who lie on the FAFSA just so they get a Pell grant and such. Being the second of five kids, four of which are in college, my folks make too much money for me to get anything but loans; but I'm still honest about it.

As far as the subsidized loans go; if you need a loan, yes, a subsidized loan is the best. I've seen the offers anywhere from 1500 to 6000 (for two semesters). A subsidized loan means you don't have to pay the interest, unsubsidized means you do, and a private loan has the worst rates and terms by far.

Comment

I think Ill take out the max loan possible that I feel is not absurd. Just enough to perform the repairs/ purchases and then Slowly pay back.

Comment

Sounds like a bad plan yo!

I wouldn't do it.

And christ, get another job. Jesus, i know its hard juggling everything but seriously $300/month?

WTF are you doing, donating blood? People here make more than that giving up blood plasma. Get serious about making some coin if you are really thinking about moving out.
                            Originally posted by wed3k
                            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I payed for my schooling out of pocket.

Now Im self employed in a totally different field.

Comment

Working...
                              X