Engine Finally Died!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

175k and still going strong here

My bros car is up to 333k, it leaks oil but it still runs good and gets 30mpg+ on the highway

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
      She, the A6, has about 197K.
      My old a6 was at 191k, smoking all over the place. But it was still running before my swap.
      my daily driver. (AOM June 2010)

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
      MR page

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76111

Comment

I only think some parts of the car were well maintained. A girl having this car in HS and then in college tells me that this thing missed some regular maintenance.
        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I only think some parts of the car were well maintained. A girl having this car in HS and then in college tells me that this thing missed some regular maintenance.
          ive had my cb and im now in college. mine is well maintained!
          visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
            ive had my cb and im now in college. mine is well maintained!
            Are you a woman who maintains it?

- D. Chappelle

Comment

My mom owned my CB before me and she didn't really understand that oil changes were to be done more than once every year and a half. By the time I got it all the major seals were leaking and the valve seals were practically gone. Before her the car was maintained excellently. Maintenance has a huge effect on the lifespan of the motors.

Although, to be fair, mine was technically still running at the time of my swap, it was just knocking to no tomorrow and had absolutely no changes between WOT and idle.

Comment

Are you a woman who maintains it?
                no...i guess being a guy makes a diffrence?
                visit vgruk

Comment

I know women that maintain their cars just as good as men do. A person's sex has nothing to with maintaining a car.

CALI LIFE STYLE
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145883

Comment

That's not always the case. I know a few women who maintain their cars and homes by themselves.

The VAST majority of women, especially those in college with an older car will not maintain them as they should. Trust me, I see it everyday. In this case, I can see my car was somewhat maintained, but it had/has some problems. I replaced many many components on this car. In doing so, I had the opportunity to see that the maintenance that was done, was done VERY cheaply. However, it was done.
                    Last edited by Straight Success; 11-27-2012, 10:49 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

That's not always the case. I know a few women who maintain their cars and homes by themselves.

The VAST majority of women, especially those in college with an older car will not maintain them as they should. Trust me, I see it everyday. In this case, I can see my car was somewhat maintained, but it had/have some problems. I replaced many many components on this car. In doing so, I had the opportunity to see that the maintenance that was done, was done VERY cheaply. However, it was done.
                      My mom is 50 something years old and i have to maintain her '06 CRV. Crap i can't even get her to tell me when she needs new wiper blades or when she needs a refill on washer fluid even though we have several jugs of it sitting in the garage. She never washes the darn thing either, poor car.

Comment

My mother's the same way.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

...and the verdict is...

Broken timing belt with what sounds like at least two bent valves.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

well thats an easy fix. ill send you some valves if you need them
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

350.000 miles and trying to get a t belt asap sorry about your loss

Comment

Not sorry about your loss at all, because it's going to be nothing but gain.

I'm excited your H swap time has finally come. Good luck with it!

Comment

Working...
                                X