Rotas

Thought this was funny

(No offence to Rota owners)

<-- MRT

freaking retards -_-
    MRTvvv
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193522

Comment

Waits for the "any wheels can break" people to chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        LoL!!!!!
        MRTvvv
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193522

Comment

Heres my problem with this

We don't know how the wheel broke

Whos to say he didn't hit a curb or something?

Comment

At least the caption isn't necessarily saying the wheels are bad... just that stupid kids driving like stupid kids will break them.

Comment

Originally posted by accord4me View Post
              Thought this was funny

(No offence to Rota owners)

Lol decided to google image Rota wheels?
              My 91 ex coupe
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=189841

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                I'm here . You damn rite any rims can fail. The blame can't be just because they are a certain brand. IDK, why Rotas get a bad rep . Its more about what the owner does to make them break.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

I once heard someone say that the Desmond Regamaster Evo was a knockoff of the Rota Slipstream.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
                    I'm here . You damn rite any rims can fail. The blame can't be just because they are a certain brand. IDK, why Rotas get a bad rep . Its more about what the owner does to make them break.
                    Well, Rotas ARE cheaply made copies of expensive forged wheels... Probably no worse than other cheap cast wheels (shit, all cast Enkeis are made elsewhere... only the forged ones are Japanese-made anymore.) Probably better than many others, in fact.

Rota isn't a terribly high quality wheel maker, but they do well for what they make. Also, they're the only company that makes an aftermarket wheel for my stupid 6 lug CTS-V.

Comment

^never knew gen 1 ctsv was a 6 lug. The rota topic was a HUGE thread on H-t at one point with alot of shit talking by members who later ended up buying a set
                      My 91 ex coupe
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=189841

Comment

I hear that ... I wasn't trying to break balls Mike .. I was simply stating the fact that all rims can fail if abused to a certain point.No matter the brand.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

There are actually more than one option for your V, but the are spendy. Chrysler uses Rotas, and successfully as this car is champ.
                          '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by dockinrez View Post
                            ^never knew gen 1 ctsv was a 6 lug. The rota topic was a HUGE thread on H-t at one point with alot of shit talking by members who later ended up buying a set
                            It really all comes down to what the wheels will be used for. If the car is going to be a daily driver, the wheels don't have to be something that will handle racetrack conditions.

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                            There are actually more than one option for your V, but the are spendy. Chrysler uses Rotas, and successfully as this car is champ.
                            On lightweight cars especially, cast wheels are just fine. I wouldn't want inexpensive cast wheels on a 4000lb torque monster (the Rotas for the V probably wouldn't hold up if I wanted to crank out 900hp and drag race the thing!)

I know there are more options, but the only "off the shelf" options I've seen are Rotas. The rest that I've come across are all wheels that can be specially made with the 6 lug pattern. And you pay for it... oh boy, do you pay for it! (good thing I like the stock wheels! )

Comment

And those Rotas were used by a professional driver on a non bumpy course. I wouldn't dare put Rotas on a nice car. OZ makes some race wheels for your car and HRE has a set too, but I wouldn't go that direction either. Companies are doing right by OE wheels for sports cars nowadays. Like the black chrome 5 spokes on the 300SRT. My only other option (not to be mainstream or anything) would be CV3s on the 300, similar in design.

It's too bad you couldn't opt out for this:

Maybe you should do a 5 lug conversion. Or keep the stock wheels
                              '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Working...
                              X