Review of the 2013 V6 6MT Accord Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review of the 2013 V6 6MT Accord Coupe

I finally found the first review of the 13' 6-6 coupe. The test driver liked pretty much everything about it except for the EPS.

He said it also had a lot more low end and tons of midrange over the previous generation despite the engine being very similar. Looks like a very promising car. I can't wait for the dyno run to really see how it compared to the 2009 6MT they tested awhile back.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

The 6mt is slightly more powerful than its predecessor.

It is the VCM AT version that got a lot stronger, which is good because it was the one that needed it.

They did improve the non-VCM one, and it will still be plenty fast (and apparently slightly faster than the old one). Definitely going to test drive it though. I am a little concerned about how disconnected it feels. We will most likely end up with a V6 sedan though. EX-L most likely, although the Touringmis cool.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Sorry but what does VCM stand for again?

Comment

Variable Cylinder Management:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variabl...der_Management

Originally posted by deevergote
        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
          oh i remember that

Comment

Either way, since this new accord is just as fast as a cayman s and costs the same; for a car with a warranty and a much more luxurious interior, im sold. this car is finally in the 21st century regarding technology
            Last edited by Losiracer2; 09-12-2012, 07:56 AM.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

What is the purpose of EPS? Emissions? I know EPS eliminates drag on the engine from a pulley-driven hydraulic power steering pump, but still... the drag really isn't THAT big of a deal!

My Fit has EPS, probably similar to what is found in the new Accord. I don't mind it terribly. I still feel in control of the car, and I can chuck it into corners without feeling like I'm playing Forza. Still, coming from a PS-less CB7 and a Grand Prix GTP that handled like a 6 legged flying bison... I suppose I don't have much in the way of comparison!

I'm interested to see the 9th gen in person. The 7th gen looked "unfinished" to me, though it is just now growing on me. However, the 7th gen ushered in the first manual V6 Accord, so that was important. The 8th gen refined the look a bit, but I still don't love it. The 9th gen still carries the same clunky-chunky look of the 8th, but I suppose that's what most manufacturers are doing these days (due to design trends, aerodynamic requirements, or "pedestrian safety" regulations...)

Hondas today are as intriguing as ever in terms of technology, but the cars themselves don't stir my blood one bit. If I were to buy a new car in the same price range and category as the Accord, I'm not sure the Accord would be my choice (this being said with pictures and paper specs at hand only... test drives obviously would be a large part of that decision if it were anything more than hypothetical.)

Comment

It kind of annoys me how he keeps saying " 6mt " and not just saying " 6 speed " or " manual "

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  What is the purpose of EPS? Emissions? I know EPS eliminates drag on the engine from a pulley-driven hydraulic power steering pump, but still... the drag really isn't THAT big of a deal!

My Fit has EPS, probably similar to what is found in the new Accord. I don't mind it terribly. I still feel in control of the car, and I can chuck it into corners without feeling like I'm playing Forza. Still, coming from a PS-less CB7 and a Grand Prix GTP that handled like a 6 legged flying bison... I suppose I don't have much in the way of comparison!

I'm interested to see the 9th gen in person. The 7th gen looked "unfinished" to me, though it is just now growing on me. However, the 7th gen ushered in the first manual V6 Accord, so that was important. The 8th gen refined the look a bit, but I still don't love it. The 9th gen still carries the same clunky-chunky look of the 8th, but I suppose that's what most manufacturers are doing these days (due to design trends, aerodynamic requirements, or "pedestrian safety" regulations...)

Hondas today are as intriguing as ever in terms of technology, but the cars themselves don't stir my blood one bit. If I were to buy a new car in the same price range and category as the Accord, I'm not sure the Accord would be my choice (this being said with pictures and paper specs at hand only... test drives obviously would be a large part of that decision if it were anything more than hypothetical.)
                  MPG. Every bit helps. EPS usually saves .5-1MPG.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                  X