Moonshine...who's had it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moonshine...who's had it?

I just bought some moonshine tonight. It's Junior Johnson's from N.C. I watch the Moonshiner's show on T.V. and not sure what to think about the show as far as whether it's real or not, however it got me wondering what moonshine tastes like. I typically drink Jack Daniels for wiskey, and Makers Mark or Jim Beam Devil's Cut for bourbon. I drink it on the rocks. I don't mix it with cola anymore, I've grown out of that and come to enjoy it straight. Anyway, aside from the permanent marker smell of the moonshine I bought (legally) I really like it. I'm just drinking it room temp, no ice. Just wondering what else is out there that may compare to Junior Johnson's Moonshine, or what anyone else's experiences are.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

I've only had the stuff with cherries soaking in it. Comes in a mason jar. Tastes like kerosene.
    I'm more of an earthy Scotch drinker, though.

Comment

I have had it. Many times. Rather recently in fact. What I get is about 35 years old and is in old peanut butter jars. I won’t say a whole lot but I know the person who made it really well.

If any of you know much about making shine, the stuff I get is not diluted yet. It sets on fire easily and burns a pretty blue and white flame. You can shake a jar of shine and tell the alcohol content by the amount and size of bubbles in it. The person I know can shake a bottle of shine and tell you what proof it is within 5 proof either way. And you can run a car on it. I have seen it done with the exact shine that I get.

And 3 good size shots get you absolutely fucked. Like not able to find your ass with both hands.

Comment

i am in every way a light weight.drink like 1 time a year.i had a sip of some homade shine and let me tell you it does not go down with out a fight!was smooth but since im new it burned some goin down.

my new turbo build

Comment

Homebrew moonshine is scary stuff. Done wrong, that can kill you, or make you go blind.

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
            i am in every way a light weight.drink like 1 time a year.i had a sip of some homade shine and let me tell you it does not go down with out a fight!was smooth but since im new it burned some goin down.
            Good shine is hot in your belly, not going down. It does have a little burn but it shouldn’t set you on fire.

The stuff Deev has had that you can get in a store is legal now of course, but the owner used to make the shine illegally up until a few years ago. He was a real moonshiner at one time. But it’s not the same as the old illegal stuff for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Homebrew moonshine is scary stuff. Done wrong, that can kill you, or make you go blind.
              Yes it can.

My great grand mother, she is gone now but she told me a story when I was about 14 of one of her ex-husbands that supposedly killed some people with a bad batch of shine. Copper poisoning IIRC.

I know someone who went blind from a bad batch of meth too.

Comment

Moonshine is gaining popularity in trendy crowds as "White Whiskey" now. You can buy bottles for like $40+

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Moonshine is gaining popularity in trendy crowds as "White Whiskey" now. You can buy bottles for like $40+
                  I figured it was becoming more popular do to the show on TV. It seems like more and more people are talking about it.

Hank Williams III has made mention of running across old stills in the hills of West Virginia and Tennessee. He said when you run across one you just keep walking, even though they are old and not useable anymore the punishment could still be extremely harsh.

Comment

I've had Missouri shine AND Carolina shine. They taste different but I prefer Everclear. Less legal issues and almost the same kick, lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Put that store bought shine, banana, blackberry, cherry, strawberry whatever you get in the freezer. Pure alcohol won’t freeze until -173.2*. Even though it’s not pure alcohol it still won’t freeze in your freezer. It makes it thicken and taste better. That’s how most people drink it.

Comment

That's how I keep all my liquor. Anything 80 proof or higher won't freeze in most freezers.

Comment

Here is some that I have I just set on fire. I had to turn the flash off or you coudnt see the flame at all in the picture. Youll notice that store bought shine is hard to get started and once it burns it wont burn the all the liquid out of the spoon. Whats left isnt alcohol.

Comment

^ Blue flame is good stuff.
                            i enjoy some apple pie and cherries from time to time. But make sure you trust your source or like deev said its no bueno.
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

shit man thats a nice flame. im not a drinker so shine for me is always a no go
                              visit vgruk

Comment

Working...
                              X