Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lithium ion battery

are these worth while they can weigh as little as 500 grams
    unsure what else is required and how reliable they are.

genereally around the $2000 mark but some have been popping up for $150.

sidenote are all other batteries agm or only specific brands.

Isn't that the type of battery that is used in the battery packs of hybrid vehicles?
    I'm sure they're quite reliable, but unless you're really going for MAJOR weight reduction, I don't see the point.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Isn't that the type of battery that is used in the battery packs of hybrid vehicles?
      I'm sure they're quite reliable, but unless you're really going for MAJOR weight reduction, I don't see the point.
      Maybe he's planning for the zombie apocalypse and is thinking about a reliable, rechargeable power source?

Generator powers house and charges battery. Battery powers house through elaborate design of power inverters and voltage regulators to offset need for gas.

Hybrid house baby!!
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

i can guarantee you the $150 battery is either a typo or not lithium ion.

also, LI batteries in cars are finicky and require specific chargers, etc. get a lightweight braille and call it good.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

The really small batteries can cause issues, though. My friend's won't hold a charge for very long.

The LI idea is intriguing, and I'd be interested to see it implemented... but for what it has to offer, it's probably more hassle than benefit.

Comment

http://www.braillebattery.com/index....ies/green_lite

the green-lite series, very cheap even other braille lithiums starting price is $1,000 so 10% of the price.

so is there any negative affects.
            cold starts/ hot weather. exploding? rupturing?

Comment

and yes it's all about weight reduction, I"m a weight reduction fiend.
              my experience with lithium devices is is you don't use it for 6 months it will still have the same charge or atleast not be dead.
              in dremels etc.

Comment

Looks like they're made for automotive use, so I don't see why that would be any worse than any other small battery, if not better.

This is the first I've heard about them, so chances are it's not something that has been discussed on here previously (and therefore, there probably aren't many that know about it here.) A quick email to the company should probably answer most questions regarding cold/hot starts and charging. Of course, rupturing won't be discussed... they'll obviously tell you they won't leak, explode, or otherwise rupture... But as long as your car is capable of charging it properly, and it's suitable for hot/cold weather, I don't imagine it'd be a threat.

Comment

those are motorcycle batteries. you might get by with the g9L, the biggest one on that page, but it might not even crank your car over. on a daily driver, 6 lbs is not worth the risk of getting stuck everywhere. check out their lightweight AGM batteries, still very lightweight and are much less likely to leave you stranded. they are fairly cheap too, compared to other lightweight "racing" batteries.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                  Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                  'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                  Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

i ran a motorcycle braille when i was trying to do weight reduction on my car. it sucked trying to start my car in the winter.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

what about 2 of them.
                      or using it as a additional power source, reserve/stationary music listening etc.

they weigh nothing.

Comment

Working...
                      X