No announcement yet.

Rotas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm staying stock. I just brought it up because Rota makes wheels for the 6 lug V, which is really weird.

Comment

http://custompinoyrides.com/2012/03/...f-rota-wheels/

Knock yourselves out.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Although this contradicts much of what he said earlier in the article, this is the most sensible thing said:

Anyway, that’s not the whole point of this article. The point I would like to put across is that people buy things for a purpose. You can’t buy a cast wheel and expect it to perform like a forged wheel. Then complain about cast wheels not being “up to par” with the abuse you put it through. Remember, JWL and VIA standards are set for MOST ROAD CONDITIONS. Not for abuse. There is no test standard for abuse.

Comment

I did a lot of test with cast wheel vs. alloy wheel this summer. Cast or alloy doesn't say anything about strength btw, just material strength. There is the whole other factor of DESIGN! A cast wheel can be stronger than an alloy wheel. And just because a wheel is an alloy, doesn't automatically make it strong enough. Heavier wheels, or cast wheels, of the same wheel dimensions will ride a lot better, but a lighter wheel gives a better response time.
          '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Where did alloy come in? "Alloy wheels" can be either cast or forged. Forging most often produces a stronger, denser metal, and are therefore often used in wheels that have less material, making them lighter overall. Cast wheels can be made by a few methods, which can determine strength. Cast wheels are generally not as strong as forged, and often not as light (and when they are, they are even more likely to bend.)

Comment

The article talked about it. I read it a long time time ago, but I believe he argued alloy vs cast wheels in the argument.

Comment

I must've missed that.

That's kinda like arguing between sedans and cars.

Comment

It's possible I'm off my rocker too, been a long day.

Comment

cast "aluminum" wheels are generally an alloy of some sort.

im not a fan of rota but im not mad at anyone else for using them. ive even owned a set of slipstreams for my beater and my project has legit regamasters..

Last edited by J-specCb4; 10-09-2012, 01:25 AM.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                    The Chronicles.

Comment

Just so people know. If not I'll shed some light

A few yrs ago some unknown company copeied rota's and sold them as rota but using really cheap material obviously. They used same boxes for those that know the (white boxes with green graphics) but anyway the wheels broke super easy blah blah making rota look bad. Not saying the actual rotas are good or any better wheels break no matter how high in quality material has anyone 949 wheels with cracked faces and those are being tracked wheels.

Oh and the fake rotas stopped being made since they were caught, but can we say sportmax aka xxr wheels are what they created after:
                      NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                      DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

^^^most of the 949 wheels that cracked are black which for some reason are suppose to be weaker than the nickel or silver ones because of the paint process or something along those lines. Personally, I've bought wheels from companies that have come up with their own designs, not rip off someone else's hard work. However, I also know that wheels are a wear and tear items in track conditions so cast wheels will do for now

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                          Just so people know. If not I'll shed some light

A few yrs ago some unknown company copeied rota's and sold them as rota but using really cheap material obviously. They used same boxes for those that know the (white boxes with green graphics) but anyway the wheels broke super easy blah blah making rota look bad. Not saying the actual rotas are good or any better wheels break no matter how high in quality material has anyone 949 wheels with cracked faces and those are being tracked wheels.

Oh and the fake rotas stopped being made since they were caught, but can we say sportmax aka xxr wheels are what they created after:
                          As much as I'd love to believe XXR came from such a crappy company... do you have any proof of this claim? I can't find anything about that anywhere online.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtyrice View Post
                            ^^^most of the 949 wheels that cracked are black which for some reason are suppose to be weaker than the nickel or silver ones because of the paint process or something along those lines. Personally, I've bought wheels from companies that have come up with their own designs, not rip off someone else's hard work. However, I also know that wheels are a wear and tear items in track conditions so cast wheels will do for now
                            You know what, mow that you mention that I've been noticing that the wheels are black.

And deev which are you asking?? The fake rotas or xxr being owned by the fake rota producers.

How could you not hear fake about the rota movement lol
                            NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                            DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Mainly the XXR thing... though I'm surprised I haven't heard of the fake Rotas! That's pretty hilarious, considering Rotas are all cheap copies themselves!
                              "Dude, I got some awesome knockoff Addidums! 5 stripes instead of 4!"

Comment

Who the fuck stole my rotas?!

Comment

Working...
                                X