Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
    ...and the verdict is...

Broken timing belt with what sounds like at least two bent valves.
    sorry to hear man! You should fix it while ya wait for the H.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I knew it was bound to break, I just didn't exactly know when. I'm not pissed or upset. I could've prevented it, but my F was in no top notch condition to begin with. It ran okay; JUST OKAY. That's why I told myself I wouldn't put anymore money in it after the last tune up. I've had my mind geared toward the finalization of my H for a LONGGGG time.

Honestly, it's way too cold to be performing an engine swap right now. I'm an enthusiast, a die hard one at that. However, not die hard enough to do a swap in the middle of the elements in sub 40 degree weather. It's getting cold here for my taste, and I don't wan to here a peep about cold from you Canadians. Capiche?
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Don't worry, your Canadian friend here knows how shitty it is working in the cold.

Says the guy who did a full interior swap in January....

But yeah. Cold sucks. I have a garage, but it's not insulated. It's as cold as it is outside, except it shelters from the wind. And where I live, it's freakin' windy ALL the time.

So what are you driving now? Obviously the CB is out of commission for now.

Comment

The El, and my Jordans. At least I wont have to pay insurance for the next two months or so. That about 300-400 dollars saved right there.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
            Thanks everyone. I knew it was bound to break, I just didn't exactly know when. I'm not pissed or upset. I could've prevented it, but my F was in no top notch condition to begin with. It ran okay; JUST OKAY. That's why I told myself I wouldn't put anymore money in it after the last tune up. I've had my mind geared toward the finalization of my H for a LONGGGG time.

Honestly, it's way too cold to be performing an engine swap right now. I'm an enthusiast, a die hard one at that. However, not die hard enough to do a swap in the middle of the elements in sub 40 degree weather. It's getting cold here for my taste, and I don't wan to here a peep about cold from you Canadians. Capiche?
            Oh, man up.

almostJDM and I swapped his F20B in 20-30 degree weather with no heater...
            Originally posted by sweet91accord
            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

It's not that cold out yet, Anthony!

Comment

Yeah, let you tell it. I'm going to assume everyone here knows that I'm not being racist/judgmental with this comment, but it's so true. White folks are are way more prone to tolerate cold weather than black folks. :fact: The cold and I don't mix. Well, sometime we get along, but not along enough to do a swap in the condition I plan to have it in. I want to take my time, and not rush because my walnuts, toes, and fingers are frozen.

Sub 40* is cold enough to not do anything productive outdoors for a long period of time (in excess of 2 hours). That's just me.

I decorated my mother's house once from roof to basement for Christmas. That right there showed my my limits of working outdoors in the cold.
                Last edited by Straight Success; 11-29-2012, 05:24 AM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Both my cbs died around 205k... the engines were going strong, they just got totaled

Rolling past 205k quite nicely in the TL though.
                  wat?

Comment

That is young. I'm at 180k now hoping to keep going. Previous onwer was also a woman who drove it around the city to do groceries and pick up the kids. I know its been crashed since when i removed the bumper there was no bumper reinforcement back there, just metal.

Most CBs around my junkyards have around 230k on them so ill be happy if it keep going that much.
                    10th Anniversary Accord.
                    05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

If I had replaced the TB & WP, and did some minor maintenance, she would've far surpassed where she died. I told myself I wasn't dumping any more money into the F, and I meant it. Planning for newer heights.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I haven't changed crap becuase i also want a reason to swap. I just do little things like oil,plugs,wires, and whatever break that i can find at the junkyard. I want to put her in my garage but if she keeps going is better for me.
                        10th Anniversary Accord.
                        05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

on my DD that I bought for 700, all I did was replace the T-belt($28 Gates belt) at 250k, now at 268k, but this engine sounds healthy as hell. Still consistently gets 28mpg with rush hour traffic/highway mixed. All accessories still working (AC, PS, CC)

I really want to get a 2013 Accord Coupe 6-6 but I don't know what I'll do with my 2 CB7s, they both run so well. I feel like it'd be a waste to sell them since they run so well.

member's ride thread
                          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                          91 Accord SE 176k
                          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Okay. I'll be doing some evaluating, and maybe will do my swap much sooner than expected.

I'm thinking maybe 5 days working on the street is about what it'll take. I'm thinking:

1. Obtain every thing needed: all 4 mounts (new), pins for wiring, TB & WP, fluids, plugs & wires, clutch & flywheel, header, and accessory belts.

2. Tear down. Remove bumper, support, and radiator support beam. Pull the battery, intake, motor and transmission, suspension components.

3. Clean up engine with new components and wiring; all the prep work.

4. Drop H22a and M2B4 in.

5. Polish up swap, and make sure everything is sound.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Tomorrow she's going under the knife. BTW, I didn't forget about your $50.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Okay. Didn't do anything to the car, so it'll be sitting.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                                X