No announcement yet.

Auto store stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I walked into an Autozone, the lady behind the counter was trying to sell a customer a gascap to solve his no-start / check engine light on a GrandAm

Because all check engine lights are cause by gas caps right?

I told the customer that wouldnt do a damn thing, went out in the lot and took a look at his car and pointed him in the RIGHT direction!
    ON_N20
    Nitrous = Been there. Turbo = Now. Nitrous + Turbo?... LOADING

Comment

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
      I still have the know at all at autozone looking for me a radiator cap for a 66 beetle, he swares he sold one before. I also told him I need a special blinker fluid for the beetle. " he cought that one" so I told him, not like that. It's got hydrolic brakes that push through a valve that makes the lights work...he knew exactly what I was talking about...his uncle had one, so he informed me dot 4 would work fine
      This is too funny.

Comment

Well, not parts store related, but Honda dealership...

I called them the other day to order a rear window wiper delete plug. This part actually exists, as an OEM Honda part.

I call up the parts dept at the local Honda dealer. Explain to him my car and what I want to do, and how I need this specific part.

"Hmm. In 23 years of working at Honda, never heard of that one before. All our cars came equipped with rear wipers, I've never seen a plug to block them off before."

I was like "well, I see these listed on ebay for sale, and guys on some forums from the states are buying them. It's a genuine Honda part. They have a picture of it on the ebay ads..."

"They're probably just some rubber plug some guy sells, and just used a stock photo, they do that all the time on ebay."

"Ok, well I guess I'll go order it from ebay then..."

"Alright, well thanks for calling. Like I said, I've never heard of that before."

After I hang up the phone, I go online and look up the part number for this piece. I call the dealer back and ask for the same guy. Give him the part numbers for the plug and the grommet and he goes "Oh, well would you look at that. The plug is $27 and the grommet is $8. Have to order them out of the states, they'll be about 4-5 days."

"Already ordered on from ebay, thanks."

Comment

I work at Autozone. It's in the hood.
          When I first started, I kept an even mind and tried to help everyone to the best of my abilities. I used much of the knowledge from this forum. I was honest; "I can't tell you a damn thing about American cars. Hondas, ask me anything!"
          However, time passed. The constant stream of trash wore down my patience. Constantly explaining the same thing over and over again wore me down even more.

Now:
          For the most part, I will tell you anything I can to get you to leave as fast as possible. If you end up spending more money than normal(Wrong parts, wrong size ratchet, etc) that's fine by me! Once you use it, you can't return it. I love enforcing that policy, and watching people get pissed.
          It helps a lot that I can manipulate the fuck out of people.
          If someone takes too long, I will simply tell them it's a dealer part. We don't have it. No Autozone has it

Granted, there are exceptions. If you're nice and young (Read: Broke polite college student) or have boobs (And are not gross and fairly polite) I'll help you out as much as I can. If you have a Honda I'll try to help you too.

Like it, hate it, don't care. I don't get paid enough to care.
          The other workers have more or less the same mindset. If they don't, they will soon.

Edit: To whoever left me that nice comment:
          This job is essentially worthless to me. I have another that pays me twice as much.
          It may be temporary, which is why I keep Autozone. I literally work about 5 hours a week there now.
          Last edited by GeoffM; 12-06-2012, 11:29 AM.
          MRT
          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
          Originally posted by Tippey764
          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
          Originally posted by deevergote
          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Working...
          X