At the turningpoint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you and i are very different.

i attend the cb meets all the time, ill bring whatever i want because i don't really care for the car but meeting people.

we bullshit about the cb7's but honestly i see it as more of a hangout (maybe because i don't get out much?)
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
      you and i are very different.

i attend the cb meets all the time, ill bring whatever i want because i don't really care for the car but meeting people.

we bullshit about the cb7's but honestly i see it as more of a hangout (maybe because i don't get out much?)
      Well this is really OT, but I agree.

I could go and just hang out.

Honestly, I haven't met to many of the NE cb7 peeps and I don't hear about a ton of activity.

I just miss the days of having mine and going and hanging out and being able to have something mutual to talk about.

Just going to hang out is fine, but it's just different....can't really explain it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
        How do you come up with that?
        The 20 year old project car that's been sitting, undrivable, in my driveway for the past 4 years is a good example. Not to mention the fact that the modifications have cost me AC, power steering, a functional back seat, a comfortable ride...
        Unless you're just going to throw basic bolt-ons at a family car (and I know sparkle well enough to know he likely won't stop there!), it should remain unmodified. Just my opinion, but I feel it is well-founded.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          The 20 year old project car that's been sitting, undrivable, in my driveway for the past 4 years is a good example. Not to mention the fact that the modifications have cost me AC, power steering, a functional back seat, a comfortable ride...
          Unless you're just going to throw basic bolt-ons at a family car (and I know sparkle well enough to know he likely won't stop there!), it should remain unmodified. Just my opinion, but I feel it is well-founded.
          No not about that, although all the things that were wrong with your car were not things that could not have been fixed, just the usual items.

Anytime you modify a vehicle outside of its OEM setup, expect failures and expect extra work/money to be spent.

What I was referring to, is how you came up with the notion that the 6th gen Accord was the poorest built Accord ever made?

I hope that is an opinion because im not sure where your going to get the data from to support it.

Outside the tranny issues(which plagued other models as well) the 6th gen, while having a cheap feel to it, was just as well built as any other Accord I've seen or had the privledge of riding in.

I own one.

I can see where Honda cut corners to save money.

I wouldn't say it's the poorest made one, but then again, I wouldn't be able to tell anyone which one is since I don't have the knowledge to make such a factual statement.

Comment

I was just talking about buying a CB for his wife + kid which he said he was thinking of doing. For that end the CB is not the car for the money and it would pay to spend a little more. Buying one for modding is a whole different story. Personally I would go with a Prelude over a CB, the handling is so much better, and its for fun so space doesn't matter. Its a little lighter too.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

5th gens are no better than 4th gens, aside from aesthetics... and 6th gens are quite possibly the poorest-quality Accord Honda has ever made. I wouldn't part with my 92, but I had no problem letting my ex drive off in our 02 when she left!

For a family car that needs to be safe, reliable, and comfortable... a 20 year old project car is a very bad idea.
              The 5th gen offers dual airbags, antilock brakes, disc all around, and better crash test scores. Yes the CB and CD are damn near identical underneath but from a safety stand point. The CD is the better choice. I suggest the 6th gen because of the years it was made, and is a "newer" vehicle. Now i do agree on quality with the 6th gen.

If he really wants to go all out on an accord even the 7th gen would be great.

I speak from experience having owned 4th, 5th, and 7th gen Accords. Onwing the 4th and 5th at the same time. The only reason we bought the 7th gen was because the CD was rear ended by an F150 doing 50mph while I was at a stand still. The CD had a stellar performance in keeping me, my aunt, and dog alive. I wouldn't trust my 4th gen in doing so if it was the same situation.

-----------

I'm not going to suggest any 90s German vehicle. BMWs can be plagued with problems even if they don't look like it. But an early 2000s E46 sedan should be fine. Don't go with any 2000-2007 Merc. Just dismal quality and electrical failures.

2005-2010 BMW 5 series should be fine also.
              Last edited by ThatOneAccord; 08-04-2012, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFalcoln View Post
                I love the cars but I wouldn't put a wife and child in one.

Looks like a death trap to me.
                That last one was a 3rd gen, just sayin

And 2 of those CB clearly got wrapped around a tree or pole, and one was T- boned, the other being rear ended horribly. Now how fast were they going?

The first 2 pics i say in excess of 80mph
                The 3rd, maybe 50ish

same goes for the following

Comment

5th gens are no better than 4th gens, aside from aesthetics... and 6th gens are quite possibly the poorest-quality Accord Honda has ever made. I wouldn't part with my 92, but I had no problem letting my ex drive off in our 02 when she left!

For a family car that needs to be safe, reliable, and comfortable... a 20 year old project car is a very bad idea.
                  Oh wow Mike you was like you can keep the 02 im keep my cb7...bitches love the cb7 lol

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                    I was just talking about buying a CB for his wife + kid which he said he was thinking of doing. For that end the CB is not the car for the money and it would pay to spend a little more. Buying one for modding is a whole different story. Personally I would go with a Prelude over a CB, the handling is so much better, and its for fun so space doesn't matter. Its a little lighter too.
                    Strange I always thought the cb was lighter than the prelude Yaw?

Comment

I hear you on that im trying so hard to step away from modding cars but once I hear anything about a intake an exhaust or some other things to give it more power significantly.

Then before you know it Im up on the compe doing research on it see the price and be like ahhhhhhhhh trying to resist to not order it only and before you know it i get the confirmation like your order has been processed lol.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                        Strange I always thought the cb was lighter than the prelude Yaw?
                        4th gens are a little lighter with the same engine. Like 60 lbs. But it feels a lot lighter handling wise, cause of the short wheelbase.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                        X