No announcement yet.

Would you pay $2700 for an H22a4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found a H22a swaped cb the other day the transmission had no 4th, but $1600obo came with suspension and wheels aswell. I get where toycar is going with his point though deals can be found.

As for the store rebuild, i know their rebuild & crank kit's aren't much, i got a 4,000 mile B7 with one and it had one extremely loose journal so i had to find the correct bearing clearance for it and buy that journal new bearings. After that i sold it and the guy that bought it is still happy with it.

You would think they would have got it right from the factory since they're suppose to be matched up.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I can get a type s for 1,950 from my connects if I wanted to. Shits gotten real cheap overtime.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
        I can get a type s for 1,950 from my connects if I wanted to. Shits gotten real cheap overtime.
        Word, so why is anyone paying full price to places like Hmotors or whoever is in the game these days?

I realize the engines come with warranties, but lots of people have had issues. So many, that it is viewed as mandatory to replace all the gaskets/seals/tensioner before swapping so what gives?

I'd much rather buy a prelude and go from there.

Theres so many parts we rape from them, like calipers/rotors/seats/dash/gauges etc..

Just buy it all at once and save a fortune. Thats how I would do it.
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
          If it had a 3 year warranty? I mean like a "I chose not to run oil, now I need a new engine" warranty. Or, a "I removed the spring from my blow off valve and welded it shut" warranty. As far as I can tell, things like these would both be covered.
          It's from Autozone btw. Looks like it comes with everything but the oil pan and the valve cover.
          when h22a4s come equipped with a blow off valve i will then pay 2700 bones
          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            I'm sure the engine isn't rebuilt by the dunces behind the counter... but still, I'd be wary of anything with FRM sleeves being rebuilt. Sure, there's a warranty... but if it fails, you still have to go through the hassle and expense of swapping it out! Fluids, belts, seals, various things you break in the process... that adds up.

I paid $2400 for my H22. "Complete swap" from HMO, back in 2003.

Yeah its not built by the employees.. Its built be the lowest bidder with the lowest priced parts.... They typically have three tiers.. The one without the tins are the lowest.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
              Word, so why is anyone paying full price to places like Hmotors or whoever is in the game these days?

I realize the engines come with warranties, but lots of people have had issues. So many, that it is viewed as mandatory to replace all the gaskets/seals/tensioner before swapping so what gives?

I'd much rather buy a prelude and go from there.

Theres so many parts we rape from them, like calipers/rotors/seats/dash/gauges etc..

Just buy it all at once and save a fortune. Thats how I would do it.
              Thats because you have to keep looking around and check out people when it comes down to their rep. I went to an area near me and I got a good deal on the motor I left the transmission and someone else brought it lol.

Comment

http://omaha.craigslist.org/pts/3257404450.html

Boom!

Complete h22, with tranny, harness, manifolds, and second cylinder head.

395 bux, obo

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/pts/3265060757.html

900bux, obo, but comes with ls long geared integra tranny and fresh rebuilt head.

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/pts/3227429316.html

400 bux, needs oil pump but ran when pulled.

I could do this all day long. Why does anyone pay so damn much for an h22?
                Last edited by toycar; 09-12-2012, 12:11 PM.
                Originally posted by wed3k
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I always thought they'd be that much @1k+. My cousin is selling a H22a (not sure which) for 500 needs "intake mani" and "dizzy". Wanted to hop on it but I have to do my research. I heard JDM h22 is faster.

Comment

Working...
                  X