Started autmotive school this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started autmotive school this week

So after 7 years away from high school i decided to go back to become an auto technician. Being that i work on cars all the time and enjoy it for the most part, plus already knowing a good amount of knowledge about vehicle dynamics in general has made this an easy decision.

The school is Brevard Community College and my instructor is Walter Hazelton

He was just inducted into the Automotive Hall of Fame in 2011
    1 of 11 in the world(he said possibly 12 now)to hold all ASE certifications
    1 of 4 in the world to hold all EVT certifications
    and the only one in the world to hold Master Vehicle Technician status in more than 9 specialty areas

i have been getting 100% on every piece of homework and every test.
    already have 11 certifications in just 4 days, they are all safety certs. which are easy but none the less.

plus since i am going to school from 7:30-11 then from 11:50-2:50 then going to work from 5-11 is a good way to keep from drinking nearly as much as i used to

so basically life is going good and i am finally going somewhere with my life
    ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Congrats man , thats awesome. Doing something you love is like doing nothing all day long . I waited 10 yrs to go back to college and it was such a breeze after you have aged a little. My new degrees has helped me land the job I have always wanted and with out them I would not had gotten it.Enjoy your time at college , because it will seem like no time and you will be receiving your degree. Good luck .

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

take it from me college is rough

Congrats man!
      visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
        Congrats man , thats awesome. Doing something you love is like doing nothing all day long . I waited 10 yrs to go back to college and it was such a breeze after you have aged a little. My new degrees has helped me land the job I have always wanted and with out them I would not had gotten it.Enjoy your time at college , because it will seem like no time and you will be receiving your degree. Good luck .
        thanks jason. yeah i have noticed that since i have grown out of my "woe is me" mentality from back in high school that this work is cake, so far

what degrees have you received? if you don't mind me asking.

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
        take it from me college is rough

Congrats man!
        thank you as well ryan, i have been getting a bunch of these congrats from everyone around me and it is really uplifting.

i believe this course will get more tough as it progresses, as long as i stay on top of things and don't get behind there should be no issues.
        ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Congrats dude, wish I could get some sort of trade under my belt, lol.
          My FB Page - http://www.facebook.com/hellaflush3d

My 3D Work --> http://samauripizzacats.deviantart.com/

Comment

I obtain 3.
            1)Meteorology Degree
            2)AAS,Welding Option
            3)AAS, Multiskill / Maintenance

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Congrats. Sounds like an excellent instructor will make an even better student and future licenced tech out of you.

Good luck with your courses.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx View Post
                Congrats dude, wish I could get some sort of trade under my belt, lol.
                thank you man, it seems that trade skills are always something you can fall back on because most trades are still in demand.

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
                I obtain 3.
                1)Meteorology Degree
                2)AAS,Welding Option
                3)AAS, Multiskill / Maintenance
                how long did the meteorology degree take because weather has always been an interest to me for some reason.
                my brother is thinking about doing a welding class, at the school i am going to, this upcoming spring semester.

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                Congrats. Sounds like an excellent instructor will make an even better student and future licenced tech out of you. Good luck with your courses.
                thanks mikey. he is a pretty cool guy but he is strict and stern about certain things which i can appreciate because that's how the business world should be.
                ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Working...
                X