security breach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

security breach

What would you say is the biggest security issue fault in a cb7 and a cd7?
    i feel as if its my driver door -_-

How the dash is wired.
    COUPE K24

Comment

the window are crazy easy to get into..like i used 50cents to get into my wifes car when i locked my keys in it

my new turbo build

Comment

I can use an old worn accord key to open just about any 91 - 96 accord and start it .... just saying

Comment

Windows for sure. Pop the guide at the top of the seal and you're in. Takes no time and little to no effort.

Originally posted by Maple50175
          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by trickedaccord92 View Post
            I can use an old worn accord key to open just about any 91 - 96 accord and start it .... just saying
            This one. Some don't even have to be worn. There are just a few profiles that match up with most of the ignition cylinders.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I lost my keys one day and i had to get to work. Took the column covers off, loosened the tamper proof studs that hold the ignition to the column (the reason for this is so that the steering wheel wont lock), took the three screws out that hold the switch into the ignition, stuck a screw driver in the switch and click click vroom. Took less than 5 mins.

If someone can get into your car without you knowing it they can also drive off with it too. That is if they know a little bit about Hondas.

I havent ever had to lock any of my cars and the keys are in the ignition of all of them. Thats just how it is here.

Comment

Bottom line... if someone wants your car, they can get it.
                The good news is, nobody wants your car. Nobody wants a 20 year old Accord anymore! The only people that value them are enthusiasts like us.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  The good news is, nobody wants your car. Nobody wants a 20 year old Accord anymore! The only people that value them are enthusiasts like us.
                  Very true!

Comment

There are a lot of security flaws in these cars. As the saying goes, the best defense is a good offense. A decent security alarm, removable steering wheel with a hub lock or just a garage.

Comment

I have an alarm and a club just to at least slow someone down a little. I need to figure our how to hook up my sickspeed horns to my alarm so it's even louder

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I feel like this thread will do more harm than good. Showcasing the weak points in "security" seems like a bad idea to me.

Sure it may be common knowledge in some circles but i don't think we need to make it public on a site dedicated to the vehicle we're discussing breaking in to.

It's easy to break into, ok, got it. So get an alarm, attack dog, camera, quick disconnect steering wheel, club..etc etc

Just don't tell everyone how to get into my car!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          really? I thought the CB7 is still the top most stolen car in the US?
                          visit vgruk

Comment

I think it's the 5th gen accords. Civics and F150's are close to the top too I believe

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                            It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
                              I feel like this thread will do more harm than good. Showcasing the weak points in "security" seems like a bad idea to me.

Sure it may be common knowledge in some circles but i don't think we need to make it public on a site dedicated to the vehicle we're discussing breaking in to.

It's easy to break into, ok, got it. So get an alarm, attack dog, camera, quick disconnect steering wheel, club..etc etc

Just don't tell everyone how to get into my car!
                              I kind of agree with this, be nice if we had a pro area for such discussions and advanced protection system discussions.

Comment

Working...
                              X