• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll have a round of Deeverbrau.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      put it in the butt
      urg

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

I wish I could get into IPA's. I love the Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA, but that's about the only one, I can tolerate the Harpoon IPA, but I still prefer a nice stout or ale.

Comment

Same here. I honestly don't care for IPAs at all myself. My friend that's brewing with me also shares my dislike. He's the one who says "IPAs are nothing but crappy beer hidden under the flavor of way too much hops!" IPAs are the popular choice of girls these days, it seems. I keep meeting girls that love IPAs. Weird...

Anyway, the Back in Black IPA is a bit heavier. It's still really hoppy, mostly in the smell, but it has a feel closer to a black lager (and the place we're brewing at won't do lagers... they take too long.) Most of our "fall beer" choices were no-go, because they were lagers (such as an Octoberfest... which is a marzen... a lager.)

Comment

I can handle most ipa's but they aren't my favorite. The back in black ipa is delicious however! I am partial to cork finished beers, they're not something to pound, you savor them. Plus they're normally high alcohol content, you don't need to drink a bunch.

Comment

Cork finished? I haven't heard that term before... what's that?

Comment

Lived in NJ all my life, man.
                My location is simply a clever usage of "PIITB"

The guy that ran the shop today also praised Koch. Apparently he's a really awesome guy.
                There's a homebrewer's club that meets around my area, and a few of the larger local brewers are members (like the owner of Iron Hill Brewery... 4 restaurants in the area, but they can only serve their beer in the restaurant, not distribute it otherwise) I'm thinking of joining.
                Oh, beer and a treat! I bet that's why it's so popular of a class.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Instead of a metal cap, it has a cork. They are full bodied with complex flavors. Generally have a higher alcohol content, and come in 750mL bottles like champagne. Chinatown and Ommegang are two of the better known brands, but there are tons more. If you ever see one I recommend picking it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                    Oh, beer and a treat! I bet that's why it's so popular of a class.

Jim Koch. Owner of Sam Adams.

Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post
                    Instead of a metal cap, it has a cork. They are full bodied with complex flavors. Generally have a higher alcohol content, and come in 750mL bottles like champagne. Chinatown and Ommegang are two of the better known brands, but there are tons more. If you ever see one I recommend picking it up.
                    Ah, ok. I've never seen that term before! I had one like that the other night. I'm not usually a fan... too sweet for me, in many cases, and the alcohol is often very easy to taste. Barleywine styles usually come like that.

Comment

We're shooting for about 6.5%

I should make a Deeverbrew
                      Banstick Brew FTW !!!

Fairway Market has some of the corkfinished beers in stock IIRC, will have to check out
                      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Jim Koch. Owner of Sam Adams.

I can't tell if you understood my skillful use of a homophone to create a euphemism.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I did. I just wasn't sure if that was your intention, or if you actually misread what I had typed

Comment

Can you make something smooth and light like iced tea with a peach flavor where two bottles will put you on your ass?
                            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I've heard that hard apple cider is very very easy to make and tastes very good.

Personally I'm very picky with beers and have to be in the mood for them.

I like a few wheat beers, Sam Adams cherry wheat and Shock Top. Other than that it's light beers for me, Bud Light, Miller Light, and Coors Light. My all time favorite that I've grown to love is the new Bud Light Lime-a-Ritas. Little things pack a wicked punch.

Comment

Same here. I honestly don't care for IPAs at all myself. My friend that's brewing with me also shares my dislike. He's the one who says "IPAs are nothing but crappy beer hidden under the flavor of way too much hops!" IPAs are the popular choice of girls these days, it seems. I keep meeting girls that love IPAs. Weird...

Anyway, the Back in Black IPA is a bit heavier. It's still really hoppy, mostly in the smell, but it has a feel closer to a black lager (and the place we're brewing at won't do lagers... they take too long.) Most of our "fall beer" choices were no-go, because they were lagers (such as an Octoberfest... which is a marzen... a lager.)
                                IPA's are my favorite, I can count the number of women who like them on one hand that I know. They normally go for the light stuff. Hoppy beer is my favorite after all what is a beer with out hops?

And I hate black IPA's talk about ruining a beer with coffee flavors blahhhhhhhhhhh.

Anyways ship me some beer. I have 20 gallons of IPA right now.
                                H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                                X