Xbox 360 Home Theater Computer Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox 360 Home Theater Computer Build Thread

So, I've just started on what should a pretty epic HTPC I'm going to shoe-horn in an old Xbox 360 I have laying around that's been RROD'd for years. The first step was getting the controller to work as a mouse on the computer. Here's the very basic video, I've been shooting a ton and hope to have a pretty decent video tutorial by the end of the build. Let me know if y'all have any suggestions or tips.

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Derp. Read your post wrong. What cpu are you using? I heard i3's are powerful enough, but I really would like to use an i5 to cover all the bases when I get started myself. Keep us updated please!
    Last edited by Prez808; 10-12-2012, 01:52 AM.

Comment

So in the end, you'll be able to surf the internet, play xbox 360 games and a ton of other things?

Comment

This is good stuff man. I wanted to play Xbox games but all of my equipment are PCs and I don't want to spend for a gaming system.

Comment

Dont the xbox disk drives have some kind of security code to prevent it from running non xbox discs?

Comment

Man, sounds like lots of possibilities with this. Can you connect an external hard drive ? If so, there could be tons of possibilities with this. Keep up posted.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

I might be mistaken.

i thought it was just a wireless mouse?
              to make use of a broken xbox.

I use a 360 controller (wired) on some pc games when i used to play them.
              gone back to playing 360 now i have it hacked. downloading forza horizon atm.

pinnacle game profiler is a very useful asset.

I like to use my iphone as a contoller for my pc at times.

Comment

Very cool.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Originally posted by Xsjado View Post
                  I might be mistaken.

i thought it was just a wireless mouse?
                  to make use of a broken xbox.
                  DING DING DING!

Sorry so many of you misinterpreted what I'm doing. I am using an Xbox 360's shell as a case for a computer build. The 360's board failed completely so I am simply using the RF module as a power switch and to allow the controller to be used as a mouse.

Last night I did a little bit-banging, web research, and was able to determine all the codes needed to have the RF module's button (the 360 power button) and a secondary button (the sync button) operate exactly like on the console. The only thing I have not figured out yet is how to have the RF board send a power on signal when the controller turns on for the first time. Hopefully I'll be able to use the Aruino's serial monitor to watch the data going out from the RF module on the working 360 I have laying around. Will update in the next few days with a video of the completed RF module's operations.

Comment

I have finished with the RF module programming and testing. I need to purchase the rest of the components needed for the build then I can begin assembling the chassis.

Comment

Mwuahahahaha. Only 1 processor and 1 RAM stick away from a working build.

Comment

Technology.
                        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Is that cooling system a draw through or blow through?
                          '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

It is awesome, I'm a electronics major and wish I'd thought of something like this.
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Nobody says "Ebonics" anymore... It's thoroughly racist to assume that only black people talk like idiots. This site is proof that EVERYONE, of every cultural background, is capable of talking (or rather, typing) like a total fucking moron.

Comment

Blow through, it works just like a PCI Slot fan. Draws in from the top and exhausts air through the heatsink.

Comment

Working...
                              X