Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts..

She has a Civic under warranty
    She thinks the dealer works magic and keeps it in warranty ..
    If you did the brakes on her car and she got a o2 CEL she would blame you

What I would do
    Let her bring it to the dealer
    Don't even let her tell you the price
    Live life happier..

Comment

I've added the invoice to the first post. Parts, at the very least, match up with retail and are pretty much a flat price across many models.

ChIoVnIdCa, truer words may never have been spoken.

I dropped out of my automotive technology degree one semester before graduating a few years ago because everything we were taught included some element of how to charge people certain ways for the work and make the most money. It was about selling people on things to which you didn't care to educate them and basking in their ignorance. To me, I felt that those people(instructors and everyone else who bought in to the attitude), while extremely car knowledgeable, were scum. It had a lot to do with my absence on this site for a few years. I get that you can excuse yourself by claiming it's a business just like anything else. But I knew that I couldn't be okay with myself in an environment like that at the end of the day.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

dang those are some expensive pads. The only thing i've taken my Civic in for is a ATF drain and fill and that was just a month ago at about 41K.
        I too have an extended warranty because i had bought it certified used I might take it to the dealer for the suspension after i get an alignment since right after the ATF change, when i turn the wheel to the right while backing up, there's a grinding sound.
        Last edited by Leung; 11-25-2012, 12:55 PM.

Comment

The full brake job on my Integra at the Mitsu dealer I work at ended up costing me around $550, for all new rotors, pads, 2 new calipers, bleeding the brake system, tightening the e-brake cable, and a little extra labour for fighting with a seized caliper and hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
            If you did the brakes on her car and she got a o2 CEL she would blame you
            When she needs some more expensive work done, her parents will be calling you after she visits the dealership! But the price they charged her is about right.
            MRT: http://www.cd5tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5748

Comment

After seeing the reciept, she got a good deal. Front and rear brakes with a brake flush for $550.00 from a dealer ain't bad.

Comment

If I read right, it looks like they charged damn near $450 for the brake job. Something doesn't seem right there. $300 in labor for a brake job is retarded.

Comment

the reason why the labor is so much is because it pays 1hr to do each side by the book

and it almost does, depending on their resurfacing machine, a rotor takes about 15mins,
                  lubing pins, compressing caliper, bolting caliper, set pin pads, and tightening everything down another 15m-20m

it's still not an hour on straight time, but its an hour by the book

so @-65-75/hr, the labor seems right

where they got her was with the flush $65 for the labor and the bullshit "brake bleed kit" which they charged to use the bleeding machine

the shop supplies you pay at every shop, the only thing that sounds kind of stupid is the $35 bleeding kit

the onlything you need is a 8-10mm wrench and a machine that you press buttons and does all the work, the "flush" should include everything
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

the lexus dealer will charge for 2 cans of brake clean for a minor service, lol

they didn't resurface the rears?
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

looks like $500 worth of bullshit!!!

Damn near as expensive as a big brake upgrade

Comment

They resurfaced the rotors, so thats around $125 because honda is lazy and does the lathe on the cars. So thats a big part of it.

But dealerships make money, and shops have to as well. I feel bad when the prices are so high. My friend had her front pads done at honda with resurface, 300 bucks.
                        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Just did a 5-6hr (One side pinched so yeah had to take it all apart again and it had to be the driver's side a true PITA!) Both VC gasket's, plug's and coil's (Fluids) on a 02 subaru outback 3.0 charged $456.

02 Crv
                          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                          Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

man i definitely didn't charge my neighbor enough when i did his front brakes... hell what am i talking about, i still haven't even been paid yet and that was over a month ago when i helped him out.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                              Just did a 5-6hr (One side pinched so yeah had to take it all apart again and it had to be the driver's side a true PITA!) Both VC gasket's, plug's and coil's (Fluids) on a 02 subaru outback 3.0 charged $456.
                              the good thing about the boxer motors is that the engine comes out in 2.5 hours.

hondas always taken me around 4 hours
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Small shop no lift or picker yet. We usually only do diagnostics and tune up type deal's, after i got the hang of it i tore that driver side back down and had it done again in a hour. Called for 4 hours on the Vc's was my first H6 3.0 terrible design.

Where i've messed with hondas a good bit they are easy in all aspects.
                                Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 11-27-2012, 05:47 PM.

02 Crv
                                02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                                92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                                Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Working...
                                X