out of the CB game so soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

out of the CB game so soon?

Feels weird to be out of the old Honda. Usually threads like this are because some of you older guys have "outgrown" our Accord and "upgrade" to something newer/better.

For now, I'm in the process of looking at some SUVs since that's what I need. Checked out a few Jeeps, saw a nice Explorer today, but I'm already missing the Accord. Another thing I'll miss out on is gas mileage. Filled up my mom's Liberty and it almost took $70!

So I'll still lurk the off-topic since I didn't have much to offer knowledge-wise anyway, just thought I'd say my goodbyes and thank yous to all those who have helped me along the way, in real life and through the interwebs. Made some friends and met a lot of cool people on this site, still one of the best online communities by far I think.

Good luck and happy hunting ...What are you looking for in a SUV ? 4 banger , V6 or V8 ? The room in those are amazing , but as you stated the MPG are lacking..I hope you find a good one tho.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Dont feel bad man...we all move on at some point, I did too. I plan on getting another CB but not anytime soon. Good luck on your search.
      1990 Accord EX

Comment

try looking for a hybrid SUV. My company has a 2005 Escape Hybrid with over 200k miles and it still gets 27mpg regardless of how its driven.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
          Good luck and happy hunting ...What are you looking for in a SUV ? 4 banger , V6 or V8 ? The room in those are amazing , but as you stated the MPG are lacking..I hope you find a good one tho.
          I was hoping for a 6 cylinder. The Liberty my mom has is a 6 and has been pretty good on gas for her long commutes. I looked at 2 Grand Cherokees both with the i6 but both were not as great as advertised.

My friend's Explorer though is very tempting. Has 111k, fully loaded XLT, leather, sunroof, but has the monster v8 haha.

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
          try looking for a hybrid SUV. My company has a 2005 Escape Hybrid with over 200k miles and it still gets 27mpg regardless of how its driven.
          My budget is nowhere near enough to afford even the first hybrid SUV. I'm looking at around $3500 max. Plus, in my opinion, hybrid SUVs and hybrids in general just aren't worth it. An SUV that is already heavy, adding a bunch of batteries to help out in the city isn't worth the extra cost.

Comment

dont get an SUV, youll look like a soccer mom

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Cb9.....all your problems solved

Comment

rx300's are getting cheap
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

lol, i think i got you beat by only owning my CB7 for about 2 months.. I'll probably buy another one just because it was so good to me for these short months that i had it..

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                    dont get an SUV, youll look like a soccer mom
                    Another downside haha. I hate driving my mom's Liberty because she has a pink Mickey Mouse Disney antenna ball and a sticker that says "Got Boys" because my brother went to an all boys school.

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
                    Cb9.....all your problems solved
                    Also trying to get into something different. Having owned a Honda for 3 years, not sure I want another one for 3 more. Trying to venture out and see what else there is.

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                    rx300's are getting cheap
                    I think deev put it best when he said something about the correlation of RX owners and vaginas haha

Originally posted by topsey_kretts View Post
                    lol, i think i got you beat by only owning my CB7 for about 2 months.. I'll probably buy another one just because it was so good to me for these short months that i had it..
                    Wow only 2 months! My 3 year span with it seems so short looking back. I may get one way down the road, just because the car itself has sentimental value to me. But I don't see it fitting in with my plans for the next 5-10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by zmanwit90accord View Post
                      another Downside Haha. I Hate Driving My Mom's Liberty Because She Has A Pink Mickey Mouse Disney Antenna Ball And A Sticker That Says "got Boys" Because My Brother Went To An All Boys School.

Also Trying To Get Into Something Different. Having Owned A Honda For 3 Years, Not Sure I Want Another One For 3 More. Trying To Venture Out And See What Else There Is.

I Think Deev Put It Best When He Said Something About The Correlation Of Rx Owners And Vaginas Haha

Wow Only 2 Months! My 3 Year Span With It Seems So Short Looking Back. I May Get One Way Down The Road, Just Because The Car Itself Has Sentimental Value To Me. But I Don't See It Fitting In With My Plans For The Next 5-10 Years.
                      Lol!

Comment

Honestly I left the Cb7 game for a hot minute. When I left I noticed people potentially got more ignorant and the competition just wasn't there let alone the cost of the car which im not concern about it's the community of people who are just total asshats on the opposite side of the fence.

I have learned so much knowledge over the years that pretty much picked up where I left off and move it to a whole next other level. So with that being said im trying to do my best to get back into the cb game when I can. With the newer cars today it just doesnt seem as much fun as it was taking someone out with my cb when I had it.

Comment

i own a subaru forester which apparently is the lesbian car to own.

it's awd, sounds cool, reliable and has a police siren. i don't care what other people think of me in it.

did i mention it fits 4-33" tires?
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

ehh Jeeps are fun but I wouldn't own one as my primary vehicle. It gets terrible mileage and something is always wrong with it. I have a 98 Cherokee and I am looking to trade it for a diesel K5 Blazer, I would rather own a GM product.

Aren't you in school? 30 mpg Accord is much more budget friendly.
                            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                              i own a subaru forester which apparently is the lesbian car to own.

it's awd, sounds cool, reliable and has a police siren. i don't care what other people think of me in it.

did i mention it fits 4-33" tires?
                              I actually first started my search with the Foresters and even the Outbacks. Then I learned of the common head gasket problems which I was NOT interested in and I can't seem to find decent examples in my price range. All these jap cars hold their value too well and I get stuck settling for an American SUV.

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                              ehh Jeeps are fun but I wouldn't own one as my primary vehicle. It gets terrible mileage and something is always wrong with it. I have a 98 Cherokee and I am looking to trade it for a diesel K5 Blazer, I would rather own a GM product.

Aren't you in school? 30 mpg Accord is much more budget friendly.
                              Eh, different strokes for different folks. My mom has daily driven 2 different Jeeps since 2000 and no major problems for either of them. She's part of the reason I'm looking at the Grand Cherokee. When her CB got stolen she picked one up with all the leather and toys and we loved it.

I have people on the Jeep forum telling me to fuck everything else and pick up the first GC I find. Recently converted my dad who has been an anti-Ford guy since he sold his 3rd one a while back on that Explorer I mentioned.

I guess I'm looking for something to take me away from this modding scene. I think it'll be really hard, especially since there are so many things I can do to whatever it is I buy, but I'm really not looking forward to spending over a grand (not including maintenance, gas, etc.) into any car for a long while. I learned my lesson with the CB.

Yes I am in school but gas mileage isn't really my biggest concern. Would I prefer a 6 cylinder SUV and sacrifice that bit of oomph over a big v8... yea I would. But either way a big heavy truck isn't going to get amazing mileage especially at its age. Plus I don't drive that often. In the 3 years I had the Accord, I only put about 20k miles on it. Granted it is mostly city driving but I don't anticipate my gas bill to get to the point where I can't afford it.

Comment

Working...
                              X