Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My whereabouts.....

sup guys....

I know im usually on here fairly regularly.

Dec 15th my father passed away.

My mom called me on my day off to tell me the news...so I flew down that Sunday to Fla.

Its been chaotic to say the least. He was sick for some 9 years with differeing ailments due to his diabetes and weight issues.

He was a fighter to say the least....he was given a month one time and went past that by years..

I use to accompany him to his garage when he owned his own shop and he taught me much of what I know today about automobiles.

He also taught me the honesty and integrity in hardwork and how to hold down a family.

Ill miss him greatly, I loved him more then words can describe.

He was 63 so he was young by today's standards for sure.

He left behind my mum, brother sister, and I.

We had the ceremony wednesday.

Only silver lining is that, even though the circumstances are bad, I got to see my family for the holiday which I would have been unable to due to work if he had not passed.

So I was just checking in to let everyone know and see how everyone's holiday was?

I haven't lost a parent, but grandparents that fit the same bill. I kinda understand how you may feel right now, but I know it sometimes can't be easy. The fact that he's in a better place looking over you, left you the man lessons you needed in life, and he was a survivor should keep you in high spirits. In short, be strong and be proud to be part of his legacy.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

My condolences to you and your family.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear that. Losing a parent cannot be an easy endeavor. However, it seems as though he had a fulfilling life if his son is able to recognize so many positives in what a father's relationship with his son is supposed to provide. His goal on this earth was likely to take care of his family and it seems he's been successful in doing that. If you're a better man because of having him in your life, good on him.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Yes, I feel that the job he was intended to do, he did.

Even though he was unable to work for the last 4 or 5 years, it put a tremendous strain on my mother and our family, but in the end she realized how much good he did.

The biggest thing I remember of him as a child, was his work ethic.

I think in his 30+ years as a mechanic since ive been alive, he may have taken off once.

He got up every morning no matter what difficulties lay ahead and went into work.

I never forgot that.

I am grateful for the lessons he taught me.

Comment

Sorry to hear this, atleast ya'll had 63years together. Wish you and your family the best.

02 Crv
              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Sorry to hear it man
                Originally posted by wed3k
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                  Sorry to hear this, atleast ya'll had 63years together. Wish you and your family the best.
                  Ummm 63 years? Im not his brother im his son lol.

I had about 29 years with him.

63 would have been great!

Originally posted by 8ball
                  too bad i cant rep this thread

me gusta TROLL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XZGHOxnCto
                  It just speaks to your character that you would come into a thread about me losing my father, and try to start shit.

Sad man, sad.

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                  Sorry to hear it man
                  Thanks old balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                    Ummm 63 years? Im not his brother im his son lol.

I had about 29 years with him.

63 would have been great!

It just speaks to your character that you would come into a thread about me losing my father, and try to start shit.

Sad man, sad.

Thanks old balls.
                    i didnt see what the thread was about

Comment

Sorry for your loss Ralphie

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                      BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                      Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                      CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Originally posted by AAPOQ View Post
                        Sorry for your loss Ralphie
                        Thanks dude!

OT- Who makes the snowblower in your sig?

Comment

Wow, Sorry to hear Ralphie.

Such unfortunate timing at this time of the year, 2 years ago it was my grandfather the same time of the year.
                          I hope despite the obvious you had a good Christmas with your family, and have a safe rest of the Holidays.

8Ball, Your blatent disrespect just earned you 3days.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

3 days? He's lucky you got to him first, Colin.

Ralph, you and I have spoken of this on other occasions, so I won't repeat myself too much here.
                            It's nice to know that your dad got to see you come into your own... military, education, marriage, home ownership. You've given him much to be proud of, my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                              Wow, Sorry to hear Ralphie.

Such unfortunate timing at this time of the year, 2 years ago it was my grandfather the same time of the year.
                              I hope despite the obvious you had a good Christmas with your family, and have a safe rest of the Holidays.

8Ball, Your blatent disrespect just earned you 3days.

Thanks Colin!

Yes this time of year makes it hard but at the same time it brings family closer.

If I had to do this without all the family I had last week, it would have been unreal.

After the service my mom bro and sis, along with my Uncle Aunt and Nephew and his wife and Mother in law, went out to lunch and just laughed and reminisced etc.

The silver lining was that I got to see my family for the holidays when I was certain I wouldn't this year.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              3 days? He's lucky you got to him first, Colin.

Ralph, you and I have spoken of this on other occasions, so I won't repeat myself too much here.
                              It's nice to know that your dad got to see you come into your own... military, education, marriage, home ownership. You've given him much to be proud of, my friend!

Ya I know he was proud of me for sure.

The only thing that sucks is that I didn't get to be with him when he passed and tell him some things that id like to have told him, but im confident he knows.

Comment

Working...
                              X