No announcement yet.

Ratcheting Wrenches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 6 sets of them, 2 that you flip over to either tighten or loosen. 2 with the switch to tighten or loosen, and 2 set of flex heads. I put the 4 foot breaker bar on them quit a bit, espically pulling upper ball joints. The flex heads are great to get into places, but kind of awkward to use because as you pull/push they want to go side to side

Oh, I have gear wrenche brand, and use them daily, if I can't get the impact in there, I use the gear wrench.
    Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 11-25-2012, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Ive had my set for around 8 years now, had too replace the 10mm like twice but no othor issues. Like my ratchets i will soak them in oil every now and again, but they have held up in some crappy conditions and saved me some time here and there.

Comment

I've had a set for years at work, I wouldn't work without them.
        Only broken one, and that was for that same reason as above - using an impact on the other side.

Best thing is the ability to add these:
        Makes it way slimmer than a regular rachet.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Actually used one today, for removing the bottom bolt on the exhaust manifold heat shield.

Comment

Gear wrench used to make Mac tools wrenches racheting, if that makes any sense.

Comment

I have some sets. and it is one of the best most helpful tools I've used. definitely recommend it.
              <-- MRT

Comment

got the gear wrench set in metric and SAE

love using them every time i can
                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                  I wouldn't think they could hold up to 600-1000 ftlbs of torque. Just use a normal closed end wrench.
                  I would like to meet the guy who can put that much torque on a hand tool.

I picked up a 20pc set of Gearwrench (Metric and SAE) for $50 from Sears for the black friday special. I think the Gearwrench ones have less movement needed (5 degrees) to ratchet, so the really tight spaces they beat the others.

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
                    This guy:

Read the quotes.

I do have a set of SAE and Metric flex head gear wrenches. They are a quality product, had them for 2 years and haven't broken one yet. Had a couple freeze up but I was able to unfreeze them easily
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Yeah, but would you shake his hand?
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

One of my favorite sets other than my flex head ratchet
                        www.850fab.com
                        IG - @850Fab
                        FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Grab yourself a 3/4" breaker bar, and a nice long cheater bar extension, and presto!

I received a set of these last holiday season:
                          [url=http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m049pczpDX1rq68fdo1_1280.jpg][/img]

I asked for them because I had no 17mm wrench for the transmission fill plug, and there was no room for a ratchet to get enough leverage, and an adjustable wrench keeps rounding the plug. I used the ratcheting side to break the plug (which was on there tight!) and it held fine. The only thing I wish they had was either an angle, or a swivel to allow angling, so I can reach tighter places. But, usually in those tight places, there is no room to ratchet anyway.

Comment

Working...
                          X