Windows 7 folder display issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7 folder display issues...

I'm hoping perhaps someone might have experience with this. Google isn't helping me, and Windows 7 is pretty new to me.

Anyway, I have my work files in individual folders. To make things easy, I have preferred settings for how the files in these folders are displayed.

HOWEVER, the settings never stay as I want them. The second I click out of a folder, they revert to the way they were previously. Then I have to reset them. It's not a huge deal, but it's an annoyance. Something I'd like to fix, if possible!

The main portion of the folder needs to be in list format, organized in ascending order according to date modified. By default, it seems to show large icons, organized by name.
    A sub-portion of the folder needs to be in large icon display, also by ascending date order. This one shows up as the 'details' list, also by name.

Every folder is a clone of a blank template. I attempted saving the template folder in the formats needed, but that didn't do a damn thing.

Is there anything I can do, other than manually reformatting my folders every time I click on them?

win2k FTW!

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...5-cc305371dde4

Comment

2k was my longtime favorite. I upgraded to XP for compatibility, and stuck to that for the longest time. ME was garbage, and Vista was an absolute abomination.

Comment

Working...
      X