No announcement yet.

Surviving the Apocalypse: Penicillin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree .22's are weak for power. But if you can kill a zombie with a screwdriver to the dome, a headshot with a .22 should suffice the same.

My .22's are semi auto. For my home protection weapon I use a semi auto 20 gauge slug barrel shotty. Fires as fast as you pull the trigger, and tears shit up. 12gauge is cool, but personally a 20 is much easier to rapid fire accurately. I have a run of the mill 12 gauge mossberg I hunt bird with. 20gauge is much more comfy(for me) for rapid fire and control.
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I'm not sure if you watched it or not but Son of Guns had a special where Will and one of his top gunsmiths each made a gun they thought would be the perfect zombie gun. I think Will had some huge AR with a grenade launcher while the other guy had a modified p90 using a bullpup style magazine firing .22 rounds.

The author of "The Zombie Survival Book", Max Brooks, was on the same team that made the p90 and suggested to use the .22 round because it would be the most plentiful since everyone else who would raid a gun shop would probably only grab the bigger rounds first.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
        I agree .22's are weak for power. But if you can kill a zombie with a screwdriver to the dome, a headshot with a .22 should suffice the same.

My .22's are semi auto. For my home protection weapon I use a semi auto 20 gauge slug barrel shotty. Fires as fast as you pull the trigger, and tears shit up. 12gauge is cool, but personally a 20 is much easier to rapid fire accurately. I have a run of the mill 12 gauge mossberg I hunt bird with. 20gauge is much more comfy(for me) for rapid fire and control.
        I have an old 20GA bolt action shot gun. Its pretty cool. Im short and heavy (5ft 9in and 230lbs.) So a 12GA is perfect for me. It dosent hurt me to shoot 100 rounds OO buck shot in a day like it does alot of smaller guys. And being as my 12GA is a tactical shotgun i think i can be very effecient with it.

So if/when the zombies come i hope they dont like short fat people! But if they do im ready!

Ive been reading alot about ways to defend yourself in the event of something like a zombie out break happening. If you really believe its going to happen there is alot you can do to protect yourself if you start prepairing now.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMO View Post
          I have an old 20GA bolt action shot gun. Its pretty cool. Im short and heavy (5ft 9in and 230lbs.) So a 12GA is perfect for me. It dosent hurt me to shoot 100 rounds OO buck shot in a day like it does alot of smaller guys. And being as my 12GA is a tactical shotgun i think i can be very effecient with it.

So if/when the zombies come i hope they dont like short fat people! But if they do im ready!

Ive been reading alot about ways to defend yourself in the event of something like a zombie out break happening. If you really believe its going to happen there is alot you can do to protect yourself if you start prepairing now.

did you see that viral commercial for walking dead filmed in New York? it apparently scared the shit out of people because they just randomly popped up.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
            did you see that viral commercial for walking dead filmed in New York? it apparently scared the shit out of people because they just randomly popped up.
            Yeah its awesome!

Last edited by H311RA151N; 08-04-2012, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Chances are, if you have an infection that presents an emergency great enough to make your own penicillin... you'll probably be dead in the time it'd take to make it!
              Not always. syphilis can last years. Oh and Geofm Bad ass topic.
              I think we'd also need steroids.

Comment

Working...
              X