No announcement yet.

WTF is this tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my 240sx and 350z drifter friends use this tool a lot. I borrowed my friends tool he rents out to people and did mine since my 17s were rubbing in the rear because of the +42 offset and being dropped 2.75". Its a lot better than using a baseball bat or a hammer as you can gradually roll the fender to whatever flare you desire just by increasing the angle out more.

It kinda operates as an inverted jack that bolts onto your hub which uses a delrin plastic/hard plastic roller on the end of it. Just move it back and forth and gradually increase the amount of opening on the jack until you get it to clear your wheel enough under full compression of your shock.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

You dont know what it is, but you want one?

Comment

legit rollers are like 250$ ish

shops charge quite a bit to roll fenders around my area. just charge less than everyone else and your roller will pay for itself.
        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
          legit rollers are like 250$ ish

shops charge quite a bit to roll fenders around my area. just charge less than everyone else and your roller will pay for itself.
          hmmm

Comment

yeah shops around here charge 50-75 per fender, unless you know someone. It's cheaper to either rent one (sometimes even comes with a heat gun) or invest in one and do it for friends and stuff until it pays itself off

Comment

Down in Miami there is very known set of twins that rolls majority of the cars in S FLA. They use that tool for mostly the rears. The front fender lips are softer/thinner so they use a special type of plier that finishes each fender in under 5 mins if that much. They even have a fb page :Fender rolling kings of miami. They make a killing because they are very reasonable compared to most shops. They charge $25 per wheel so it cost me $100 to roll my entire car. They do the job right the first time and sometimes they even fix previous attempts.

This could be a very lucrative business if you are in a area that has alot of tuners. I know these guys makes a killing. On a busy weekend they roll probably 4-7. Say they do 5 cars thru out the week and roll the entire car, thats $900 - $1200 in one week.

They have been rolling fenders are quite awhile now when they were still in HS. I know right now will all this stance crap business has picked up.

edit: here is a pic of my car getting rolled using that tool.
              Last edited by Gemini; 07-29-2012, 11:10 PM.
              1993 Accord LX - Sold
              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
              2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
              2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
              2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
              2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
              2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

where can you buy it?

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                  where can you buy it?
                  ebay and craigslist for used ones, otherwise
                  http://www.eastwood.com/autobody/fender-roller.html

Comment

Originally posted by Amiss View Post
                    ebay and craigslist for used ones, otherwise
                    http://www.eastwood.com/autobody/fender-roller.html
                    Yup
                    1993 Accord LX - Sold
                    93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                      where can you buy it?
                      I see where your mind is going. I thought the same thing but my job keeps me locked down but I could make some cash on weekends rolling fenders. Roll a few cars and the tool basically pays for itself. These guys charge extra if they have to come to your house/shop to do it.

There is also a local guy that rents his out on CL for $25 per day. That way he doesnt have to do the work. He does charge a $200 deposit though just in case some asshole tries to steal it
                      1993 Accord LX - Sold
                      93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

I rented an Eastwood roller once just to find out it wouldn't work on the rear because it would hit the top of the knuckle. I had to buy a Power by Max roller which is much smaller and can fit without an issue. For those looking to buy a roller I would strongly advice towards the Power by Max one.

Comment

i lend mine out for free lol
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I just went looking around, and I have one of these at the shop that's never been used....lol...I always use the body saw and grinder. I didn't know it would stretch the fender too. I might just have to play with it this week on a 01 accord coupe I go at the shop, dude wants to tuck 20's on a static drop
                            Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 07-27-2012, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                              There is also a local guy that rents his out on CL for $25 per day. That way he doesnt have to do the work. He does charge a $200 deposit though just in case some asshole tries to steal it
                              I have my own but thats what my buddy does except he charges 50 with a 200 deposit.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

its a RICE roller. For those that want a hellafail look.

I would rather get them rolled professionally. IMO the fenders look weird when they are rolled.
                                MY MRT
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178936

Comment

Working...
                                X